While You're Still Around

Surprise!

Another three years drug by painfully slow, and much had changed. Then again, things are constantly changing, no matter the time span.

For instance, I got a promotion at Jimmy's and I'm now the manager, so pay is quite nice. Nothing fantastic, but it's better than the crappy salary they had been giving me. I could actually pay bills and buy groceries without having to worry about it.

And Katy turned five, and just started kindergarden a few weeks ago. She seems to like it, seeing as she tells me the tale of her exciting day every time she climbs into the car in the afternoon.

Oh, and another thing: Holly is now married. To Jared, who is still my co-worker. Yes, I introduced the two about a year ago, they began dating, and got married just three months ago. I feel like a third wheel at times, when they come over or we all go out and they're groping at each other, tongues down throats, but I have to slap on a smile and be happy for them.

I still talk to Nat and Jenna sometimes. They even visited me about a year and a half ago.

For some reason Sean didn't. Yet I was fine with that---I was erasing him from my life after all.

This time it was my turn to visit him. Yes, today I was flying out to California to visit Nat and Jenna, and Nat and Jenna only. They knew I didn't want to see Sean. Actually, I wasn't even sure if he lived in California. To me, he might as well of disappeared from the face of the earth.

I dropped Katy off at Holly and Jared's before driving to the airport, the trunk holding my packed suitcase.

I fell asleep during the plane ride, but was awoken by a flight attend just after we had landed. I threw her a 'thank you' and a warm, yet awkward, smile and exited the plane.

After collecting my one and only bag, I scanned the crowd for the two familiar faces, but failed to find them.

That is, until I heard a high pitched squeal of "Melody!"

I spun around to see Jenna running towards me, arms wide, wearing a broad grin. She wore a strappy pink tank top and let the red satin she called hair, lay on her chest.

"Jen!" I yelled back at her, and we exchanged a bone crushing hug.

"Damn," she said. "It's been like a year and a half!"

"Oh, I know! I missed you guys!"

"Nat has been going on about you all morning!"

"Really?" I laughed. "Where is the fartknocker?"

"Hey!" I heard a shout behind me. "Up yours, Sanders!"

Ah, good old Nat.

"Nat!" I screamed, lunging at him next. "I missed you!"

"I missed you too! So much!" he suffocated me in return.

I giggled and he took my bag from my grasp, the heavy weight suddenly gone.

Next we drove to their house, I had coffee and a shower and then I headed off to bed. Nat sat on the edge of my bed, and tucked me in, pretending to be my mother.

"Get some rest," he said. "I'll have a surprise for you in the morning."

"A surprise?" I shot up excitedly. "What is it?"

"Hmm, that wouldn't be giving it away at all," he answered sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes and lay back down.

"Night Mel," he laughed.

"Night Nat. Love you."

"Love you too."

I was tossing and turning that night, Nat's words engraved in my mind, never letting me close my eyes: "I'll have a surprise for you in the morning."

I haven't had a surprise in years. I can't remember my last.

Maybe I'm making a big deal out of this...

Hell, it could be a slice of cake or something, knowing Nat. He knows that alone excites me.

But then again, maybe it really is important...

I finally fell asleep at what I thought was four thirty in the morning. I awoke at ten, to the golden sun pouring in through the blinds. I smiled to myself and stumbled to the window.

I could feel the twinkle in my eye, and after establishing it was a gorgeous day, I went to rinse my face with a splash of water to really jolt me.

The tap water from the bathroom was cold against my cheeks, making me feel alert. As my hands grasped the towel, I heard a "Nat?" coming from the living room.

I furrowed my brows and listened some more.

"Nat? Dude?"

The next sentence was a mumble, but I heard it clearly. "Don't invite me over if you're not home."

I found immediately that this person speaking was talking to himself, and I knew just who that person was.

As I slowly tip toed to the kitchen, I saw just a back of a person, but still saw the familiar figure and same sandy blonde hair.

"Sean," I whispered.

I felt my heart race and my palms begin to sweat. It had been three years, and yet here we are.

"Melody?" he spun around, his eyes huge in confusion and denial that it was actually me. "No fuckin way."

I nodded and gulped past the lump in my throat, the warning that told me tears were coming.

"Wh-What are you doing here?" he stuttered.

"Visiting Nat."

