‹ Prequel: Disregard the Lies

Do I Dream Again

Två

“Are you serious?” Kristina asked excitedly. “You really know someone that could be my flower girl?” she asked Sadie. Henrik started laughing at how happy Kristina looked at the moment when thirty seconds before, she seemed like she wanted to kill someone.

Sadie nodded her head. “Yep,” she told her. “Kyra’s daughter, Sophia. I’m sure Kyra will have no problem letting her be your flower girl.”

“Do you think Sophia will be okay with being the flower girl, though?” Henrik spoke up, looking at Sadie. She looked at him confusedly, trying to figure out what he was talking about. But, then everything became clear for her. He was worried that if she was around men that she didn’t know that Sophia would turn into the shy little girl.

“I think she’d be okay. I mean, she’s just walking down the aisle and throwing flowers. I’m sure she’d love to do that. And, besides, I’ll be up at the front, along with you and Jonathan,” Sadie told him. “She should be fine.”

“I’m so confused right now,” Kristina said, not knowing anything about Sophia’s fear or about Kyra ever being attacked by her ex-boyfriend.

Sadie glanced at Henrik, wondering what she should tell Kristina. She finally decided to go with the truth, knowing Kyra would understand, and she knew she could trust Kristina. After finishing the story, Sadie looked up at Kristina whose jaw was dropped. “Yeah, that’s what happened,” Sadie said.

“Oh my God,” Kristina said quietly. “I didn’t even know.”

“Well, it’s not like we advertised it all over the place or anything,” Sadie told her.

“How’s Kyra doing now?” Kristina asked.

Before Sadie answered, she noticed Henrik paying more attention to what she was about to say. It was obvious he wanted to know how Kyra was doing, too. “She’s doing okay,” Sadie answered honestly. “I don’t think she’s completely over it yet. She says she refuses to date ever again,” she added with a laugh, and she looked over towards Henrik to gauge his reaction. “And, she thinks that she’s ruined Sophia’s life, but she’s doing okay.”

“And, what about you?” Kristina asked Henrik.

“What about me?” he asked, wondering what she was talking about.

“Well, it’s obvious that you like Kyra. Why aren’t you over there right now trying to persuade her to go on a date with you?” Kristina questioned.

“What?” Henrik asked.

“Don’t act oblivious,” Kristina chastised. “I saw how interested you were when I asked how Kyra was. And, then when Sadie said Kyra never wants to date again. Face it, Hank, you’re in love,” Kristina sang.

Henrik was about to respond when the front door opened and Valtteri walked through, placing a bag in Kristina’s hand and giving her a kiss. “Thank you,” Kristina said, a wide smile on her face as she opened the bag up.

“You’re kidding me, right?” Henrik questioned when he saw what was in the bag. “Let me get this straight. I’ve been waiting on you for the last forty-five minutes because you had to go get something for Kristina. And, it ends up being ice cream?”

Sadie started laughing at the whole situation. “Aw, Val, you went out and got Kristina ice cream? Where can I find a man like you?” she asked jokingly.

“You already have one,” Kristina replied, and Sadie gave her a confused look. “Fabio,” she stated, and Sadie had to bite back a laugh at hearing Jonathan’s old nickname. “We’ve just got to get him to quit acting like a dumbass right now,” she said with a shrug of her shoulders. “How’s that coming along, by the way?” she asked, looking up at Valtteri.

“Can we go back to Val going out and getting you ice cream?” Henrik requested. “Couldn’t you go out and get it yourself.”

“I was working on plans for the wedding, and Val volunteered,” Kristina explained.

“You are whipped,” Henrik told Valtteri.

“At least he’s got a girl,” Kristina smirked. “You’re completely in love with Kyra, and have you even asked her out on a date?” she asked.

“Wait,” Valtteri said, confused. “Kyra? Kyra Rivers? The Ice Girl?” he asked.

“Yeah,” Kristina said, nodding. “Our little Hank is growing up and falling in love. But, he won’t admit it, nor will he ask the girl out on a date.”

“Kristina, stop,” Henrik ordered.

“So,” Kristina continued, ignoring Henrik. “While you’re working on Fabio, you might want to work on Hank, too,” she told Valtteri.

“Can we get out of here?” Henrik asked.

“I will get the two of you together,” Kristina promised Henrik, kissing Valtteri as he stood up. “I’ll see you later. I love you,” she told him as he and Henrik walked out the door.

“Look at you,” Sadie said as the door shut behind the two men. “You’re planning a wedding and you’re working your matchmaking skills. What can’t you do?” she asked jokingly.

