Mitchy

B.A.M.F!

Abby awoke from her peaceful slumber feeling exhausted. It was just yesterday that she moved from New Jersey to Ohio. Abby thought back to the day was told that she would be moving away from her beloved home state.

“Ryan! Stop tickling me,” Abby yelled at her boyfriend of four months. They were both lying down on the living room couch in Abby’s home. Abby couldn’t be happier. Ryan was her first true boyfriend. He was tall, standing at six feet in height and had chocolate brown hair that covered his eyes. He always wore a grey or black sweater and wore the sleeves up to the tips of his thumbs. This was the boy that made Abby happy.

Abby was a petite blonde who only stood at five and a half feet. She wore her hair in braided pigtails and had wire frame glasses. You would never see her without fedora covering the top of her head. Her eyes were a soft green and she always had a happy disposition. Life was pretty good.

“Sorry Abs, but I can’t help but enjoy seeing you squirm,” Ryan said to her. He briefly stopped tickling her to kiss her nose. Abby giggled. “You are too adorable,” Ryan whispered.

Abby wrapped her arms around Ryan’s neck and held him close to her body. She inhaled his sweet scent of apples and smiled. She was happy. To be honest she was beyond happy. Abby was exhilarated. She kissed Ryan’s neck to show how much she cared for him.

The front door of the house opened and the happy couple sat up. Abby waved when she realized her father had come home from work. “Hey Daddy,” she greeted him.

Abby’s father, Ronald Price, was a portly man who worked for a developmental technology company. He came into the living and greeted both Abby and Ryan. His face then fell to a frown. “Abby darling, what I am about to say will probably be a shock, but we have no choice,” he said, warning his only daughter.

Abby snuggled into Ryan’s side. “What is it? Did someone die?”

Abby’s father shook his head. “No, Abby dear, no one is dead. We are moving… to Ohio.”

Abby’s eyes grew wide. “You’ve got to be joking. We can’t be leaving Jersey. I have a life, Ryan, and my friends!” She held onto Ryan for dear life. Abby was so happy merely moments before this news came.

“Like I said before Abby, we have no choice. We have to move to Ohio. We are leaving in a week,” her father told her. He then stood up and went upstairs to shower and to await his wife.

Abby turned to face Ryan and buried her face in his side. Ryan put his arms around his girlfriend while she hid in his side. Ryan then took off her hat and began stroking the top of her head. He was just as hurt as Abby. He had never before cared for a girl so much.

Abby was quietly crying into Ryan’s side. She didn’t want to move to Ohio. She wanted to stay in New Jersey with her boyfriend and friends. Abby picked her head up and looked at Ryan. He also had tears in his eyes. Things were so perfect until now. They felt like nothing could tear them apart.

Ryan gave her a firm hug. “Nothing and I mean it nothing is going to tear us apart, Abby,” he told her. “I don’t care if you move to the other side of the planet. We won’t be torn apart.”

The whole week Abby had Ryan over helping her pack and holding her when she cried. The day that she was set to leave Ryan was holding her by the waist. Tears wouldn’t stop coming out of Abby’s eyes and Ryan kept telling her that they wouldn’t torn apart. Ryan had even given her one of his famous grey sweaters. Abby wore it just like he did.

Abby’s father called Abby over to get inside of the care. It was time to leave and Abby didn’t want to go at all. Ryan walked Abby over and sat her inside the back seat of the car. Ryan kneeled in front of her and took both her hands in his. Abby looked at Ryan’s face, tears blurring her vision.

“Abby, baby, please don’t cry. I’ll come visit you as soon as I can. We can then get ice cream and fight over whether chocolate or vanilla is better. This isn’t as bad as it seems. Remember we will never be torn apart,” Ryan spoke.

Abby smiled at him. “Okay, I’ll wait for you,” she whispered to him. Ryan stood up and closed the car door. Abby waved wildly as the car was set in motion. She opened the window and screamed her goodbyes as she was driven down the road away from Ryan. Abby reached her hand out the window to try to grab Ryan. They were already too far away.


