‹ Prequel: Full Moon
Sequel: Starless Night

Black Sun

I Just Can't Wait To Not Be King

I ran in the night air, until I reached the door to the white house that I had been to for the first time a few months ago, the house that was once occupied by evil vampires and was now only had one inhabitant, Emmett, who opened the door before I even knocked.

"Zeek, is something wrong?" asked Emmett, ushering me inside the beautiful home.

"That's the understatement of the century" I said as I sat down on the sofa, "some human kid, that was with the the Clan talked to me in the woods today after school"

"They really do have humans working for them, I had heard but wasn't sure. They have humans with special powers, like psychics, did he have one?"

"He showed me something, he said it was the future and that me becoming a vampire had changed their future"

"Not good, what did you see in this vision?" asked Emmett eyeing me curiously.

"I was dancing with a masked man and I was thinking him for saving my kingdom and he called me king. The Clan boy told me I was to become the vampire king" I said, Emmett eyes grew three sizes.

"Zeek, you are the future vampire king?"

"Thats what the vision showed me, I don't want to be the vampire king"

"Zeek, let's look at the bigger picture here, if you are in line to be the vampire king means all the Clan dies and you are special enough to rule over all the vampires" said Emmett, I shook my head.

"Emmett, no, I don't, I couldn't do that" I said, Emmett eyed me curiously.

"What is really bothering you about what you saw?"

"I don't want to talk about it"

"Who were you dancing with in the vision?" asked Emmett, I stood up, I needed to get out of here, I started to walk towards the door when Emmett grabbed my wrist, "it wasn't Jacob was it? was it me?"

"No, it wasn't you, least I don't think so, they were masked. I need to go" I said, I pulled my wrist from Emmett.

"Just because you didn't see Jacob in the vision doesn't mean he dies"

"But It doesn't mean he lives either"

"Zeek, I am going to figure out why the Clan is after you for real, and what your special power is, don't worry"

"Worrying is all I can do" I said as I walked out the door, I didn't run back to Jacob's like I wanted to do, instead I walked at a human's pace, my mind, once again had a million things on it. When I finally reached Jacob's house, he was asleep on the couch, I didn't kiss his forehead like I would have normally done, I just walked to the room and laid on the bed. The door clicked opened, I looked over to see Jacob enter rubbin his eyes.

"You're home, how was Emmett?" asked Jacob as he walked over to the bed and laid done beside me, I put my head on his chest.

"He was fine, he is going to figure out stuff and then let us know. He thinks me becoming the king of vampires is cool" i said rolling my eyes, Jacob played with my hair.

"It does sound cool, I just don't like the face the Clan is watching you, it makes me nervous"

"Makes me nervous too, Jacob I just feel different. I can fit in being with my friends at school and hide the face that I want their blood, but when I can't fit in with vampires, that makes me feel odd" I said, Jacob pulled my head to look at him.

"You're not odd, your special, and I have always seen that when I look at you" said Jacob as he kissed my lips gently and filled with passion.

"Then why can't you say you love me?"

"I just, I have never said it to anyone, not even my family. It's a hard word for me to say, I promise one day I will say it"

"I will see that you keep that promise"

"I wish we could stay like this always, me holding you all night long." said Jacob, I kissed his abs.

"Me too,Jacob" I said as soft snores came from his mouth, I didn't want him to get in trouble, I gently got off the bed and went into the living room and laid on the couch, waiting for the sun to rise on another day in my neverending life.