‹ Prequel: Mike's Determination

Joey's Depression

Joey's Depression (the sequel to Mike's Determinat

***
"M... Michelle! Go get help!" Billie Joe directed. Michelle nodded, and jumped up, racing out the door. Everyone was staring at her, because she had just come out of the male toilets. She was standing in the middle of the busy Emergency Room, when she saw a semi-familiar face walking towards her.

"Peter. Peter Stanley," Michelle gasped under her breath, "Oh great."

Peter Stanley was far from your average kid. He was loud, and annoying, not to mention he loved himself like anything. He had blackish hair with honey blonde streaks, was kinda pudgy for his age, but he didn't look too bad. And he loved to flirt with Michelle. And anyone who liked to flirt with Michelle were far from normal. And that's probably why Joey hates him so much.

"Hey babe," He grinned smugly as he came closer, "The school dance is coming up in a week's time, wanna come with me?"

"Gee Peter, thanks for asking but NOW IS NOT THE TIME!" Michelle ushered semi-sarcastically, as her mobile started ringing.

"Who is it, babe?" Peter quizzed dumbly.

"It's Damien," Michelle explained as she put the phone to her ear.

"Hey?" Damien asked from the other line.

"Yup?" Michelle nodded.

Peter watched in wonder as Michelle stayed silent, listening to Damien's words.

"Oh my God," She gasped.

"What?!" Peter exclaimed, showing as much interest as he could handle.

"Sam. He's dead. Sam's dead," Michelle winced.

Peter's jaw dropped, "Oh my Gosh."

"Why are you here?" Michelle questioned.

"I'm here to pick up Alex Michaels. One of his friends broke a leg."

"Oh okay."

"So I better be off."

"Bye."

"Bye."

"Good riddance," Michelle thought, as Peter Stanley waddled away.

***

Peter was walking along one of the many white, ghostly hallways in the hospital when someone pulled him aside. It was Alex Michaels.

"Oh hey," Peter smiled.

"Hey there," Alex responded, "I saw you talking to Michelle. What was that about?"

"Just about the school dance, and the fact that some dude died," Peter reported.
"Ah. The school dance, you say?" He quizzed, suddenly sounding less like an adolescent male, and more like a wise old man.

Peter Stanley nodded, "Well, I'll let you in on a bit of a secret. It just so happens that the group and I are gonna play a little prank on ol' Michelle. We've got it all figured out."

"Well you and your friends better forget about your little prank," Alex announced.

Peter's face suddenly turned from smug to confused, "What do you mean?"

"Because," He began, "At the time of the dance, Michelle won't be there."

Peter gave him a blank facial expression.

"Because at that moment, I'll be doing some feisty business with her in da bed back at my place," Alex grinned.

"You'll be WHAT?!?!" Peter spluttered.

"Having sex with her," Alex druelled, making a half-gurgling noise with his mouth- the type one makes when they are feeling really horny.

"What if... S-she d-doesn't want t-to?" Peter stuttered.

"Then I'll force her," He provided.

"Isn't that like, illegal?" Alex Michaels protested.

Peter shrugged and didn't say anything.

***

"Come on, Michelle!" Billie Joe ushered, while Jason picked at the lock, trying desperately to get it open.

"Here I come!" Michelle cried, bursting through the doors.

"Thank God for that," Jason said quickly.

"So did you get anyone?!" Billie Joe cried.

"I... I... N-no," Michelle stuttered.

"Why not?!" Billie Joe freaked.

"Doesn't matter, coz I've got the cubicle door open!" Jason called heroically, placing his hands on his hips as the cubicle door flung open. And there stood Tre, his pants halfway down his legs, and his penis caught in the toilet paper dispenser.

Billie Joe cringed.

"Ew!" Michelle said quickly, turning away from the sight.

She then plonked herself down next to Joey again, mentally preparing to tell him about Sam.

"Err... Joey? I have something to tell you," Michelle began.

Joey glanced up at her, his facial expression telling her to go on.

"Sam's... Dead... " She ushered, looking down at her crossed legs, not bearing to see Joey's reaction.

"H-how? W-why?" Joey stuttered.

"I don't know! I just got the call from Damien. All he told me was that Sam was dead," Michelle went on.

"B... But h-he can't-t be!" Joey gasped, still not wanting to take the information seriously.

"I don't know and I don't know why but he's DEAD!" She said. They both felt tears prickling at their eyes.

"Things just can't get any worse, can they?! What's gonna happen next?!" Joey exclaimed.

"The hardest thing is yet to come," Michelle sighed, almost breathlessly, "I have to tell Desi."

"Oh, my God. You're right. What's she gonna say?" Joey said shockingly.

"How's she gonna react," Michelle added.

They exchanged worried, helpless glances, not having a clue of what to do.

***

"Mikey's alive!" Bush grinned, as he ran around the hospital. Everyone stopped and stared as he made his way through every ward chanting the phrase, 'Mikey's alive! '

Desi was still in Tre's ward, when Bush ran into it and did his usual routine.

Desi gasped and ran out of the room and towards Mike's.

"Hey Mike!" She grinned, wrapping one of her arms around his shoulders, "Great to see you again."

"Err... Right. Now can someone please tell me what the hell is going on?!" Mike told no one in particular.

"To be honest, I don't know either. But who cares?! You're okay!" She grinned, not letting her grasp on Mike grow any looser.

"What about Tre?! Is he okay?! And how is everyone else? How's Billie Joe? Are Joey and Michelle alright? Mike asked crazily, "And how's your... Dude... Jack or whatever his name is?"

"You mean Sam?"

"Er... Yeah. Whatever."

"Well... I'm sorta having trouble getting through to him."

"Not understanding you, yer mean? Trouble in paradise, eh?"

"No, I mean literally not being able to contact him."

"He on a holiday?"

"No, I just... He won't answer his phone."

"Why can't you just go 'round and visit him?"

"I can't just GO there."

"What? Has he moved houses or something?"

"No... It's just... His brother freaks me out."

"What do you mean, he freaks you out?"

"He looks like a serial killer."

"Is he like, Jason's twin brother or something?"

"What do you mean?"

"Jason reminds ME of a serial killer."

Desi just snorted.

"Why can't you just go to Sam's? I mean, if his brother does turn out to be a serial killer, you've got your own fucking boyfriend there to save you."

"You know, I haven't thought of it that way... I might try it! Thanks!"

"Any time."

Desi walked out of the room, and headed towards the exit.

***

"Oh come on, loosen up, mate. I'm gonna trial this out, and no one can stop me!" Alex told Peter, who was still freaked out about the whole idea.

"No one but Joey. If you're gonna get to Michelle, you're gonna have to fight past Joey first," Peter supplied.

"Bloody hell, Petez. As I said, it's all figured out," Alex whispered coolly, "You see, since now that Sam has died, Desi's as free as Free Willy."

"You know Alex, that doesn't make much sense because... " Peter began, but Alex cut him off.

"I know. As ironic as that statement may seem, it's true. She's got nowhere to go... Except Joey," Alex summed, standing back and folding his arms with satisfaction.

"Desi... And... Joey? You don't actually think that... " Peter again tried to state, but once again. Alex cut in, not with words, but a knowledgeable nod.