Abby got up from bed and stretched her arms. She walked around her new room for the second time. They floors were white, painted hardwood and her walls were a pale green. She had on Ryan’s sweater with the sleeves to the tips of her thumbs. She glanced at her clock to see it was five in the morning. She had never woken up so early.

Abby went to her closet and grabbed some jeans and a white shirt. She then went to her drawers to grab her underwear. Abby slowly walked to her bathroom to take a shower.

When Abby came out of the bathroom, she was fully dressed. She grabbed her glasses off of her night stand and put them on. She could now see clearly. She then grabbed one of her fedoras and put it on her head. She didn’t even do her hair, so it now hangs in messy, curly strands. She slipped on some shoes and tip toed outside of the house. She was going for a walk.

There was light outside as she explored the new landscape. Ohio was so barren compared to New Jersey. For miles she could see green. This was foreign to her. Abby walked on a small path taking her into the woods. She marveled at the amount of greenery. Abby stopped walking, when she heard a voice speaking.

“Hello this is Mitchell Davis and I’m standing in the middle of the woods behind my backyard. At least I think I’m still behind my backyard. Anyway, it is five in the morning and I felt like doing something. So I’m making a video for you,” the voice said.

Abby quietly crept forward to see a boy, who was a good three or four inches taller than her, talking to camera. He hand on a purple sweater and jeans with what Abby would call grandma shoes. She watched as the boy kept talking into the camera. She inched closer to him as well. Abby then stepped on a stick and it broke.

Mitchell, who thought he was alone, jumped startled when he heard the stick break. He stopped recording on his camera and walked over to where the sound came from. That’s when he spotted Abby. His eyebrows furrowed at the sight of the girl. Mitchell had never seen her before and he couldn’t help but wonder why a girl would be wondering about in the woods in the morning. He then remembered he too was wondering about the woods in the morning.

“Hello,” Mitchell said to Abby. “I’m Mitchell.”

Abby bit her lip. Mitchell looked just like Ryan. “I’m Abby,” she said loud enough to hear.

“I’ve never seen you here before. Are you new around here?” Mitchell smiled at Abby. He adjusted his glasses as well. He saw that she had green eyes and was considerably shorter than her. He saw her curly blonde hair and how she constantly bit her lip.

“I just moved here from New Jersey,” she told him.

“New Jersey? That’s pretty far from Ohio. Why the big move?” Mitchell was now only a foot away from her.

“My dad was positioned for a job here,” Abby whispered. She was terribly nervous because of how much Mitchell resembled Ryan. She dug her hands into Ryan’s sweater.

“Oh,” Mitchell sighed. “I guess you’re not used to Ohio.”

Abby shook her head, “Not at all.”

“I could show you around some time, you know? It’s not every day someone moves here from New Jersey.”

Abby laughed at this. “Why were you talking to a camera?”

“I was making a YouTube video. I make little vlogs and comedy sketches with my buddy Kyle.”

Abby nodded. “Do you know how to get out of here? I have a feeling I’ll get lost.”

“Yeah, follow me,” Mitchell said, waving his hand for her to follow him.

Abby ran to catch up with Mitchell and then walked along side of him. Little did Abby know was that this was only the beginning of a growing friendship with Mitchell.

It had already been a month and a half since Abby had moved to Ohio. She had made new friends and she was very close to Mitchell. Abby was also starting to grow on Kyle. He wasn’t too thrilled when Abby came into the picture because he felt like he was being replaced. Kyle learned the hard way that it wasn’t like that.

Abby and Mitchell were animatedly talking to each other about YouTube. They were all in Mitchell’s room. Kyle stood in the corner watching the two of them. Kyle was Mitchell’s best friend since grade school. He was about Mitchell’s height and had very curly hair. It was a bit like an afro.

