Green Day Kids and Co: The Day After Tomorrow

Trapped

Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt and Tre cool went straight to the recording studio after leaving their kids at their airport. Adrienne had taken Jakob to his summer club at the local activity centre and skate park and then took the band some food.
"Can you guys believe it, it's actually raining out there... in sunny Cal!" Adie remarked taking off her jacket and hanging over the back of the chair.
"Hey, babe!" Billie said greeting Adie with a kiss on the cheek and then he took the food. Adie rolled her eyes. "Adie did you get my... ." Tre began.
"Orange Mocha Frappachino?" She finished for him then added "Yes but I got you two!"
"Thank you, you're a darling!" he yelled in a mock voice hugging her, it really is true what they about food being the way to a man's heart or in Tre's case Orange Mocha Frappachinos. Mike stopped strumming and waved, "Hey Adie, you say it was raining?"
"Yeah its gushing down really strange, I mean its California not England!"
They all laughed, the last time Adie took a holiday to England it was raining the entire time and she hated it.
"Apparently it's the same in New York I just hope the kids are okay!"

PLANE OVER LA

The captain of the Boeing 747 swore under his breath as he saw the Tornado in the far off distance.
"Shit Steve we'll have to take another route around Los Angeles it's too dangerous."
"Al we can't take that risk, we won't have enough fuel to go all the way around we should land!"
"It's a risk I'm willing to take!" and Al snapped, reset the co-ordinates and turned the plane.

In the passenger hold, Joey Armstrong was shaking violently praying they would be okay, it was really bad turbulence and they didn't know why, no one knew anything.
The plane suddenly jolted forward and everything went with it including the drinks trolley. Lights flickered and bags fell from the compartments above. Joey drew in an alarmed breath and squeezed the arm rests harder. Roxie winced with the pain he hadn't noticed her hand below his.
Eventually the plane calmed and took back its smooth course.
"Um... Joey?" Joey looked at her.
"Can I have my hand back?" she said and Joey alarmed by what he'd done let go of her hand and sheepishly looked away. Roxie flexed her hand and sighed; she pulled out a Rolling Stones magazine and began to read an article on Guns and Roses. Beside Roxy, Frankito Cool was listening to Offspring on his I-Pod Nano. Ramona was still typing her essay and Stella and Jake had fallen asleep, amidst their sleep they had fallen all over each other.
"Hey Joey!" Roxy said tapping his arm.
"Mmm... what?" Joey replied opening his eyes.
"Look at those two... ha, ha!" Roxy said and pulled out her digital camera.
Stella was lying over Jake's legs and Jake over Stella's back, he was drooling on her shoulder near Ramona who, when she realised what he was doing, made a disgusted face and edged away from him.
Joey heartened a bit after that, he laughed as Roxy took off her seat belt, leaned over him and Ramona and started snapping away at the two.
"I'm gonna make a scrap book and put these in it." She said. Ramona got into it also and posed with the sleeping pair, making faces and pointing at them.
"Miss could you please fasten your seat belt!" The stewardess ordered.
For fuck sake, just ruin the fun, Joey thought.
"Whatever... ." Roxy replied and sat down again. After a while the plane had calmed down and Joey had come out of his fearsome trance.
Frankito put his I-Pod Nano away and offered every one a doughnut. Only Joey and Roxy would take one. Soon after the plane had stopped shaking the captain said they would be taking a different route to New York and that it was nothing to worry about.

A while later they landed and Stella and Jake had woken up fighting each other off, Frankito apologised Joey for his ramblings about the plane going down and Joey had shrugged and said, "Its okay man!"
The turbulence had apparently put Tori to sleep.
"This has been one long fucked up ride!" Frankito said yawning and stretching in his seat. He added with a sidelong glance at Joey, "And hey... the plane didn't crash!"
Joey gave him a "Dude your fucking evil" glare,
Frankito laughed, "I'm sorry man, I couldn't resist!"
"Shut up!" Joey snapped.

Outside the rain was horrendous they all ran as fast as they could into the terminal to collect their bags. Inside the terminal Roxy saw Tori collecting her bags, she ran over to her, "Hey Tori!" she yelled. Tori turned around.
"Oh hey Roxy, what's up?"
"Listen Joey says if you really wanna go to Oxygen he'll sort you out with some tickets!" Roxy said.
"Really? Cool, thanks Roxy tell Joey I said thanks too!"
"Sure, see you later!" Roxy said and joined the others to go get a cab.

