Restrictions

Chapter Twelve

I got a call from Mason at school saying that he was sick and needed someone to come pick him up.
When I got his call I was at the studio, so he obviously knew that I was going to be working today while they were away.
“Yeah, I’ll be there in a few minutes. Be ready to leave.”
“Okay, thanks.”
“Mhm.”
“Bye, Tom.”
“See ya.” I placed my phone back in my pocket,
I was wondering why he called me instead f Bill.
I mean he gets along better with Bill than me.
“Tell Bill I’ll be back in a little bit.” I said to Georg because Bill was doing the vocals at the moment.
“Okay, where are you going?”
“I have to go pick up Mason. He’s sick and wants to leave school.”
“You know you have to be on his emergency card to be able to pick him up.”
“I know, but Riley already said she put Bill and me on it a few days ago.”
“Alright, I’ll tell him.” Georg laughed a little. “This actually sounds like you have your own kid.”
“Shut up. I don’t have any kids.”
“That you know of.”
I rolled my eyes laughing as I got up and left the studio.

I entered the school heading for the office.
It was awkward walking into a high school, after being away from one a while.
As I walked into the office I saw Mason sitting next to the secretary’s desk with his face in his knees.
He must have been really sick. I signed Mason out, Georg was right. This was like I had a kid.
Picking up Mason’s back pack I tapped him on the shoulder.
He looked up at me and I was shocked to see that there were tears sliding down his cheeks. I think there was more than him being sick.
We walked out of the school. I was wanting to know what was up with him, but I didn’t want to seem nosey.
So I took him home and called David saying that Mason was really sick and I wasn’t going to be able to come back to the studio today.
Mason went out to the balcony and I stood next to the sliding glass door watching him, trying to figure out what was wrong.
I watched as he sat there looking off at nothing then broke down crying. I had what seemed to be a flashback of when Bill and I were still is school and he got bullied for how he looked. It was just like that and the time he told me the only secret he kept from me.

I walked out onto the balcony and set next to Mason at the table.
“What’s up?”
“Nothing.” He kept his face hid in his knees.
“Is someone bullying you at school?” I asked looking off at the sky.
“No…it’s nothing…”
“People can’t cry about nothing, Mason. You can tell me. It’s not like I’m going to scream it at the world.” I was telling the truth. If he wanted me to keep a secret I would. I wanted to be friends with him, but we got off on the wrong foot with me breaking his arm and all.
“You’d hate me like Riley does.”
What could be so bad that Riley would hate him?
“I doubt she hates you. I won’t hate you whatever it is.”
There were a few minutes before he finally looked over at me teary eyed. “I was making out with someone and it wasn’t my girlfriend…” He trailed off.
“That’s not so bad, it’s not like you slept with the girl.”
“…I wasn’t making out with a girl.”
I made an ‘o’ with my lips at that.
“Now Riley hates me because I basically cheated o my girlfriend with another boy…” He sniffed wiping his face with his sleeve. “I was going to break up with her anyway. I mean she just doesn’t turn me on like Alex does and he doesn’t even know if he’s really into guys.”
“I’m sorry, Mason.” I really was sorry for him. “I’ve went through a conversation like this before.”
“Really?” I nodded. “With who?”
“My brother, he was confused when we were in high school.”
“Bill?”
I nodded as I spoke. “He was confused to why he was turned on by both girls and guys.”
“He’s bi?”
“Yes, so it’s fine to like the same sex. It’s not like you chose it. It’s just how you are.”
“Do you like guys?” Mason was using a joking tone.
“Nah, I like tits too much. I’ll talk to Riley later and see why she’s mad about you liking guys. You don’t need to worry about that.” I ruffled his hair smiling
“Thank you, Tom.” He smiled a little bit.
“Anytime, Mason. If anyone at school gives you shit about liking guys come tell me.”
“Okay…”
“So, you wanna get out of the house and go get some ice cream or something?” I asked wanting to be nice and get his mind off things.
“Sure, but don’t you have to go back to work?”
“Nope, I told David I had to take care of you.”
“You did? Why didn’t you just go back to work?”
“I saw you were upset and I didn’t think it was just because you’re sick so I thought I’d talk to you and see what was up. I can be nosey.” I shrugged standing up. “Let’s go get some ice cream.”
He nodded and stood. I put my hand on his shoulder as we walked back into the apartment.
“It’ll all work out.” I reassured him.
“Thanks.” He smiled more.
I was happy that he actually wanted to talk about his problems with me…and I still feel like I have a kid…
I need to hurt Georg later.
♠ ♠ ♠
second chapter today! WOOH!
here's chapter thirteen
enjoy!
comment/subscribe

<3