Restrictions

Chapter Ten

“I told you.” I glared at Tom as we sat in the waiting room of the emergency room.
Mason had his head rested on my shoulder as he tried not to let on that he was crying.
Tom was sitting on the other side of me a few seats away. He was making sure he was far enough away that I couldn’t hit him.
“I didn’t mean to!” He whispered looking apologetic.
“I told you that you would end up breaking his arm! You should have just dropped it!” I wasn’t whispering then the receptionist sh’d me. I sent hear a glared then looked away to Mason.
“How bad does your arm hurt?”
“From one to ten?”
“Yea.”
“Eight.”
“I’m sorry. Tom’s just an asshole. You know you shouldn’t have agreed to wrestle with him.”
“I know, I wont next time.”
“Good boy.”

“Mason Lucas?” A woman walked out looking around the waiting room.
“Yes.” He looked over at her. His eyes widened a bit then he immediately dried his face.
“Come with me so I can take your X-ray.” She smiled.
“O-ok.” He stood up, but I grabbed the back of his shirt. He looked at me.
“Remember, you have a girlfriend, and that woman is too old for you.”
“I know, I know.” He rolled his eyes as he walked over to the woman then disappeared behind the doors.
“Not too old for me.” I heard Tom mumble.
“Don’t even think about it. You’re in trouble as it is.”
“Whatever.” He rolled his eyes so did I.

“Riley?” I looked up to the door, there stood the woman who had gotten Mason.
“Yes?”
“Mason said that you are his guardian and the doctor would like to talk to you about his arm.” I nodded then stood. I walked to the door then followed her to where Mason sat on a bed with the doctor next to him on a stool, holding his arm turning it.
“Ow.” Mason grumbled.
“Did it hurt when I turned it that way?”
“Yes.”
“How about this way, does it hurt more or less?” The doctor spoke as he turned his wrist the other way.
“It hurts worse that way.”
I sat next to Mason as Dr. Roax, I read on his name tag, let go of masons arm.
“He seems to have a buckle fracture.” Dr. Roax look at me as he spoke. He explained what a buckle fracture was and that Mason should wear a splint for six weeks. Then come back and let him take another X-ray.
“Okay, thank you. We’ll be back in a few weeks.” I smiled somewhat as Mason played with the Velcro on his new splint.
“Good day, Ms. Lucas.” He smiled back as we walked back into the waiting room. Tom stood up as we walked toward the exit.
“How’s his arm?” Tom asked as we three got in the Audi.
“He has a buckle fracture.”
“Oh. Sorry Mason.” Tom looked in the mirror at him.
“Whatever.”
Tom sighed as he turned the key.
“No more wrestling.”
“Agreed.” Mason and Tom stated simultaneously.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter ten!
enjoy. :]
comment/subscribe

<3