NATIONAL OCEANIC ATMOSPHERIC ADMINISTRATION

Elisa was labelling and storing the cores from her trip to the Antarctica when Tom Gomez marched into the freeze room yelling her name, "ELISA?"
"I know you have a good talent for rubbing people the wrong way, Elisa, but why? Why for the love of God would you aggravate the Vice President?"
Elisa sighed and jumped down from the ladder, "Because my seventeen year old sister knows more science than he does!"
"Yes Elisa, that may be but your seventeen year old sister does not control our budget it doesn't matter if she hates you!"
"My sister doesn't hate me!" Elisa said brushing past her boss.
"You're missing the point Elisa, what I'm trying to tell you is: if Edward Reeves pulls our budget... wait where are you... ELISA?"
But Elisa wasn't listening she was supposed to go call her sister before she left for New York. She ran to her office.
Bit late love!!!

HEDLAND CENTRE - SCOTLAND

The snow lay thick and heavy over the Scotland hills. The Hedland Centre for Oceanic Climate Control was merely a small white hut in the middle of no where.
A car sat outside and Dave leaned in the driver's window.
"I can't believe I'm spending two weeks abroad with my mum!" David's wife Anita moaned with a laugh. Dave smiled and stroked her face, "Oh, be patient with her alright she's been looking forward to this holiday for months!" he laughed and kissed her tenderly on the lips.
He walked to the back of the car and opened the back door to say goodbye to his son, "Hey little man, see you soon okay?" he kissed the little baby on the forehead and closed the door again.
Anita drove on and Dave headed inside the centre, pulling his coat around him to shade himself from the bitter cold.

Inside the centre the TV blared out the news channel,

"The cause for this extreme weather is unknown and remains a mystery!" The forecaster said, Al was, as usual glued to the TV.
"That's odd!" Professor Rawson announced staring at the computer.
"What is?" David asked hanging up his coat and walking over to the new coffee machine proceeding to pour a cup for the professor and himself.
"Well there's a buoy here registering a thirteen degree drop in ocean temperature!" Rawson breathed.
"Oh yes that buoy malfunctioned the other day. I'll put a call in to see if there are any boats near Georges Bank to pick it up."
"This one isn't in Georges Back!" The professor exclaimed and tapped on the keyboard to bring up the ocean map.
"What are the odds of two buoys failing?" David asked gaping at the screen with a sense of confusion.
"Remote," Terence Rawson replied fearfully, he knew exactly what was happening and when the third buoy went on alarm it proved his theory, "Make that three!" he said. He lifted his coffee and went to take a sip then set it back down again, "I'd better call Elisa McAllister!"
"Should make sure it's definitely what you think it is Professor don't want to raise a false alarm!" Dave suggested.
"There's no way of my doing that Elisa McAllister is the only one that has a forecast model powerful enough to run a check... I'm going to make the call!"

NEW YORK CTY

Bill was a homeless man, he didn't mind, he'd gotten used to it, he walked up the street among all the traffic and Joey saw him pass by their cab with his dog saying, "Look Skippy, all these cars and their exhausts and their just polluting the atmosphere!"
In a manner of speaking... Yes
Joey smirked at him. Roxy had fallen asleep in the cab on his shoulder she must have been wiped; he looked down at her and smiled then gently rested his head on hers.
Frankito saw this and grinned at him; Joey gave him the finger and looked out of the window again. Ramona was huffing in the front seat, she didn't travel well.
"Excuse me Sir but we're late!" She snapped.
The cabby smiled at her sarcastically, "We're almost there!" which in fact they weren't because they stuck in the dam traffic. Horns blared including the one belonging to the car beside them and it woke Roxy up. She jerked awake and they clashed heads.
"Oh God, sorry Joey I'm such a klutz!" she apologised rubbing her head.
Roxy wasn't a klutz, she was far from it was just as much his fault, but she didn't seemed to have noticed his head resting on hers and he wasn't about to tell her.
"It's okay," he replied sheepishly rubbing his own head.
"You know guys we're only two blocks away!" Jake said looking at his map of Manhattan.
Joey brightened and shrugged, "Then let's walk!"
"Yes... Let's!" Roxy agreed and they all got their bags and got out. Ramona paid the cabby and got out herself.
"Watch the traffic Frankie!" She snapped at her brother. Frankito made a face.
"Fuck you Ramona!" He snapped back. Then when she walked away he gave her the finger Stella giggled and shoved him playfully. Joey walked beside Roxie, "Is your head okay?"
Roxie smiled, "Yes what about yours?" she asked back.
"Yes it's fine."
He smiled at her again. Roxie laughed, "What?" she giggled staring into his green eyes, an inheritance from his father. Joey shook his head and shrugged, would this be the time to tell her his secret
Suddenly everyone's attention was averted when billions of birds flew overhead, all in the same direction mainland away from the ocean.
"Okay can we hurry up there's no way I'm getting crapped on!" Frankito yelled holding his bag over his head and pulling Stella under, she let her self be pulled and they jogged up the street together, Frankito's arm resting over her shoulders.
"I second that!" Joey said and grabbed Roxy's arm to run.

