Status: completed

What If I Told You I Love You

I can make you forget about him..

For the second time in a couple days, I found myself walking down the hallway in the basement of the Scottrade Center. This time I was not heading towards the locker room though. I was coming in from the parking lot where I had just parked my car. Tonight was the first game of the season and to say I was excited was an understatement. I was practically bouncing down the hallway.

I hummed a nameless tune as I made my way towards the stairs that would lead me up to the box that my dad had for all the games. I pulled my phone out, shooting Mel a text to tell her I was here. I was excited for hockey to start but another part of me was excited to see TJ. I wanted to give him a little payback for making me feel so damn flustered. I wanted to get the same sort of reaction out of him, I'd just have to find him after the game. From what I'd heard from Mel, who had been hanging out with Patrik Berglund a lot lately, the team was going out to some club/ bar place after the game tonight. It was my perfect opportunity to mess with him.

My feet continued to lead me towards the stairs as I daydreamed about random things. I started to pass by some of the players who were doing a warm up routine. I waved to a few that I knew and they gave me wide smiles back. I suppressed an eye roll when they elbowed each other as I passed. Men, ugh. I made it past the players waving at David Perron, the only Blue that I actually thought was a decent guy. He blushed a little but gave me a small wave in return. He was a cutie, he had potential. He was my rookie last year and we were still friends but I couldn't imagine actually dating him.

I turned to go down the hallway that lead to the stairs and I slammed into someone. Their arms wrapped around me, holding me upright, but my purse tumbled to the ground causing the contents to spill all over. I sighed and bent down, picking up some of my make up, wallet, phone, and other random things. I glance up to the person when I noticed their hand held some of my things in them.

"Thank- oh, never mind." I said, taking in TJ's face.

"Are you always this klutzy? Or is just when I'm around. Aren't Ice Girls supposed to be-"

"You should probably stop talking now." I glared. He just gave me an innocent smile before reaching down and pulling me up. I stood at eye level with him, our hands still clasped together. I tugged on my hand and he let go, taking a step back.

"Well, I see your still feeling a bit bitchy."

"Is that your idea of a casual conversation starter?" I asked, shifting my purse on my shoulder.

"No, just an observation." TJ put his hands in his pockets and rocked back on his heels.

"Huh. Well, in that case I have better places to be than here with you." I muttered.

God, he was so annoying. But cute. I wanted to smack myself the second that crossed my mind. TJ was too annoying for me to think he was cute. He knew how to push all my buttons and I barely even knew him. This was almost unfair. It was like God sent him to me just to piss me off. I just wanted to go Harry Potter on his ass and make him disappear. I walked past him, heading in the direction I had been before I ran into him.

"You look beautiful today." TJ called to my retreating form. I stopped, mid-step and turned back towards him.

"Are you hitting on me?" I glared at him but he just shrugged.

"What if I am?" He countered, he walked towards me, stopping about 10 feet away.

"I'd tell you your dumb and I'm not your type. Even though you keep mistaking me for an Ice Girl, I'm not and I know how you hockey players love to sleep with sluts like that."

"Rena, can I call you that?"

"No." I responded shortly.

"Well, Rena, I'm not like other hockey players. I like brunettes who are real and pretty. It also makes it more interesting if they are feisty like you." He smirked and I gagged at him.

"Your nasty just like the rest of your breed." I snapped, folding my arms across my chest.

"I could change your mind about hockey players." He said, taking a step towards me. I took two steps back. The wall was hovering right behind me and I gulped as TJ kept stepping closer. My back hit the wall as I took another step away from him. He took the distance between us in one more glide forward. I was pressed against the wall, our bodies touching slightly. My heart raced, from fear or excitement, I wasn't sure and I didn't think I wanted to find out.

"I have a boyfriend."

"I can make you forget about him." TJ whispered, kissing my cheek. His hand came up holding my face close to his. I wanted to turn away but he wouldn't let me. His lips came towards mine and I felt myself leaning into him. His lips were a centimeter before mine when he stopped. I wanted to yank his face to mine but I knew that would end up bad. I shook my head slightly, trying to push the thoughts of TJ, besides hatred, out of my head. But then, all thinking was virtually impossible.

TJ's lips pressed against mine, so softly, yet with so much force. It wasn't overpowering like I thought it would be by the way he stood in front of me. No, it was sweet and I kind of, uh, liked it? No, thats a lie. I was immediately addicted to the sensations that were running over and through my body. With just a little kiss, TJ Oshie had me more hot and bothered than my boyfriend had in the past year we had been together. TJ pulled away, his mouth hovering just over mine and just like that I crashed back to reality.

"Fuck you," I pushed at his chest, making him take a couple steps back. I re-arranged my jersey that had been riding up.

TJ smirked and his eyes got a far off look in them. I knew exactly what he was thinking of. Typical guy. "I wouldn't mind that but seriously, girls like you shouldn't say fuck. It gives guys the wrong impression."

I rolled my eyes at him again. "God, I hope you do some girl wrong and she cuts off your dick. Your an asshole."