“Um, I can’t keep a flower girl,” Kristina laughed. “Oh, and don’t you worry. While I’m making sure that Hank gets the girl of his dreams, I’m making sure you’re getting the guy of your dreams, too. You and Fabio will be back together before my wedding,” she promised.

“You sound like Kyra now,” Sadie laughed. “She said the same thing.”

“Good,” Kristina said with a smile. “Maybe I can get her to help me.”

“You’re going to need a lot of help if you’re thinking you can actually get me and Jon back together,” Sadie sighed.

“Don’t underestimate me,” Kristina told her. “And, what’s going on between Hank and Kyra, anyways? I mean, it’s obvious that he’s completely smitten with her. How does she feel about him? I know you said that she says she’s never going to date again, but how likely is it that that is true?” Kristina inquired.

“If anyone can get her out of this, it’s Hank,” Sadie told her. “And, she’s totally smitten with him, too. But, she won’t admit it. And, besides, Sophia is completely comfortable around Hank, too. So, there goes her excuse for not going out with him. Hank just needs to ask her out. I know she’d say yes. But, for some reason he won’t.”

“I think it’s his past,” Kristina said. “He’s been hurt before, and I don’t think he’s ready to step up and give his heart away so quickly again,” she told her.

“Give his heart away?” Sadie asked. “The boy just needs to ask her out on a simple date!” she laughed.

“I’ll work on it,” Kristina told her. “But, in the meantime, I have a wedding to plan. And, first on my list is finding a flower girl,” she said, grabbing her cell phone and finding Kyra’s number. She waited on her to answer. “Hey, Kyra. It’s Kristina,” she said.

“Hey, Kristina. What’s up?” Kyra asked.

“Well, to make a long story short, the girl that was originally going to be my flower girl can’t make it, and I was trying to think of someone else and Sadie suggested Sophia. I was wondering what you would think about that?”

“Well,” Kyra began, and Kristina knew she was reluctant on the matter. “I’m just worried…it’s just…Sophia is…” she tried, not knowing how to word it properly.

“I understand,” Kristina said. “It’s no problem.”

“Give me the phone,” Sadie ordered, and Kristina instantly handed her the phone.

“Kyra, listen, I already told Kristina everything with Lance,” she told her best friend. “Don’t be mad at me.”

“I’m not,” Kyra said.

“And, I really think Soph would have fun being the flower girl. And, the whole shyness thing was already brought up, and I really think she’ll be fine. I’ll be up there, and so will Hank and Jon, and she’s fine with them.”

“Let me talk to Kristina,” Kyra told her, and Sadie transferred the phone back into Kristina’s hands. “Kristina, I’m sure Sophia would love to be your flower girl,” she told her.

“Are you sure?” Kristina asked. “If not, I’m sure I can find someone. Val probably knows someone.”

“No, Sophia will do it.”

“Thanks, Kyra,” Kristina said sincerely.

“No problem. I’ve got to go, though. I’ll talk to you later.”

“Bye,” Kristina said, hanging up the phone. “Well, that’s one problem solved,” she said with a smile as her phone began ringing in her hands. She picked it up without looking at the caller id. After some yelling and a few choice words, Kristina finally hung up.

“What’s wrong?” Sadie asked, knowing that whatever she was just told wasn’t good news.

“You’re not going to cancel on me for the wedding, are you?” Kristina asked.

“No,” Sadie said with a laugh. “Why?”

“One of my bridesmaids just cancelled. She’s an old friend from college, and apparently something just happened to come up, not that she would tell me what, so I know she’s lying. Anyways, I’ve now got to find another bridesmaid,” Kristina explained.

“I don’t think there’s a store for that, either,” Sadie said with a laugh, thinking back to what Kristina had said when she found out she no longer had a flower girl.

“That’s okay,” Kristina said. “I’ve got a backup plan for this one,” she said with a smile on her face.

“And, that would be?”

“Kyra,” she stated. “Come on, it makes perfect sense. She’s both Val’s and my friend. She’s not going to be one of those bridesmaids who complains about everything. And, it’ll be much easier to get her and Hank together if they have to spend a lot of time together, like they would have to if she’s a bridesmaid, since he’s a groomsman,” she explained.

“So, really, you’re picking Kyra to be your bridesmaid so you can hook her and Hank up?” Sadie asked with a laugh.

“Exactly.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Just so you all know, Fabio really is Jonathan Ericsson’s nickname. I couldn’t come up with something that great on my own!

And, I just wanted to say thanks for all the subscribers and the comments. I love hearing what you have to say!