OAKLAND, CALIFORNIA

Billie Joe, Tre Cool and Mike Dirnt, finished recording their new record and turned on the TV to see the weather reports while they ate. Adrienne had gone to get Jakob from the youth centre as the youth leader called to say it had began to flood.
"This is crazy, why is all this happening? There's the biggest typhoon ever in Australia, Hail stones the size of footballs in Japan, its crazy!" Billie Joe gushed.
"Mother Nature at her best I suppose!" Mike replied
"I don't like this man!" Tre put in throwing a fearful glance at his companions.
"Hey listen to this, guys," Jason White said carrying the radio into the room. Mike switched of the TV and they turned around to listen.

"The weather anomalies that have recently been occurring are a mystery to so many except Professor Elisa McAllister who recently briefed Mr Vice President Edward Reeves telling him about what was to come. Vice President Reeves replied that the world's economy was just as fragile as the world's environment and that these weather imperfections are in fact just a phase and would soon pass. However Elisa McAllister replied differently, as all these weather anomalies are just a starter point for what's coming and that pretty soon we could be at a new Ice Age."

"Isn't she that Roxy kid's big sister? What does she have to do with all this?" Jason asked.

"She's works with the government doing weather research or something, maybe she can tell us the truth about what's going on!" Tre wondered. "I'm gonna call!"

A while later Tre returned, "I can't get through all the phone lines are jammed."

"Fine then we'll go and see her!" Billie Joe replied and jumped up.
He called Adie and told her to pack up some stuff for her and Jakob and drive with him to see Elisa; they were going to find out what was happening once and for all.

NEWYORK- Pinehurst Girls Academy, -THE SCHOLASTIC DECATHALON COMPETITION

"In 1532, Spanish Conquistador Francisco Pizarro defeated this Incan emperor at the Peruvian Highland town of Cajamareo. What is his name?" The reader announced at over the mike and the timer started.
Roxy thought about this question but her mind was blank, Jake tapped her arm, "Montezuma?" She suggested but Roxy shook her head, "No Montezuma was in Mexico not Peru, It's like Anta something... "
Joey knew that one, "Atahualpa?" he suggested. (Pronounced=Ata-wappa)
"That's it!" Roxy said and as the timer hit the number one she wrote it down and passed it to the team's handler. He raised his hand to the desk guys who were asking the questions and they nodded "And that's five points for Blackwood and Five points for Pinehurst Academy!"
Roxy cheered and hugged Joey!
And that's more points for the Joe-ster! Joey smiled to himself.

AFTER PARTY

"Look at all these nerds!" Frankito observed taking a glass of fruit punch as the tender passed him. He walked over to join Joey and Jake who were, as guys often are, dressed first and waiting on the girls. Joey wore a black and white tux with a black bowtie; he had a diamond cross on his left breast pocket, a gift from his dad.
Jake on the other hand wasn't as smartly dressed, he thought the hippie carpet look to be very cool.
"Hey, you two should fit in alright here!" Frankito told his two friends, who rolled their eyes.
"Anyway how'd the competition go?" Frankito asked, "I'm glad I'm a substitute there's this party award thing down town tonight and while you lot are tucked up in your beddie-bies saving your beauty sleep for round two ill be partying with the celebs!"
"We tied with Pinehurst!" Joey told his friend ignoring Frankito's ranting about the celebrity party. Jake seemed jealous for the party, "Where is this party?"
Frankito smiled and turned to look at what Joey had his eyes fixed on. Roxy and Stella were walking through the crowd. It was a formal party and while the guys wore tuxedoes the ladies wore fancy dresses.
"Wow Stella cleans up nice!" Frankito noticed. Roxy was walking behind her and they couldn't see her yet. Stella's dress was a plum coloured bodice and ruffled cocktail skirt. The plum colour complimented her auburn hair. As Roxie emerged from behind Stella and Joey took a deep breath. Roxie wore a navy blue bodice and straight skirt. The waistline had a black and navy blue sash tied at the side and was plastered with little diamantes.
"Wow... you look beautiful!" Joey said and Frankito gave him a look to say "yeah right you're not into her".
"Thanks!" She replied. Frankito turned to Stella, "You look good, makes a change from the jeans and black shirts!" Frankito was naturally blunt and Stella understood this. "Shut up and dance with me!" Stella said and as she was about to pull him away Tori's voice sounded across the room.
"Roxie!" She came over, "Hey you guys look great, and you guys played a great first round!"
Frankito had stepped away from Stella to admire Tori and Stella looked pissed.
"Yeah so did you, well done!" Joey said shaking her hand.
"Thank you, well I better go I have to make sure the guests get their tour!"
"I'd love a tour!" Frankito snapped.
"Okay sure some along!" Tori replied and Frankito stepped forward to take her arm.
Joey realized the look on Stella's face she looked upset.
"Hey Stella, ignore him it's just a fling!" Stella nodded then shrugged, "I'm gonna go get a drink!" And she disappeared into the crowd.
"Hey, aren't you Roxy McAllister?" A manly voice said behind Roxie who was watching Stella go.
"Yes." Roxy replied turning around; there was a tall and handsome guy behind her. He had light brown hair with blonde through it and the dreamiest blue eyes; he was well built and had a slight trace of stubble which made him look all the sexier.
"You're the Black Wood Academy team!" he blurted.
"That's us!" Roxy replied.
"Hey you know my sister Tori right? You haven't seen anyone that looks like her? Wearing, possibly, blue jeans, a black Green Day shirt and red Beret?" He asked.
"No we haven't!" Joey said bluntly.
"Right... okay," The guys replied.
"But I could help you look for her," Roxy offered and Joey looked bummed.
"Really thanks," The guy replied.
"Joey, can you hold this?" Roxy asked handing him her drink. Joey nodded. "Sure."
As Roxy and the guy walked together he introduced himself, "I'm Jensen Rosemont, Tori's twin Cadence crashed this party and she isn't supposed to be here, she's not exactly the academic type like Tori.
At that moment Roxy saw a girl at the buffet wearing exactly the same cloths as Jensen had described her. "Is that her?" she asked.
Jensen looked and sighed, "Yes! Hey Cady what are you doing?"
"Oh hey Jen, what's up?" the girl asked. The girl definitely looked like Tori in features but everything else about her was completely different. She wore expensive looking Gucci flip flops, dark blue ripped jeans held up by a black studded belt, and white long sleeved shirt underneath a black American Idiot Green Day shirt which had the heart grenade on the front and the words 'American Idiot' on the back. Her blond tresses were hanging grungily over her shoulders and on top was a red Beret. Around her body was a small denim bag which had Green Day badges plastered to it and poking out from the side where two old looking band sticks! Roxy liked her.
"Why are you even here? If Mrs Tate finds you, you are gonna be dog meat!" Jensen moaned.
"Okay, okay whatever, I'm going, hi!" she said when she saw Roxy.
"Hello, I couldn't help noticing your band sticks, are you in a band?" Roxy asked.
"Oh yeah, um yes it's called Remote Desolation!" Cadence replied.
"Jen if you don't mind I want to go shopping for that new Simple Plan MTV live CD!" Cadence said to her older brother.
"Sure whatever as long as your not here!" he replied.
"Simple Plan? Are you serious, I've been waiting for months to see that DVD/CD!" Roxy blurted.
"Cool, do you wanna come watch with?" Cadence asked.
"Sure, I'm Roxy by the way!" Cadence smiled, "Cadence!"
Jensen smiled as he watched the two girls leave together deep in conversation. Joey watched them go with and with an exasperated sigh he headed back to his room.

WASHINGTON

Elisa was in bed when the phone rang loud and shrill. She sighed leaned over and picked up the receiver. "Hello?"
"Rawson here I'm sorry to call you so early!" He apologised.
"That's okay Professor, What's up?" Elisa replied tiredly. She was interested in everything and anything the old man had to say at this point no matter what time it was after all he was a genius.
"Well we've found something extraordinary... extraordinary and disturbing, that is. You recall what you said in New Delhi about how Polar Melting might disrupt the current? Rawson paused and took a breath, "Well I think its happening!"
Elisa shot up in bed and stared straight ahead shock by what she'd just been told, "What do you mean?"
"Well one of our Nomad buoys registered a thirteen degree drop in surface temperature... I've sent you an email... "
"Hold on a sec!" Elisa said getting out of bed and rushing to her lap top.

