Alone.

Reminiscing.

I sat on one end of the see-saw; the one I'd once childishly claimed as mine. Staring at the empty seat in front of me, I heard the pitter-patter of the rain, and felt the raindrops slowly drench my hair and clothes. I didn't move an inch; gazing at the drooping daffodils, as I reminisced about the painful memories.

About everything we'd been through together. The good times, the bad times. The best times, the worst times. Everything. Yet, the scariest part of it all wasn't the abruptness, or the shock. It was the simplicity of it all. How such a simple thing could affect me so much; how such a complicated thing could be explained in such simple terms.

I'd blocked people out for so long, so why did I ever let him enter my bubble? Why didn't I ignore him, like I did to the rest of them? How did he break through my fortress? I knew I was vulnerable. I knew I could get hurt again. So why did I trust him, out of all people? What was so different about him?

He'd changed me. He'd turned my entire life around. He'd shown me a new perspective towards life; where everything was beautiful, and every little disaster was a blessing in disguise. He'd taught me that even without a family by my side, there was still a reason to live. That there was still hope.

So I'd trusted him. I'd given him every ounce of trust I had left. I'd trusted him, when he said he'd forever be with me. I'd listened to him, when he said he'd never leave me. I’d relied on him, when he said he’d always protect me. I’d believed him, when he said I’d never have to shed another tear. And deep down, I'd been praying; wishing that our little dream really would come true, and that I'd never be alone again.

I guess life doesn't always give you lemons.

I slowly got up, the raindrops in my hair dripping onto my back, and sauntered out of what we'd once declared ours; the local park playground. The place he'd taken me to every so often, if I ever needed a pick-me-up. The place where we shared most of our memories together. The place where I'd lost track of time and reality over and over again. The last place we were together, before he left.

I was sure to catch a cold that night; I was completely soaked. But I didn't care; I couldn't. Not now. Not when the one person I'd known longer than anyone else; the one who'd changed my entire life; the one who'd kept me alive; I'd been living for, was now gone.

I took slow steps towards my unoccupied home, which was just down the road; I knew I couldn't stay out here forever. I'd begun to love the rain in the past week, though; no one was ever around, and yet, I felt like I wasn't crying alone. I looked up at the dark, vast sky, and smiled weakly, as if to myself.

"Say hi to mom and dad for me," I whispered, before going back inside, and shutting the door behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Something I wrote for English class. :/