God, my voice was so small and pathetic.

"What about you?" I asked in return, clueless of any other topic.

"Nat told me to come over, but he’s not even here. He said he had a surprise."

"You're my surprise?" I breathed.

"Depends... Are you mine?"

"Depends," I echoed.

"On what?"

It was then that the silent tear finally broke through its barrier and down my cheek. "Why you left."

He stared down at the floor with a sigh, quite ashamed of himself. "Oh God, Melody, I don't know. I really don't."

"Well until you find out, I don't wanna talk to you." I crossed my arms angrily and headed for the front door. Where I was going I didn't know. I just couldn't speak to him. Not when he wasn't going to budge.

"Melody!" he called, grabbing my arm.

I felt the same damn spark.

"Please no," he said.

"'Please no'?" I quoted venomously. "You think a 'Please No' is all it takes? You think that'll actually make me stay?!"

"Okay..." he looked down at the floor and back up at me, a certain gleam in his eye. "What if I said 'I love you'?"

That wasn't a friendly 'I love you' either. I could just tell. He meant the romantic-make-out-let's-get-married love.

I froze right then and there, my jaw dropped and my eyes glued to his. “What if I said ‘I didn’t believe you’?”

“Then I would just have to prove it you.”

He looked so serious, sincere even, so I responded with, “So do it. Prove me wrong.”

With that demand, he leaned in and ever so gently touched his lips to mine. I gasped immediately, wrapping my arms around his neck, letting him pull me closer.

That was enough proof for me.

He pulled away. “I really do love you,” he whispered.

“The funny thing is,” I chuckled, breathing in his ear. “Is that I love you too.”

“Really?” he grinned.

I nodded and kissed his neck, something I had wanted to do for so long.

“I’m sorry for leaving. I swear I am, Melody.”

“I forgive you. Just as long as it never happens again.” I smirked and he pressed his lips to mine yet again.

“Never again,” he repeated, raising his hand. “Scout’s honor.”

“Okay,” I said. “As long as we’re confessing... I have something to tell you....”

He nodded to let me proceed.

“You have a daughter, Sean.” I spit it out so fast; I had no time to even think it out properly.

His eyes were still huge though, and his jaw was dropped as he squeezed my hand. “I what?”

“You remember Katy right?” A tear found my eye. “She’s your daughter...”

“No fuckin way,” he whispered.

Wow, the second time today.

I nodded, more tears following the first.

He shook his head. “No.”

I nodded yet again, never taking my arms from his neck. “Vegas, Sean. Remember now?”

He blinked as if everything had clicked, and I was sure he was replaying the scenes in his head. “We were married,” he whispered. “And we....”

“That means Katy is yours,” I took over for him.

To my surprise, he grinned slowly, but it was broad. He then leaned forward and kissed me hard. “I have a daughter?”

“Yes,” I laughed softly.

“Oh my God... This is so... Oh my God,” he kept trailing off, still smiling.

I laughed again.

“I’m coming home with you,” he decided, staring deep down in my eyes.

I gasped, “You are? Really?”

He nodded and pushed my hair back behind my shoulder. “Of course, sweetie.”

I hugged him my hardest, the grin finally exploding. “Oh my God! This is so great!”

He laughed and kissed me, “The greatest.”

And now, I could ask for nothing more and I know Katy could neither.

Sean and I married just five months later, complete with wedding dress, tuxedo and everything. It wasn’t Vegas style this time. We had friends and family there, and Nat obviously.

Though the three of us never spent much time together, we would always and forever be the three amigos.

I wear the locket everyday, just like I did in high school. When Sean leaves to go on tour, or if I hadn’t visited Nat in a while, I simply look down at my locket and feel better.

After Holly turned seven, we had another child. It was a boy by the name of Matt. After having him, our family was complete.

Oh, and another thing! I finally went back to school to study photography. I quit my job at Jimmy’s, for one that’s even better---I am now 3OH! 3’s personal photographer, something that I do on the sidelines.

And yes, 3OH!3 is still going strong.

The best part of life is knowing Sean’s around.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, there was a screw up in the last chapter. I accidentally called Katy Holly once... You probably caught it, haha.

Well, that was the end. What d'ya think? Tell me! :)

I'll be starting Frank tomorrow, but idk if it'll be posted or not.