Let's Watch It Burn

Animal I Have Become

Letty got off of Dillon's lap, claiming she had to go to the bathroom. She gave Jordan a pointed look, hoping he would catch the hint. He did and said he was going to get something to drink.

Kita eyed the two as they walked out of the room. Jordan was probably going to tell Letty all about her. Or maybe she was just being paranoid.

Kita and Jordan weren't always the closest of the group, but they still used to be pretty close. She just hoped he wouldn't tell Letty all of the bad things about her and forget about the good things. Especially if it involved the fight between George and herself.

Besides, it wasn't like Kita chose to leave on her own. Well, she partially did, but George still held some of the blame.

-----

Letty wandered down the hallway. She stopped about halfway down and waited for Jordan to join her.

"What's up?" he asked.

"The deal with George and Kita," Letty replied.

"Ahh...that..."

"Yeah."

Jordan cleared his throat, "Well..."

***

A crash. The breaking of glass. A feminine voice screeched.

"I hate you! How could you do this to me!?"

A man stormed out of the bedroom, his hair disheveled and a thin layer of sweat glistening on his skin. The smell of alcohol and sex lingered around him.

"Me? It was you that started it!"

"I did nothing!"

"You did! All those "lunch dates" with what's-his-face! Don't think I didn't know what was going on!"

Her voice softened, "What are you talking about?"

His voice remained harsh, "You know what! You were cheating on me!"

"What!? I would never do such a thing! I love you too much!"

He glared at her, "I don't believe you."

Tears cascaded down her face and she threw her hands in the air.

"I give up! You've become....you've become an animal, George! All you do is drink all day, you think I'm cheating on you with my boss, and you don't even trust me around your own friends! What happened to you? You're not the man I fell in love with!"

He shook his head, "I'm not the one that's changed."

She stared at him, not believing what he was saying, "Me? I haven't changed!"

"You have! You never have time for me anymore! It's always work, work, or hanging with your 'girlfriends'. What about me? You tell me how hurt you are, but I'm hurt too! You can't just forget that I love you!"

"You sure don't act like you love me."

"Neither do you."

She sniffed, but didn't bother wiping the tears away from her face.

"The two of us: we had a future. We had it all planned out. What happened to us?"

He sighed, "We're different people now."

She glared at him, "Obviously. The old George never would've slept with some $5 whore just because he thought I was cheating on him! Which I'm not!"

He narrowed his eyes. Their voices were getting louder again, scaring the petite woman cowering in the doorway to the bickering couple's bedroom.

"I guess now would be a good time to leave-"

"Damn right it is! Get your ass out of my house, you dumb bitch!"

The smaller woman scurried out of the house, stumbling and trying to put on her clothes before she bolted out of the front door.

"Kita! What the fuck was that about?"

"I don't want some bimbo in my house!"

"It's not just your house! It's mine too!"

"I don't care! I don't want her here!"

He sighed and ran his hands over his face.

"I gave you everything. It never was enough for you, was it?"

He stopped and fixed his gaze on her, trying to comprehend what she just said.

"What?"

She huffed, "You heard me! I gave you the money to buy this house for us, I gave you more love than is humanly possible, but you never once thanked me-"

He slammed his fist into the wall, "How could you say that!? I payed for this house too! And don't even start on the "love" thing. I loved you just as much, maybe even more! Oh, and I was the one who was never thankful? I can't remember the last time I heard you say anything like that to me!"

She shook her head, laughing sadly, "You just don't get it!"

Before he could make a comeback, she grabbed her bag and stormed out of the house, ramming into someone on the way. Without apologizing, she got in her car, slammed the door, revved the engine and took off down the street, tires squealing.

He walked to the door, watching her go. His head was so clouded, he couldn't hear that his friend was talking to him.

"Johnny, man, what happened?"


***

"So...you just found him there?" Letty asked.

Jordan nodded, "I came by to drop off some of his shit he left at my house, and Kita stormed out the door and nearly knocked me over. I finally got him to tell me everything that happened but...it feels like there's still something I don't know."

Letty was silent. She felt like such a...bitch...for assuming things about this Kita girl.

Jordan chuckled, "There's no need to feel bad or anything. It's not just George's fault, it's Kita's too. They both had to work out their issues. They both realized they were wrong."

"But then...why was she so-"

"Bitchy towards you?" Jordan offered.

Letty shrugged, "Yeah."

"Well, I know it's not because she still loves George. Those two still have some...differences to deal with. My guess is it's because she's looking out for him."

Letty looked at him quizzically, "Why would she do that?"

Jordan shrugged, "She knows how bad she hurt him and doesn't want it to happen again, probably. She really is a good person, but...I just don't fully trust her yet. There's too much that I still don't know about what happened between her and George."

"So she should leave me alone?" Letty asked. She hated people who were aggressive and tried to get to know her. If she wanted them to know something, she'd tell them.

Jordan laughed, "Yeah. She should. Just don't be a total bitch to her or she'll never let you near George again."

Letty raised a brow, "So?"

Jordan's laughing ceased, but a knowing expression remained on his face, "You don't care about not being near George, or any of us then?"

"No."

It was true: Letty barely knew George. She barely knew any of the other guys either. Being near none of them and not seeing any of them ever again wouldn't affect her. She'd be just fine.

It's not like knowing these people for a day or two really made an impact on her or anything.

Jordan shrugged, "Alright then. Ready to go back?"

"Right after I piss."

Jordan laughed, "Gotcha. See you out there, then."

She gave him a curt nod as a reply and went to the bathroom. Once she finished her business, she roamed back into the living room and just stood, not feeling like sitting anymore.

"There she is!" Aron cheered.

"You're awake." she noted.

He winked at Letty, "Just waiting for you to come back."

Kita scowled at him, and he took notice.

"Hey! I saw that!"

She playfully rolled her eyes and flipped him off.

Aron put a hand over his chest, "That hurts, baby. Right here."

She chuckled, "Fuck you."

"Maybe later."

Letty watched the exchange between the two. Her gaze drifted over to George to see him doing the same, though he was more concentrated on what was going on between Kita and Aron. When he noticed Letty looking, he looked right back at her. Subconsiously, Letty's gaze went to the floor and she stared at her purple Converse.

What was her problem?

"So Letty, I say you need some new clothes," Jorel said, interrupting the silence.

She shrugged. Her clothes were awfully dirty and ripped, but there was nothing she could do. She didn't have any money to buy more.

"I know!" Kita said, hopping off the couch and facing Letty, "You could borrow some of my clothes!"

"Aren't your clothes at your place?" Matt asked.

Kita nodded, "Yeah."

"And you want to take some girl you just met with you?" George asked skeptically.

She rolled her eyes, "You make it sound like I plan on raping her or something."

Dillon eyed her, "Well-"

Kita rolled her eyes again, "Oh come on! The girl needs some clothes! What could possibly go wrong?"

George shared a quick glance with Letty.

What could possibly go wrong?
♠ ♠ ♠
woo! first chapter in a while!

it's mostly a George and Kita flashback, but meh.

more exciting stuff will happen soon.
and more Letty. I promise.

and also more J3T.
because we all love some of that man-meat ;D

lol.

enjoy!
comments! :D

Title Credit - Three Days Grace