"At first we thought it was a malfunction but there are four more across the North Atlantic showing the same thing!" Rawson informed.

Elisa stared at the screen in disbelief, "This is unbelievable," she murmured. Rawson continued, "You predicted this would happen... "
Elisa nodded, "Yes but not in our lifetime, this is too fast!" she gaped leaning back in her chair a million things were now running through her mind.

"There are no forecast models remotely capable of plotting this scenario, except yours!" Rawson said.

"But my model is a reconstruction of a prehistoric climate shift not a forecast model!" Elisa protested.

"It's the closest thing we have," Rawson announced, "Nothing has ever happened like this before!"

"At least not in the last ten thousand years!" Elisa remarked and the lighting clashed outside enlightening her terrified face.

LOS ANGELES- 24 HOURS AGO

"Shouldn't you be monitoring the weather or something?" Dina said to her boyfriend Derek who was unbuttoning her shirt.
"This is LA what weather?" he asked and continued to kiss her.
"Wait what's that?" Dina said sitting up.
Derek walked to the door and opened it, Huck the cleaning guy was polishing the floor and listening to music at the same time, Derek nodded, he was about to disappear into the room again when he heard the phone ring from the office.
"Sorry honey I'll be right back!" he told Dina who huffed and buttoned up her shirt again.
"LA weather centre!" Derek answered.
"Derek its Rob,"
"What do you want Rob, I'm in the middle of something!"
"I'm down at the beach, there's hail the size of footballs here!"
Derek wasn't listening he was now looking at the television which was reporting a low pressure system in the Los Angeles atmosphere.
"I gotta go Rob!" he said hanging up the phone then picking it up again to call his boss.

The TV blared out the reports, "The coast guard has closed of the Miami coast line as waves have become too big for surfers."

"Hey boss turn on the weather channel I think we have to issue a tornado warning!" he blurted.

Jeff who had been asleep turned on the TV and gaped in horror, he got up and rushed outside, the clouds were roaring with activity and that's when he saw a tornado touch down on down town Los Angeles.
"Issue it!" he ordered and ran inside to put on his shoes.

PRESENT DAY- NATIONAL OCEANIC ATMOSPHERIC ADMINISTRATION

Elisa was in her office trying to work out what would be needed for a new forecast model that would accurately predict the coming events in weather. Natalie sat on the sofa opposite coffee in hand.
There was a short knock on the door and Malcolm entered, "Um... Elisa there is a couple of guys at reception wanting to see you urgently!"
"Okay I'll be there in a minute!" she logged off and smiled at Nat who got up to follow her.
"You do know we're gonna spend more than enough money to build this new model your talking about!"
"Yeah but I don't particularly care, it's what's needed."
When they reached the reception and Elisa asked at the desk to see her guests, Molly the receptionist pointed to the other side of the room to a three guys by the vending machine.
"For goodness sake I don't have time to entertain a rock band get them out of here!"
"Come on Elisa they're not a rock band anymore they're worried parents!" Natalie said before she hugged her friend and disappeared into the staff common room.
"Fine, Molly, show them into my office!" Elisa ordered and walked into the common room to grab another coffee.

Billie Joe Armstrong, Tre Cool and Mike Dirnt were waiting in Elisa McAllister's office. Tre sat on the sofa his head in his hands, Mike was looking at a photograph of Elisa and Roxy as kids and Billie was reading through a line of certificates.
Elisa entered with no coffee, perhaps she didn't feel like eating or drinking with the nerves of facing the biggest idiots in her life.
"What the hell is going on here Elisa?" Mike asked frantically.
"Oh were having a climate shift or hadn't you noticed?" Elisa snapped sitting at her desk and opening her lap top.
"Oh for Gods sake Elisa speak English!" Mike snapped back.
Elisa smiled mockingly, "Oh I'm sorry Mike is my smart talk not good for you?"
Mike looked really angry now, Billie took over the questioning.
"That's not fair Elisa, look I know you don't like us because you think were a bad influence on your sister or something but... "
"Don't you bring my sister into this you don't know anything! Elisa snapped voice raised now and standing up from her seat.
"Oh but you would know being millions of miles away!" Tre snapped.
"Don't you dare dictate to me!"
"Oh no because that would be easier wouldn't it," Tre began, "to shut up and ignore the truth, when the truth matters. Believe it or not Elisa we play a very important part in your sisters life, while you're of building snow men in the Antarctica or your mothers off gallivanting around Universal Studios, we're the ones the school calls when Roxy gets rushed to hospital after collapsing in gym class, just because they can't get in touch with you!" Tre explained and Billie and Mike explained winning glanced.

