Blurry

2/3

Gerard watched the boy intently- He ran in circles, laughing that innocent childish laugh he loved. Gerard smiled, reminiscing on the times in which it'd be him that ran until he could no more with the boy. The boy never ran out of energy, ever. Something Gerard once took as a curse, now however- a blessing. He turned his gaze to the woman who was calling Thomas back inside.

"Tom! Come on rascal time to get ready for Daddy coming. He'll be here soon" Tom ran through the doors eagerly. Gerard decided he no longer liked the woman. After all, she stole him from him; just like the others.

Gerard sighed massaging his temples. Now was not the time- he had to prepare for her. She posed his greatest opposition, the only possible flaw in his plan, he had to be convincing, charming and above all the perfect father figure. He had to get this right.

Taking one last puff on his cigarette, Gerard got out the car stomping it out. He swung back and forth on his feet before walking towards the fiery red doors. The whole building screamed energy, coated in its optimistic shades of primary colored paint, he smiled relaxing around the welcoming atmosphere. He let the smile take over his face and joined the parents that gathered around the familiar doors.

They all wore matching smiles, all covering the stress and fatigue brought on by everyday life. Most in conversation with others around him, Gerard looked behind him searching for the black jaguar he feared would appear too quick. No sign. He turned back, a random woman smiled at him, his grin stretched further on his face in a way of greeting.

The doors opened and out poured the children, different heights and sizes, different skin tones and facial expressions. None of them his. He searched panicked, where was he. He felt his heart pumping faster, his face losing color. He wanted to scream at the top of the lungs. His movements become sharp and twisting, none of the other parents seemed to notice, all of them far too occupied by the toddlers crowding around their feet.

Gerard pushed through the crowd, up to the doors where he met the old lady helping Tom with his coat. Gerard let out a deep breath he didn't even realize he was holding in. The woman looked up and Gerard quickly let the smile appear, cursing himself on the inside for forgetting.

"Hello Gerard, they letting you take him out for a while now?" She asked in greeting. The little boy rocketed towards the man clad in skinny jeans and an anthrax t-shirt. Gerard engulfed the small boy in a hug, the emotion really taking its toll on him. By now, all the other parents had evacuated the area, which Gerard was thankful for. Tom started crying, Gerard rubbed up and down his back soothingly.

"Hey little guy, I missed you" He whispered into the young ones ear.

"I missed you too daddy." Gerard shivered, and pulled the boy closer. He looked once more at the old woman. Mrs Noble was her name he recalled.

"Yes, took them long enough too" Gerard chuckled, reminding himself of the old him. The charismatic, charming, lively man.

"That's great to hear, I'll let you get away, eh? Have fun Tom!" She called out, and Gerard retreated, carrying the small boy to his car.

___________________________________________________
Gerard was glad to have finally made it to his studio. Frank was the only one who knew of this place, it was perfect. He hushed the small and excited boy inside, out of the view of the neighbors. He planned on sparing little time for this place, he had to hurry. He put down the car keys on the table beside the door.

"Tom, would you like to play in that room while daddy changes?" he offered the younger, who nodded enthusiastically up noticing a pen and pad of paper. Gerard stood back to watch him once more, a small smile on his face. He missed Thomas more than he first thought; a lot more. He was the spring in his step, the one that opened out Gerard's responsibility, the one that kept him living without his lady. Gerard bit down on his lip, fighting back the tears. He wouldn't cry. No, he had to priorities.

Rushing through to the bedroom, Gerard pulled out a dark denim pair of jeans, and a maroon colored hoodie. He wasted no time to pull out a cigarette as he usually did. Gerard knew now was not the time to be predictable. No, he had to fight every urge and instinct he had trusted throughout his twenty fours on earth.

He re-entered the main room, scooping up the boy into his arms. "That's a pretty picture, Tom" He complimented, finding a page of black incoherent scribbles.

"Its for you, Dad!" The boy announced, a toothy grin covering his face.

"Me? Thank you." he said chuckling at the naivety of the boy. "Come on then, we need to go"

"Ooh! Where are we going?" The boy said bouncing up and down a little. Gerard laughed,

"Well that would ruin the surprise wouldn't it" Tom perked up, becoming giddy at the prospect of a surprise.

"Let's go, hurry up dad!" the boy whined.

"Gimme a sec, Kay?" Gerard picked up the discarded pen and paper, writing a small note on it. The two of them left, only slowing down whilst Gerard locked the door and wedged the note in between the letterbox.

___________________________________________________
Frank was in a panic. His movements were quick and clumsy, causing him to drop the receiver as he tried to return it to the dock. He had just came off the phone to the police. Gerard has collected Tom from school. He ran his hands through his hair, as he began to pace.

He had always collected Tom five or ten minutes after the bell rang for home time. Something the teacher, Mrs. Noble had insisted was no trouble. His work always managed to get in the way of his personal life, and when he had been given custody of his son, he decided he had no choice but to put a stop to that. He had broken that promise suffice to say.

The police agreed to meet him outside the home of Gerard Way. Normally, they would not, but due to the circumstances and of course the statement being produced by Mrs. Amelia Noble to confirm it was indeed Gerard who picked up his son. The police all huddled around the entrance to the building, a few armed officers being sent in first. Frank sat on the hood of his car, politely declining the offer of coffee by the officer awaiting his team alongside him.

He heard shouting, unsurprisingly though most came from the opened doors of Gerard's neighbors complaining. They probably expect this is a drug raid which was proven in a matter of seconds as the old ladies living on the corner shouted at the officers that Mr. Way was one of the most harmless creatures in the block, followed by the proclamation that he hadn't gone near drugs in sometime. He chuckled slightly as the same irritated neighbors agreed whilst managing to call Gerard a pussy.

The officer turned to Frank, "They're only going to start causing trouble from there selves at this rate." Frank nodded, nothing coherent leaving his parted lips though.

"Do you know of anywhere else they could have gone, just in case. Missing children's cases are red alert, we need to open all leads possible, asap." He asked, with some explanation as he turned to see the detective jogging over to him.

"No sign of Way, or the child." The detective was dressed in a suit, his top button left undone on his shirt. He looked youthful and rather inexperienced, Frank decided. His hands ran through his short hair, revealing his irritation before he repeated the question the officer had. Frank's face screwed up trying to think of somewhere where they could've ran to.

"The studio!" He proclaimed, almost hitting himself wondering why he hadn't thought of it before. He quickly informed the two of the location, before hopping in his Jaguar and sped off to the address, four police cars and a riot van in tow.

Making it to the studio, they wasted no time in running up the driveway, Frank taking the lead to which none of the men in uniform had anything to say. He pulled the note from the door and dodged the detective as he pushed past knocking on the door harshly. Finding himself distracted by the men who were planning to ram the door in a matter of moments, he found himself ignoring the note for the moment.

The officers did as promised and Frank watched as the door was knocked from its hinges with awe, as they all swooped around the room looking for any trace of recent movement inside. The men destroyed the small studio quickly. Couches were overturned, The television shattered, not to mention all Gerard's work being trampled over. Frank felt a pang of guilt as he watched the canvas being broke through, pencils snapped and paper ripped by the feet rushing chaotically around the room. If it had not been such a dire matter, he was sure he would have made some protest to the destructive dismemberment of his ex-best friend's studio. Although he kept his mouth closed, this time hoping to God, it would be the last.

It was then he remembered the paper he had pocketed, the note pinned to the door. He pulled it out, his eyes scanning the half page narrowing at the two words scrawled in Gerard's unruly handwriting.

Gone Fishing.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments? (: