‹ Prequel: Full Moon
Sequel: Starless Night

Black Sun

The Plan

When Jacob and I entered Sam's house, everyone was there like always, I watched as Paul snarled at us, it made me for a second not want to talk to him but I knew this was something I must do and something the queen wanted me to do.

"Jacob, Zeek is everything ok?" asked Sam in a business tone.

"Yes, everything is fine. I met with the vampire queen, they are going to help us defeat the Cullens'" I said, Sam smiled.

"That is excellent, Jacob we are going to have a pack meeting now about our plans." said Sam, Jacob nodded, kissed my cheek before he walked to the table.

"Paul, can I talk to you outside?" I asked, Paul eyed me curiously.

"Why? We are going to have a pack meeting, I should stay at the meeting" said Paul in a snarling tone.

"It's really important" I said, Sam eyed him and Paul got out of his chair and brushed past me out the door. I followed him and motioned for him to follow me to an empty vehicle outside, I knew we needed privacy for this, he followed me and got in the passenger seat, it was then I noticed Paul didn't smell like the others.

"What do you want?" asked Paul rolling his eyes.

"I know" I said, Paul eyed me curiously.

"What is it you know?"

"Why you hate Jacob, why you detest me. You don't like Jacob is beta do you?" I asked, Paul scoffed.

"I don't like it, he doesnt use it wisely. He just uses it to get something" said Paul staring out the window.

"Like me" I said as Paul looked at me raising a brow.

"What are you talking about?"

"You imprinted on me, but Jacob got me because he is beta" I said, Paul looked at me shocked, but then tried to cover it up.

"You don't know what you are talking about"

"If Jacob died instead of me getting turned into a vampire, you would have been there for me. You kept me warm on La Push beach, you even kissed me" I said, Paul looked odd for a moment.

"Well, Jacob is alive and you love him. What's the point, what did you want to say to me. To push your love in my face?" asked Paul angrily.

"To talk, to tell you I understand, to be friends" I said, Paul shook his head.

"Sitting in this car with you right now, hurts too much. When I look at you it hurts, I don't think we can ever be friends" said Paul as he exited the car and didn't even look back at me. I opened the door and got out of the vehicle, knowing I really screwed that up big time, and I made a decision to not tell Jacob what I talked to Paul about, it was Paul decision to come out and I wasn't going to make it for him. Paul turned around at me when I caught up with him, I could see the tears in his eyes.

"Do you want me to not be around you anymore?" I asked, Paul looked at me and then shook his head.

"That would hurt even more, probably. Please don't tell Jacob any of this, I don't want him or anyone to know" said Paul, I nodded.

"I would never do that to you"

"Can I take you out to dinner?" asked Paul, the tears still shining in his eyes from the sunlight, I didn't know what to do or say.

"As friends?"

"Yes, as friends" said Paul, like he didn't want to, Jacob and the others walked outside at that moment.

"Here's the plan, two wolves will watch a night, to see if any vampire crosses the borders into La Push or Forks. Tomorrow night is me and Jacob, Paul you will stay with Zeek at Jacob's. We are not going to leave him alone" said Sam, it was like the hands of fate were running in Paul's favor but slapping me.

"Alright" said Paul with a sigh. After we said bye to everyone, Jacob and I walked back to his place.

"What did you have to talk to Paul about?" asked Jacob, I knew I had to lie to him and I didn't want to.

"Just a part he is going to play in the future, I can't tell anyone else, queen's orders" I lied, Jacob nodded.

"Wow, Paul the guy who hates us plays a big part in the future. Isn't that cute" said Jacob sarcastically.

"Jacob, you love me right. Even if you didn't imprint on me?"

"Yes, why would you even ask that? Are you thinking about the glimpse of the future you saw without me in it?" asked Jacob stopping to look at me.

"Yeah, I just even being a vampire now. I am not strong as I like to think I am, I just losing you would hurt me more than you know" I said Jacob cupped my face.

"You are not going to lose me, ever" said Jacob as he kissed my lips gently.

"I hope not" I said kissing him once more on the lips. In my body, I knew things were going to change here soon, everything was going to change.

To Be Continued