‹ Prequel: Full Moon
Sequel: Starless Night

Black Sun

Someone From My Past Finds Me

When Emmett didn't answer the door when we knocked, we walked on inside. When we walked in, Emmett was sitting on the sofa reading a book, while others were strown all over the floor and beside him on the sofa.

"Um, Emmett" I said, he looked up from the book, he raised his brow.

"Don't you knock?" Emmett asked, but he looked more to Jacob then me.

"We did, and you didn't answer. What are you doing?" I asked, he looked at the books.

"I am reading, trying to find out more about the Clan" said Emmett, I noticed some of the books where handwritten journals, but I didn't know by whom.

"We know, Zeek's power, we just discovered it" said Jacob, Emmett looked happy.

"What is it?" asked Emmett, I looked at him and decided to try it out.

"You're shirt is filled with fire ants" I said, Emmett looked at me oddly, I didn't think it was going to work, but then Emmett began to scratch, I laughed, I knew it was just a mirage to him, but when he took off the shirt , ants scuttled out of it. This was not how it was suppose to go, "They are dead"

"What the fuck was that?!" asked Emmett, angrily.

"I thought my power was to make people believe what ever I say, but I can make it happen to" I said, Emmett raised his brow.

"You think, no wonder the Clan wants you. You have a big power, if you can make stuff happen and like you say make people believe what you say, the Clan would need that" said Emmett, as he picked up a book.

"Why though, what would the Clan want with that power?" asked Jacob, Emmett eyed him like he was stupid.

"Zeek, could make humans accept vampires, something the Clan has been working on for centuries, Zeek would just have to tell the humans thats its normal and accept it, plus if Zeek became evil look at what he could do" said Emmett, I didn't even think like that, I could make people do whatever I wanted to, make things happen to them.

"My power didn't work on Jacob, though" I said, Emmett shook his head.

"It wouldn't, there's a block between the two of you, because of the whole imprinting thing, You can't make people you love do things they don't want to do" said Emmett, a frown quickly showed on his face, but he shook it off.

"But I love you too, Emmett, you're my friend" I said, Emmett shrugged.

"Different kind of love, Zeek" said Emmett as he began to read again.

"You need to come over tomorrow, we are going to have a picnic" I said, Jacob cut me a look, I smiled.

"A picnic? Zeek we don't eat potato salad" Emmett said, not looking up from his book.

"Yeah, but Jacob does and Seth. Plus, you and I can go hunting after" I said, Jacob smiled, he knew what I was getting at.

"Ok, I will be there" said Emmett, looking up quickly from his book and then back down at it.

"Later" I said as we walked out of the door, Jacob grabbed my hand.

"So you're doing the matchmaking thing now?" asked Jacob with a smile, I nodded.

"Why not, if Seth and Emmett get together, won't we both be happy?" I suggested.

"Yeah, we will, I know he still loves you, and I don't like it"

"Jacob, I can't control how he feels, just like you can't control how you feel about me"

"And wouldn't want too, you're all mine" said Jacob as he held my hand tighter.

"And you're all mine, " I said as a stinch filled the air, "a wolf is close"

"It's probably Seth spying on Emmett, hoping to catch him naked" said Jacob with a smile, I shook my head.

"No, I haven't smelled this one before, it's new"

"I can smell it too, it's a male wolf, young. It's coming from the small cabin over there" said Jacob, I quickly ran over to behind the cabin where the wolf was sitting watching us, almost waiting on us, I looked into the wolf's eyes, there was something familiar about them, like I had seen them before. I watched as the wolf's body began to shake and roll, I looked over at Jacob we both backed up and watched as the wolf changed into a guy, when he looked up at me, my whole body seem to paralyze, I couldn't believe the guy who was standing in front of me, more importantly that this guy was a shape shifter, the boy smiled at me.

"Hey little brother"