"What?" Elisa breathed.
"Yeah and to enlighten that little meaningful fact we may seem like a bad influence to you but we don't seem to affect Roxy when she gets accepted to Harvard!" Tre added with a raised voice.
"Harvard?" Elisa breathed and sat back down again.
"Yes Harvard," Mike took over, "and just for your information Professor, we have very exceptional vocabulary were just not all stuck up geeks like you!" and with that Mike took a seat on the sofa beside Tre.
Billie stepped forward in front of the desk and leaned on it staring down at Elisa. "Look we didn't come here to fight with you Elisa, we just wanna know what the hell is going on out there," he choked holding back fearful tears.
Roxy finally understood she tapped on her computer.
"Okay I'll tell you!" She took a deep breath and began.
"We receive our warm climate from a thing called the North Atlantic current which picks up heat that arrives at the equator from the sun and carries it north providing us with the heat we need to survive, however it relies on a delicate balance of fresh and salt water to survive and excessive dumping of fresh water from Melting Polar Ice Caps due to global warming has disrupted that flow and there goes our warm climate. I recently received a telephone call from a Professor Terence Rawson who works at the oceanic climate research Hedland centre in Scotland and he says that buoys all over North Atlantic are registering thirteen degree drops in temperature and falling.
All these strange weather occurrences are happening and it's no coincidence at why they're happening all at once, we're heading into something that could be catastrophic."
"Like what?" Mike asked.
"The entire Northern Hemisphere won't be receiving its heat from the flow anymore because it has broken down, these things like typhoons and tsunamis are taking place because of that dramatic climate change they will continue. My studies prove that without the flow and warm climate we could be heading into a new Ice Age."
The three guys glared at her a new kind of fear filling their eyes once more.
"When?" Billie asked.
"I thought it wasn't going to be for another hundred years or so but Mother Nature wants to be a bitch and it could happen soon, as in within this year." Elisa said tears welling.
"We need to call the kids!" Mike breathed.
The door threw open and Natalie waked in, "Tom is here now would be a good time to ask him!" Elisa nodded, "You guys can stay here if you like or you can come with me if you want updates on what's happening!"
They followed her out the door.
Tom was walking up the corridor with a Palomino guy Elisa didn't know.
Elisa walked behind with Natalie and approached Tom with her idea.
"Tom we are building a forecast model and were gonna need... "
"What? Tom cut her off.
"Priority access to the mainframe facility for two days maybe three," Natalie requested stealing a hopeful glance at Elisa.
Tom seemed annoyed and under pressure, "Oh really and is that it anything else?" he said sarcastically.
"We need it immediately!" Elisa yelled.
Tom smirked, "You know I'd say you've lost your mind but you've been this way for the last ten years."
"Tom this is important!" Elisa demanded. The Chinese man turned around, "What is this forecast model your building, if you don't mind my asking?"
"Clarke Tokada, this is Elisa McAllister, Clark's a hurricane specialist with NASA, Elisa's a Paleo Climatologist and I have no idea what she's up too."
"Hey Gerry what's going on here?" Tom asked Gerry who was at the front of a crowd of weather officials crowded around the TV.
"They've just issued a tornado warning in Los Angeles Sir!"

"Breaking news as we prepare to go live at Los Angeles, Reports are coming of extreme weather in this area. Okay we are now going live to or Fox affiliate in LA." The Fox news reporter explained.

"Yes I'm here in LA and these Tornado's are forming so fast. And oh... oh my god... no, Lisa are you getting this, this tornado just erased the Hollywood sign, the Hollywood sign is gone, it's just shredded! And I see people down there taking pictures... .."

Jeff had shoved his flats on and drove toward work, he was passing down town when he saw tourists taking pictures. "People what are you doing, run for cover get out of here!" he ordered. Jeff heard his cell ringing.
"Hello?"
"Jeff where are you?" Derek asked.
"I'm on Yucca and Vine; I'm on my way to you!"
"JEFF YOUR ON TV YOU'RE RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF IT!"

Jeff realised and jumped into his car, "Oh... no!!!!"

A huge bus fell on Jeff's car.

