‹ Prequel: Full Moon
Sequel: Starless Night

Black Sun

Some Lady In The Woods Tells Me What I Am

Hunger, that is what I have been feeling since Emmett turned me into a vampire three months ago, a hunger that nothing could satisfy, sure blood could but not for long. I was running through the woods of Forks, it always felt like the first time, each time I ran through these woods. I could smell what I was after in the air, it was intoxicating, it's like nothing you mere mortals could ever imaging, the scent of a human for a vampire, it's like a drug. I ran through the limbs of these trees to dast for them to even touch me, I loved being more powerful then anything now, it was amazing. The woods gave out and my bare feet hit the sand of La Push beach, where the human I was after was sitting there with a group of friend, I slowed my pace to one of a human( I hated this) and walked up to the laughing group of teenagers, they had no idea what was about to happen to them. The boy looked up from his friend and looked at me with a look of fear on his face, that's when I knew it was time to attack. I pulled the water gun I had placed in the back of my jeans and squirted Mike, he pulled out the one he had and soon we were all having a water gun fight, that lasted almost two hours, we kept running to the ocean to fill up our guns. They collapsed by the bonfire, I had to remind myself to breathe, something I havent done in a while and only did it around my friends, I didn't know if I was ever going to tell Mike that I was a vampire or the others for that matter.

"I love the smell of spring" said Angela lying her head on Erik's shoulder, he smiled. I sniffed the air, I could smell everything about Spring, somehow I could even smell the scent of the leaves growing on the trees.

"Me too" I said with a smile.

"So are you finally coming back to school? YOu haven't been there in three months" said Mike with a stern look.

"Yes, I am coming back Monday. I just havent been feeling well" I lied, the real reason was I was too scared to return to school, for the fear I was going to attack and kill some of them.

"We miss you" said Angela with a smile, I smiled back, it was good having friends.

"So where's Jacob at?" asked Mike looking around.

"Jacob is at the house, he wanted to come but he had homework" I said with a frown, I missed my baby, we had been going strong for three months, there was something amazing about us both being immortal creatures, not to mention the animalistic sex we had.

"It's getting late, I promised my mom I would be home before nine" said Erik as we all got off the logs we were sitting on, we said our goodbyes and I waited til they were out of sight before I began running through the woods, I couldn't wait to get home to Jacob, I was in desire need of, my body fell back against the hard ground, I had run into something, that was odd, I had never run into anything before. I got off the ground and looked around to see that there was nothing in front of me to run into, I looked around to see a lady standing beside a tree, she was beautiful with long, curly blonde hair and wearing a white dress.

"What happened? Who are you?" I asked, the lady smiled a beautiful smile at me.

"All in good time, Zeek. I had to stop you, we need to talk" she said, I looked at her confused, "you are an abomination to the vampire world"

"What do you mean? Because I am with Jacob?"

"No, not that. Our leaders don't care about that, but we do care about the new vampire in our mists. One that has a special gift, one that is hidden from our various ways of discovering it"

"What do you mean?" I asked, she shook her head.

"None of us are sure about you, you are going to be a powerful vampire, you are a powerful vampire. Something in your genetics makes you different, powerful" she said eyeing me oddly.

"I don't understand"

"Neither do I, but we are going to figure it out, Zeek. We will be watching you" said the lady as she dissapeared. I just stood in the woods, looking at where the lady was standing moments before, my mind confused, what did she mean that I was an abomination and being the most powerful vampire.