Kyle crossed his arms in anger. He didn’t like the idea of being replaced, especially by a girl. ‘Mitchell has only known her for a week and they are already closer than peanut butter and jelly,’ he thought. ‘What has gotten into him?’

Kyle huffed and shook his head. He couldn’t believe that he was losing his best friend to a girl. He was beyond jealous. It used to be Kyle and Mitchell and now it was Abby, Mitchell, and Kyle. Kyle was even more frustrated when Mitchell skipped out on a day of filming to hang with Abby. Kyle coughed when he saw Abby and Mitchell hug.

Mitchell looked back at his best friend and frowned. “Kyle, why don’t you join us?” Mitchell asked.

Kyle just shook his head. “Nah, I think I should leave now,” he spoke sadly. He exited Mitchell’s room and started down the stairs. Kyle was just about ready to say his goodbyes to Mitchell’s mom and grandma when Mitchell stopped him.

“Kyle, what’s going on with you?” Mitchell asked pulling him aside.

“Nothing man. I just know when I’m not needed,” Kyle explained.

Mitchell gave Kyle a confused look. “What do mean? You’re my best friend.”

“I know you and Abby are much closer though. But I can handle it. Sure it irks me a little bit that I’m being replaced by a girl, but I can deal.”

“Kyle, you’ve got to be kidding me. Why would I ever replace you?”

“Because Abby is obviously more interesting than me, that’s why. You even skipped out on a filming day to go hang with her. It’s obvious who your best friend is now,” Kyle spat.

“Kyle, I skipped out on a filming day because,” Mitchell paused to carefully choose his words, “I really like Abby okay? I have a crush on the girl.”

Kyle finally understood why Mitchell was ditching him, yet that still gave Mitchell no right to ditch Kyle. “Can you at least remember me sometimes? It’s not always just you and Abby. I’m here too.”

Mitchell nodded. “I know. I won’t forget you. You’ve been my best friend since grade school.” He gave Kyle a hug.

“I’m still leaving you know. You love birds can have some alone time,” Kyle said.

“You don’t have to that,” Mitchell told him.

Kyle shook his head and began to walk out the door. He turned around to look at Mitchell. “Remember to use protection!”


Abby was seated on Mitchell’s bed looking at the Polaroid pictures on his wall. They were of different things, buildings, horizons, people, and just plain everything. Mitchell was downstairs in the kitchen getting cookies. This was their new found ritual. Abby started thinking about how she first met Mitchell only a month and a half ago. It brought a smile to her face.

“What are you smiling about?” Mitchell asked, walking into the room and sitting next to her.

Abby giggled, “Nothing.”

Mitchell handed her a box of Oreos and she tore them open. Abby grabbed a cookie from the box and nibbled on it. She then took another one and stuffed it in Mitchell’s mouth. Mitchell pouted with the cookie in his mouth. Abby pointed and giggled at him.

“You look like a little kid, Mitchy,” Abby said. Mitchy, was Mitchell’s nickname from Abby. Only Abby could call him Mitchy.

Mitchell sucked the cookie into his mouth, chewed, and swallowed. “Very funny Abby,” Mitchell muttered.

“You know you liked it,” Abby said back to him. She poked his arm.

Mitchell grinned. “Okay, maybe I did,” Mitchell paused, “Abby? I’ve been wanting to tell you something lately.”

Abby began to nibble on another cookie. “Hmm, what is it Mitchy?”

“Well, I’ve kind of wanted to ask you if you would like to go out some time,” Mitchell said, his face a deep red.

“We always go out Mitchy,” Abby laughed.

“Not like how we usually go Abby. I mean like a date.”

Abby froze in her spot. Mitchell had just asked her out. Butterflies flew wild in her stomach while she grinned madly. “Sure,” she told him.

“Do you want to go out tonight?” Mitchell asked.

Abby felt joy washing over her body as all of this occurred. “I’d love to. I should go home and get ready and all.”

