‹ Prequel: Full Moon
Sequel: Starless Night

Black Sun

People Look At Me Differently

I threw the lifeless body of the racoon that I had been feeding on, it was the only thing I could find in the woods tonight, some of the animals had gone or hidden since Emmett and I have been roaming the woods at night killing any animal we could find, I know your thinking this is horrible, but it's either a sneaky racoon or a person, which would you rather me kill? I licked the extra blood from my lips, who knew blood could taste so fucking amazing. I walked away from the spot in the woods and walked back towards Jacob's house, or maybe I should call it our house since I had no intention of ever leaving and Billy knew that as well, I remember the night that we had told Billy what I have become like it was yesterday.

I was sitting on the sofa,nervously I might add, as Billy rolled into the living room. Jacob was eating(like always) while he sat next to me. Billy knew something was up, he gave me a strange look, like he already knew what we were going to tell him but didn't let on.

"So what do you both need to talk to me about?" asked Billy, Jacob put down the box of cheese crackers.

"It's about, Zeek, well it's about us" said Jacob seriously, Billy raised his brow.

"Jacob, I already know that you inprinted on him, could their possibly be more?" asked Billy, I sighed.

"Well, yeah, you see Zeek is now, a.." started Jacob, but I needed to say it, I hadn't said what I was outload but once.

"Vampire, I am a vampire, sir" I said as Billy looked at me like he was studying everything about me.

"Marble skin, not breathing, and amber eyes. Yep, I say that you are a vampire" said Billy, like it was the most normal thing ever to him, I guess I shouldn't be surprised, his son was a shapeshifter, "this is going to be very strange, the Elders of the tribe wouldn't like one of their ancestors with a 'Cold One' but oh well, it's fine with me"

"Awesome dad thanks" said Jacob as Billy smiled and rolled out the room.


Thinking back on that night, it was also the night that we had broken the bed, good times. I walked in the house to find Jacob asleep on the sofa, Billy still wouldn't let us sleep in the same bed or room for that matter. I gently kissed his forhead and I walked into the bedroom and laid on the bed and looked out the window. It was weird not having to sleep anymore, it was like my day never ended it just continued on and on, if that makes any sense at all. I stared at the window until the sun broke through the clouds and Jacob's alarm clock sounded, it was Monday, and I was going back to school. I slipped on some jeans and a short-sleeved shirts, I walked into the den where Jacob was reluctantly getting off the sofa, he hated mornings. I smiled at him and he smiled back, I walked over to him where he placed a deep kiss on my lips, one that on other days would have led to him taking me over the sofa, but we didn't have enough time for that today. Jacob drove me to school to keep up appearences, It was another rainy day in Forks, which I was thankful for, I didn't want to do whatever it was we did in the sun, Emmett hadn't told me that much. I kissed Jacob quickly before I got out and walked into the school, as I walked through the hallway, people seemed to look at me, it was weird. The girls were gawking at me with smiles on their faces, and so where some of the guys. I didn't look at anyone else, I just walked into English class and sat down in the desk had sat at since the beginning of my school year here. I looked over at the desk that was once occupied by Jasper, the one Cullen that I hated the most.

"You did come back" Emmett said, I looked up at him and smiled.

"Told you I was, it's kind of weird, people were gawking at me" I said, Emmett smiled.

"It's because you're hot, and being a you know makes you hotter, know one really knows why"

"I guess that explains why there are never any ugly ones roaming around"

"I guess so" I said as I looked out the window where a man in a black suit was standing beside an oak tree, he had a cell phone to his ear and was talking into it, "Look at the guy at the tree"

"What guy?" asked Emmett, I blinked and the guy was gone.

"There was a guy there, Emmett, what do they want with me?" I asked with a sigh.

"I don't know, but I am going to figure out don't worry" said Emmett, but the thing was, I was worried. I didn't like strange people talkign to me in woods or watching me as I sat in class, I wanted to know what was so fucking special about me and I wanted to know now.