"Oh my goodness I do hope no one was in that Porsche!" The Fox affiliate observed from his helicopter. Derek gaped as the phone line went dead. He dropped the phone as he felt the building shake and ran into where Dina was he closed the door behind him ran toward the window and opened the blinds. He walked back slowly as he saw the tornado come toward the building and Dina fainted in his arms.
In the corridor Huck the cleaning guy turned of his machine as he felt the building shake violently.
When the building stopped shaking he saw there was a new light from under the door that Derek and his girl were in.
He stepped toward it and opened the door and nearly fell as he saw the destroyed city before him and half the building gone.

NEW YORK

"What you're seeing is what's left of down town Los Angeles." The weather girl said. Joey, Frankito, Tori, Jake and Stella were watching along with the rest of the party guests.
Roxy ran in with Cadence and Jensen, she ran up to Joey and threw her arms around him, "It's terrible!" She muttered as she cried into his shoulder. Joey rubbed her back and sunk his face into her hair, "I know babe!" he said soothingly.
Jensen and Cadence joined Tori and hugged each other.
Frankito appeared behind Stella and she rested her head back onto his shoulder. Jake was on the phone, he hung up, "I'm sorry people but we need to change the channel!"
He said as he walked over to the TV people moaning in the background.

"The FAA has grounded all air traffic in the United States but the call came too late for two air planes which were brought down by severe turbulence." The reporter said.

Joey shook his head and turned to Frankito, "One in a million huh?" he snapped and Frankito swallowed hard.

NATIONAL OCEANIC ATMOSPHERIC ADMINISTRATION -
NATIONAL WEATHER AFFILIATES MEETING

"Okay people listen up we don't have much time so please listen up!" Tom Gomez hushed the room, he gestured for the weather specialists to give their news.

"All our grid models are useless!" Vorsteen said.

"I don't think grid models are gonna be a lot of help here, Canadians report tremendous circulation moving down from the Arctic. In Siberia there's a low pressure system unlike anything we've seen and Australia just saw the strongest Typhoon ever recorded!" Lattel explained.

"Wait, are you saying these things are inter connected?" Lanson asked.

"We have to consider the possibility," Gerry remarked.

"The only force strong enough to affect Global Weather is the sun." Trent offered.

"What's NASA have to say?" Gomez asked Clarke Takoda.

"We've already checked, Solar out put is normal!"

"What about the North Atlantic Current?" Elisa put in.

"What about it?" Vorsteen asked.

"I got a call a call last night from Professor Rawson at the Hedland Centre and he things the current has changed!"

The room went into a fit of chatter between each other as they considered this to be a possibility.
"Come on Elisa how can that be?" Lattel asked.

"The current depends upon a balance of salt and fresh water... " Elisa began.
Behind her Brian leaned to Billie Joe, Mike and Tre, "She loves doing this part!"
"We all know that, Elisa.." Gomez said.
"Yes but nobody has taken into account how much fresh water has been dumped into the ocean because of melting polar ice. I think we've hit a critical desalinization point." Elisa informed her affiliates.

"That would explain what's driving this extreme weather!" Clarke added.

"Hedland sent me some convincing data; they've asked me to feed it into my paleo climate model to track the next set of events!" Elisa explained.

"Hold on Elisa are you suggesting that these weather anomalies are going to continue?"
Gomez asked.

"Oh not just continue... get worse." She paused and took a breath before giving the news, "I think were on the verge of a major climate shift!"

Tom dismissed the affiliates and left the room, Elisa followed leaving Natalie to take care of Billie Joe, Mike and Tre.

"Tom what are you going to tell the administration?" Elisa asked following up the corridor.

"What do you expect me to tell them?" Tom Gomez replied.
"The government has to start making long term preparations!" Elisa told him.

"Elisa all you have is a theory!" Tom said exasperated.

"Then give me the mainframe and I'll prove it!" Elisa asked.

"No... ." Tom said then knew he had said the wrong thing, he knew Elisa was right about this and the only thing he was worried abut was the Vice President pulling the plug on everything, "Alright... you have forty-eight hours!"

Elisa smiled and turned back to see Clark Takoda facing her, "Professor McAllister?"
"Yes!" Elisa said.
"I think your theory may be correct!" He said.
"Walk with me!" Elisa told him and he did.
"Just a few weeks ago I monitored the strongest hurricane on record, the hail, and the tornadoes it all fits. Can the model you're working on factor in storm scenarios?"
"We haven't had the time!" Natalie said who had just joined them with Brian, Jack and Billie, Mike and Tre in tow.
"I think I can help!" Clark said, "Welcome on board." Elisa replied.

