I Never Told a Lie, and That Makes Me a Liar

Nine : The Mess

Amber’s POV

“A group home!” I was about to shove Sarah through the car door.

“Look. It’s just for a little bit. I need to get myself back on track. Your mom said she can’t keep you.” She said looking down.
“Of course..” I mumbled.

“Trust me. Everything is great here!” She smiled.

“Sarah. It’s a fucking group home!” I yelled, in disbelief that I was going to live there.

“Look. Please. Everything is going to be good. I think we are move up around the upper part of town.” She smiled.

“Yeah, so you can be with your stupid boyfriend.” I rolled my eyes.

“I guess we’ll go back to your house, so I can get my stuff.” I was so pissed off.

“Oh. You don’t have to leave tonight. The Jonas’ and Alex and some other people are coming over.” Sarah smiled, starting to drive back home.

“Oh then, definitely I’m leaving tonight.” I bit my lip and turned up the song that was currently playing on the radio.

We got back to the house.

I grabbed two large trash bags, went upstairs and shoved everything in.

About 10 minutes later, I walked down the stairs with the bags.

“How can you be done already?!” Sarah looked at me as if I had three heads.

“Let’s go.” I demanded.

“What’s the rush?” She stopped me.

“I need to get use to it.” I lied, the reason was because I knew Sarah didn’t want me anymore.

“Whatever.” Sarah said and we drove to the group home.

***
We walked into the group home and I got everything situated.

My room wall’s were white but whatever.

Everything was plain and this place reminded me more of a nut house.

I gave Sarah a hug as she left.

After walking Sarah out, I walked back.

This place is creepy…

There were no doors and I had only one window and had to share a bathroom with these losers.

I laid on my bed.

Suddenly, some chick walked in and stared at me.

“Hi…I’m Valerie.” She droned, her voice was so low.

“Hi. I’m Amber.” I looked at her, trying to ignore her.

“I’m your roommate.” She slurred and sat on the bed that I didn’t notice.

“Roommate?” I looked at her.

“Yeah.” She continued to drone her words.

You got to be kidding me!

I rolled my eyes.

“Well don’t touch my stuff. Kay?” I looked down and grabbed one of the books I was reading.
“I love your hair. Can I touch it?” Valerie smiled, looking like a weirdo.

“Uh. No.” I said and walked out the room.

She’s creepy.

I walked down the hall and landed into what I think was the cafeteria.

Only a group of guys were there so I decided to get some nasty looking food and sit down with them.

As I sat down next to this guy who was kinda ugly, everyone stared at me.

“You are?” One of the guys looked me.

“Amber.” I said blandly and ate a french-fry.

“What are you doing?” He asked.

“Eating.” I responded.

I looked up, meeting his eyes.

He kept staring at me.

“Can I… help you?” I said, and the rest of the groups started laughing.

“Look. Your new. So, I’ll let that slide. This is my place. So, back off.” He smiled.

“And you are?” I stood up as he did the same.

“Jake. Jake Reed, and I’m the only one who’s boss here.” He barked.

“Well you know what, Jake reed.” I smiled and then picked up my fries (with ketchup and gravy) and threw it on his white shirt.

“Now you’re the only who looks like shit.” I smiled and walked out of the cafeteria.

Image
Valerie

Image
Jake Reed
♠ ♠ ♠
You know what to do. :)