Have You Ever

danced with grace?

— That summer. —

Taylor woke up hearing something being thrown at her window. She unwound herself from her covers and swung her legs over her twin-sized bed, heading over to her closed window. Taylor couldn’t help but smile when she saw Sean standing there, his hands full with small pebbles, which he was using to throw at her window.

“What are you doing?” Taylor called out as she opened up her window, looking down at the tall boy.

Sean looked up at the girl that he had just awoken, dropping the small stones when she called out to him, “Come on a walk with me!” He yelled back, smiling up at his girlfriend.

“But it’s five in the morning!” She yelled, to which Sean only shrugged. Taylor laughed, looking down at the pajamas that she was wearing, “I need to get ready first.” She answered, “I’m rather gross.”

“Impossible.” Sean said, causing a blush to spread across her cheeks.

Taylor ran over to her closet, throwing on a pair of jean shorts and a red tank top. She quickly ran a brush through her hair, tying it up into a messy bun when she was finished. And, after she brushed her teeth and washed her face, Taylor ran down the stairs and out into the front yard.

Sean leaned against Taylor’s mailbox, smiling when he saw Taylor run towards him. He engulfed her in his arms as she ran into his chest, kissing the top of her head as she whispered her hello. As much as he didn’t want to, Sean released the beautiful girl and took hold of her hand, leading her down the street.

Soon the two were almost at the empty Lake Alskling. They could see no one lounging at the beautiful shore, probably because no one wanted to be up around five in the morning.

When Taylor recognized where they were, she instantly released Sean’s hand, “Can we leave?” She asked quickly, taking a step further away from the lake.

Sean looked back at his girlfriend, his face portraying a look of confusion. He looked back at the beautiful lake, suddenly understanding, “Is there where..?” He asked, watching as she nodded softly. Taylor started to walk away, only to be stopped when Sean took hold of her hand, “Wait,” Sean pleaded, “Just… trust me ok?” He asked, watching as Taylor nodded again, willing to follow him down to the sand.

The two slowly walked along the edge of the shore, until Sean stopped walking once they got to the docks, “What are you doing?” Taylor asked cautiously, eyeing the boats that were tied up against the wood.

“Don’t worry,” Sean said, “I’m not taking out on the lake.” He whispered, leaning down to kiss her pink lips. Taylor stood up on her toes, wrapping her arms around his neck as she kissed him back. They stayed like that until Sean pulled away, smiling down at the beautiful girl, “Dance with me?” He asked, taking hold of her hands as she nodded.

Sean led them out to the middle of the dock, spinning Taylor around as the waves crashed against the wood. Taylor smiled, feeling more and more comfortable there, at the lake, with every passing moment. She pressed her body up against his own as the two slowly danced, their movements as graceful as her mother’s swimming.

“For someone so tall,” Taylor started as Sean spun her once more, “How can you dance with such grace?” She asked, stepping towards her boyfriend once more.

He laughed, shrugging as a response.

Soon, the two stopped, their arms still wrapped around each other as they stood frozen on the dock, “Can we…” Taylor whispered, looking out at the calm lake, “Can we go swimming?” She asked.

Sean nodded, pulling off his shirt as Taylor pulled down her shorts. Taylor watched as Sean headed out towards the lake, pulling off her tank top as she slowly followed him into the water. Sean waited for her, holding out his hand as the two walked further into the lake.

Eventually, only Sean was able to stand, the water coming up at Taylor’s nose. He held onto her, lifting her head out of the water and leaning into kiss her once more.

And, finally, Taylor felt fine being in the water again. Here, at Lake Alskling, she had lost one loved one, but gained another.
♠ ♠ ♠
final part has a fantastic word count of 734.

and i have completed.