TWO HOURS LATER

"Here's some coffee," Natalie said handing a cup to Clarke.
"Oh thank you." Clark said taking a sip and setting it down while he worked on the computer.
"Elisa you've been working for twenty-one hours straight, you're the only one who hasn't taken a break, go and take a rest!" Jack suggested.
"Maybe I should try to shut my eyes for a while." And she got up and left, "Call me when you get the results."
A while later Takoda had the results. Natalie went show him where the staff common room was. They roused Elisa and handed her the results.
Elisa looked gob smacked.
"Six to eight months... that can't be!" She gasped.
"That time scale isn't in months it's in weeks." Takoda explained.

NEW YORK

"The plumbing in this school is really old and with this rain the sewage got stopped up." Joey told his father.
"Where are you staying tonight?" Billie asked his son.
"Oh they're finding a place for us with the kids here in New York City." Joey replied.
"Joey, promise me you'll get on a train tomorrow?" Billie Joe demanded.
"Well, look, Dad I would if I could but, you know it's just that... .god this stench is terrible... " Joey laughed changing the subject.
"Stop kidding around I want you here in Washington by tomorrow!" Billie scolded.
"Dad, I'll be on the train, okay?" Joey reassured his father, "Do me a favour and don't worry about me, I'll figure it out."
Billie sighed, "Alright son, I'll see you tomorrow!"
Joey hung up and joined Frankito, Stella, Jake, Roxy, Tori, Cadence and Jensen.
Ramona walked through the door and pulled Frankito into a hug, "I was shopping when I heard what happened in LA, are you okay?"
Frankito pushed his sister away, "Oh, Ramona, get off I'm fine!"
Roxy turned to Joey, "Hey Joey we got somewhere to stay for the night!" she said excitedly and Jensen smiled, "That's right dude, our place is yours!"
Joey smiled slightly, "Great," he said half heartedly.
When they were all settled in the Rosemont penthouse, Stella suggested they visit the Natural History museum to take their minds of the recent events and they all agreed.
While there Jensen was walking with Jake discussing Jensen's social life in New York, Tori and Frankito were reading something, Stella was walking with Ramona and Roxy, Joey and Cadence were walking over to the Woolly Mammoth.
Jake read the board, "Hey guys, check this out. "The body of this mammoth was found perfectly preserved in the Siberian tundra with food still in its mouth and stomach, indicating that it froze instantly while grazing."
"Hey Stella now's your moment, get the fur!" Frankito yelled laughing hard and Stella grinned. She climbed over the barrier and walked toward the glass, "There's no way through, I should break it!" she said. Ramona gasped, "Stella get down now!"
"Hey you kids what the hell do you think you are doing!" The museum steward yelled. He grabbed Stella down.
"Get off me asshole!" She yelled and Frankito came to her aid, "Get of my friend you idiot!"
"Get out! Get out! GET OUT!!" He yelled and they ran out of the building laughing.
It was still raining heavily outside and they caught a cab back to the apartment.
"It's been raining like this for three days now." Jake observed staring out of the window. "Hey Roxy come on let's go jam this DVD and drum to it, are you coming Joey?" she asked. Joey smiled and got up to follow them into the room.
In the room there were a couple of guitars and Joey picked one up, "Do you mind?" he asked Cadence and she shook her head giving him the 'you don't need to ask' look. "Sure go ahead, in fact, play me something from your band!"
Roxy shrugged and called in Frankito who also picked up a guitar. They played their latest one, 'Out of Mind, Out of Sight' which attracted everyone into the room to watch. Joey stole a glance at Roxy who was lost in her drumming, a look of pleasure on her face. The song was about a guy or girl who was so lost in his own mind about a girl or guy he/she liked, and that the girl/guy was out of his league.
Remind you of anyone?
When they finished a bummed out looking Stella left the room and Frankito went after her. Roxy put on the Simple Plan DVD and sat on the drum stool, while Cadence got her guitar and began strumming to Surrender as Roxy banged away. Joey went out and returned with drinks. He looked out of the window at the street below and noticed that there was water gushing on to the road from the man holes.
New York was going to flood.

Will Elisa and Her team manage to save everyone before it's too late?
Will the Vice President listen to her now that she has proof?
Will Joey, Roxy, Frankito, Stella, Jake and Ramona get the train okay or will the tracks be flooded?
How deep will the water get?
How deep is Joeys love for Roxy?
Will Roxy notice?
Will Stella get Frankito to notice her for more than a friend?
Or will Frankito and Tori hook up?
What is going to happen to the world now that the North Atlantic Current is finite? /12/
Find out in Part three of Green Day and Kids in The Day After Tomorrow.