"Baby, girls are lucky if they get some from me. A lot of girls would tap this." He made a gesture to himself. I snorted out a laugh and looked down the hallway at the clock.

"Yeah the 15 year old virgins who don't know better. I suggest you stay away from that though. Society frowns on fucking minors." I gave him my best I hate you smile before turning on my heel and walking away.

I glared down at the cement floor of the stairs as I walked up them, making my way towards the box. Who did TJ think he was!? Hitting on me and acting like it would be a privilege to fuck him. He was delusional if he though I would ever sleep with him. Puh-lease. And then he had the nerve to kiss me like I was his property. He invaded my space, kissed me, and made me temporarily forget about everything. The saddest part about it all was the fact that I actually enjoyed it.

How could I do that? How could I actually like the way TJ kissed me. The sweetness of the kiss and the softness of his lips had me hypnotized. It was like I couldn't think about anything besides the point of contact and how close he stood to me. He gave me one of the most amazing kisses in my life and It couldn't even be considered a real kiss. This was just a tad bit ridiculous.

By the time I reached the owners box I was both confused and fuming. I couldn't possibly have feelings for TJ after only seeing him twice. That was just bull crap. Plus I had a boyfriend. But he never kissed me like that. It was always overbearing and a lot like I thought a dog would kiss like. I shook my head before I pushed the door open, clearing my thoughts of kisses. The last thing I should be doing right now is comparing my boyfriend and my new enemy.

Once the door cleared my line of vision, I surveyed the crowd. It was full of my dad, some executives and important people, plus Derek and Mel. Mel waved to me from her seat causing Derek to look up at me. He smiled and walked towards where I was standing. I plastered a fake smile on my face, not wanting him to pick up on my emotional turmoil I was going through. I doubt he would anyway though, he wasn't very observant.

"Hey honey," Derek said, leaning down and placing a kiss on my lips. My lips didn't tingle like they had a couple minutes ago though. They just stayed neutral. It was like kissing your hand. I shook my head, pulling away from Derek.

NO THINKING ABOUT TJ!

Derek smiled at me, pulling me into his side. I wrapped my arm around his waist, sighing as TJ finally disappeared when my head met Derek's shoulder. Well, for the moment at least. I noticed he was wearing a Blues jersey. I didn't know he had one, well besides the one that I had gotten made for him but that was white, this one was blue. I leaned away looking at his back. The second my eyes took in the 74 I started screaming.

"OH HELL NO. You are not wearing that jersey. Take it off now." I screeched.

He opened his mouth to argue but I gave him the nastiest glare I could muster, which must have been pretty scary after how pissed I was at TJ. He obliged immediately after taking in how angry I was. He handed me the jersey and I whirled around on my heel, stomping back down stairs, my anger returning after my mellow moment.

I looked through the sea of Blues fans, trying to find the perfect candidate for the nastiness in my hand. I glanced down, noticing the gold 7 had TJ's signature on it. I rolled my eyes. Great, my boyfriend had met the douche. My eyes zoned in on the teenage girl who started screaming when TJ came out onto the ice. I swear to god I thought tears were going to leak from her eyes. I marched over to her, tapping her on the shoulder.

"Hey, I have a present for you." I smiled sweetly, trying to hide the venom that wanted to spew out. The girl looked at me and her eyes widened when she saw the jersey in my hand.

"Oh my god!" She screamed. Her high pitch yelp scared the crap out of me and I jumped in response.

"Um, yeah. Do you want it?" I questioned, but she never answered, she just tore the jersey out of my hands and put it over her body.

"Thank you soooooooo much!" She shrieked, throwing her arms around my shoulders to hug me. I patted her back awkwardly, desperate to get out of here.

"Mhm, no problem," I said.

"Wow, I can't believe you don't want to keep this. TJ is the hottest guy on the team. I'm totally going to marry him some day!" She explained, totally confident in her fantasy.

I just nodded my head, giving her a sympathetic smile, "Yeah, It's just too bad he's gay."

The girls eyes bulged out of her head and her mouth, which I noticed was filled with braces, dropped to the floor. Haha, TJ I was right. I patted her shoulder, "Yeah, that was my response too when I saw him making out with his boyfriend." And with that I turned on my heel and headed back up to the box.

That girl didn't know it, but I just saved her from the certain death TJ Oshie would have handed her. He wasn't for girls with weak hearts. Maybe that was why I hated him so much. Or maybe it was because he pushed all of my buttons. Either way, TJ Oshie was becoming a big pain in the ass, one that I liked, not that I would ever be willing to admit it. But as I settled into my chair next to my boyfriend, I couldn't seem to remove TJ from my mind. Derek grasped my hand in his as we prepared for the opening face off. And as I watched TJ lick his lips from where I was, my lips tingled, giving my a reminder that TJ Oshie was starting to wedge his way into my life, whether I liked it or not.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not to sure about this.. sounded better in my head than it came out.. next chapter is drama filled.. well sort of.. :]
Comments? pertty pleasee?
Thanks to everyone who's left me a comment so far :]