“I’ll walk you home then,” Mitchell said. He was very responsible.

The two stood up and left Mitchell’s house. On the walk there Mitchell decided to be brave and take hold of Abby’s hand. Abby didn’t mind one bit. As they walked down the sidewalk, both of them had smiles on their faces.

Nothing could ruin the perfect moment between Abby and Mitchell. They were happy in their little bubble. They reached Abby’s front door still holding hands. Abby opened the door and announced that she was home. Her parents told her to come to the living room. They had a surprise for her. Abby walked with Mitchell to the living room, their hands still connected. Abby’s hand dropped Mitchell’s when she saw who stood in the center of the room.

What caught Abby’s eye first was the black sweater with the sleeves going to the tips of the guy’s thumbs. It was Ryan. He ran up to Abby and kissed her forehead. Abby smiled, while deep inside she panicked. She forgot about Ryan.

“I missed you so much Abs,” Ryan said to his girlfriend.

Mitchell stood in the living room awkwardly. He didn’t know who this boy was and why he was holding Abby the way he was. Mitchell cleared his throat and Abby turned around to look at him.

“Mitchy, I want you to meet Ryan, my boyfriend,” Abby spoke. She thought she heard Mitchell’s heart crack. Ryan smiled at Mitchell.

Mitchell felt his heart sink. He finally musters up enough courage to ask the girl he’d been crushing on out and this is what happened. Mitchell quickly said goodbye and ran out the door.

Abby was just about ready to run after him, but Ryan held her back. She stayed quiet as her parents left the living room and left her with Ryan. They moved to the couch. Ryan was holding her tight and Abby snuggled into him. Ryan kissed the top of her head.

A week had gone by since Abby last saw Mitchell. She had spent her every waking moment with Ryan. They went out to the park, mall, dinner, and just about everything a couple could do. The week started off fine, but as it went on tension was building between Abby and Ryan.

Ryan wasn’t happy that Abby spent most of her time with two guys. He started to strongly dislike Mitchell. Ryan didn’t tell Abby this, but when she would mention him he would crack some kind of insulting joke.

Abby wasn’t so thrilled that Ryan would constantly insult Mitchell. She didn’t call him out on it though. She held back thinking that it was only a little jealousy from Ryan. Abby decided on the last day before Ryan had to leave she would throw a little party. She invited Mitchell and Kyle to the party as well as some of her girlfriends.

The small party was in full swing. Ryan wouldn’t let Abby leave his side to talk to anyone. She was getting very fed up with him. She watched as her friends danced and talked. Why did she have to be stuck having no fun?

Mitchell stood by Kyle in the far corner, watching Abby. He was quietly sipping on fruit punch bouncing on his knees. He gave Kyle a soft nudge with his elbow. Kyle looked at him.

“What is it Mitch?” Kyle asked.

“I don’t like the way that Ryan guy is holding Abby back from having fun. I mean come on it’s her party,” Mitchell spoke. He took another sip of punch. “Hold this,” he told Kyle, handing him his cup. Mitchell started to walk over to where Abby was.

He maneuvered through the dancing crowd pretending to be dancing. He wasn’t very good at it. Mitchell then managed to get close enough to Abby to speak with her. Ryan glared at Mitchell. “Hey Abby,” Mitchell greeted.

“Hi Mitchy,” Abby said. She tried to get out of Ryan’s arms, but they wouldn’t budge. She looked to Ryan. “Ryan, could you let go of me?”

Ryan shook his head. “No can do Abs. I want to keep you in my arms.”

“Please Ryan? It’s getting kind of uncomfortable,” Abby spoke. She gave Ryan a pleading look.

Mitchell glanced down at where Ryan’s arms were. They appeared to be squeezing the life out of Abby. He looked back up at Abby. You could sense the discomfort on her face. Mitchell cleared his throat. “Come on Ryan let her go. She’s been standing there all night. Let her have some fun,” he said.

