Restrictions

Chapter One

“Riley Shea Lucas! Get that makeup off your face and the hair out of your eyes!” I head Sophia screech as I entered the house.
This was the routine after I came home from school. My bangs would always be in my face and I’d have eyeliner on.

Sophia hated me wearing make up and always made me wear skirts and dresses. Not the flattering skirts that come above the knees and show some leg. The kind of skirts old women wore. Like her.
“Yes, ma’am.” I said politely as I walked past her.
“Girls these days. Painting their faces then hiding them with hair. What’s wrong with them.” I could hear he scoff as I entered the bathroom.
I thought I looked rather gorgeous as I admired my ivory face. The eyeliner, in my view, made me cuter.
Sighing I ran water on a rag and washed the eyeliner off.

I wish she would just let me wear what I want.

I looked down at the dark brown skirt in disgust.
Sophia always picked out my outfits every night. Then I would have to wear them.
I never liked the outfits she picked out.
I hated everything she bought me.
I wanted to rip them all up and throw them out the window.
Luckily, my friend Melanie had taken me shopping with her once and bought me some clothes I liked.

I was going to get out of this house,
away from Sophia.
I didn’t want her to be running my entire life for me.
she wasn’t going to be running my life for me!
♠ ♠ ♠
just got this idea after watching a music video.
hope you like it
comments please!

<3