Ryan looked down at Mitchell. How dare he speak to him like he knew him?! “Butt out of it kid. Go back to your little frizzy headed friend. I’ll deal with my girl,” Ryan hissed.

Mitchell was appalled at what Ryan said. “She asked you to let go of her. Why won’t you? I mean respect her a little bit,” he said.

Abby knew where this was going to go if she didn’t stop them. “It’s okay Mitchell really. I’ll just stay put,” she told him. Ryan smiled.

Mitchell wasn’t having it. “He should respect your wishes though Abby,” he explained.

“I’ll do what I please,” Ryan stated. Ryan grip tightened on Abby.

“I can hardly breathe Ryan,” Abby struggled to say. She slapped at his arms.

“Ryan, just let go of her,” Mitchell said forcefully. “You’re hurting her!” Mitchell looked at Abby’s face. It was trying to hide the pain.

Ryan threw Abby to the side. Abby felt to the ground. Ryan then ran up and pushed Mitchell. “What’s your issue Mitchy? Can you leave me and my girl alone?”

Mitchell wobbled a bit before he responded. “I don’t like seeing Abby hurt,” he spoke honestly. Mitchell then tried to walk over to Abby. He wanted to help her up, but Ryan stood in his way. “Ryan move so I can help Abby up,” he said spoke.

“She can get up herself,” Ryan spoke.

Mitchell tried once again to reach Abby. He was pushed back by Ryan. Mitchell pushed back. He wasn’t going to let Abby be had by this monster. Ryan tackled Mitchell to the floor and fists flew.

Abby watched the two boys fight from her living room floor. This wasn’t what she wanted. She didn’t want to see Mitchell nor Ryan get hurt. Abby watched as Ryan repeatedly pummeled Mitchell. This was all too much for her. The people around her had stopped everything and they just watched with shocked looks. Both Abby and the rest of the crowd knew that Mitchell stood no chance again Ryan. Mitchell was too peaceful to fight.

“Ryan stopped,” Abby cried out. “Ryan, stop this instant. You’re hurting Mitchy!” Abby quickly got herself up and tried to pull Ryan off Mitchell herself. Her efforts weren’t enough to stop Ryan. “Ryan, stop it,” she cried again.

Ryan kept hitting at Mitchell. He was going to let all of his anger out on him. He wanted to get rid of every single ounce of anger. Mitchell just took the punches. He wasn’t going to fight; he would never win. Mitchell then lost sight due to his glasses being knocked off. Blurred vision never helps during a fight.

Kyle watched his friend get pummeled on. He thought Mitchell was going to at least hit back once. It then dawned on him that Mitchell wouldn’t fight because Abby didn’t like it. “Such a people pleaser,” Kyle muttered. He went over to where the fight was occurring and pried Ryan off Mitchell.

Mitchell simply lay on Abby’s floor feeling the pain in his face. It wasn’t as painful as it felt before; it was only throbbing. He smiled thinking about he didn’t give in to full on fighting. He didn’t want to scare Abby or anything of the sort.

Abby stepped over Mitchell and walked over to where his glasses had landed. She bent over and picked them up. Moving to where Mitchell was, she got on her knees and placed the glasses on his face. “I’m really sorry, Mitchy,” she whispered to him. Abby looked to where Kyle was. He was still holding back Ryan.

Mitchell grinned. “Don’t be. Are you okay?” he asked.

Abby laughed. “Always worrying about others when you’re the one that’s hurt,” she said, “It’s typical Mitchell Davis manner.”

Mitchell sat up and laughed. He looked to Abby and said, “My face is probably all bruised up or something.”

Abby shook her head. “It’s not. Well, not yet at least. Give it sometime.”

Mitchell reached up and touched his cheek. He winced. “Oh yeah, I’ll give some time.”

Abby kissed Mitchell’s cheek. “Mitchy,” she leaned into his side, “I know this is awkward, but I like it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hoped you like it. I put a lot of effort into it.