‹ Prequel: Disregard the Lies

Do I Dream Again

Fyra

“I can’t believe you’re going to be Kristina’s bridesmaid,” Sadie said for about the tenth time since Kyra had told her. They were currently headed over to Kristina’s place for some sort of meeting about the wedding. They weren’t too sure what this meeting entailed, but Kristina had called them about an hour before, asking them to come over.

“Do you really not want me to be a bridesmaid that badly?” Kyra asked as Sadie turned the corner. “I mean, you won’t let it go.”

“No, of course I want you to be a bridesmaid,” Sadie told her. “It’s just you were so adamant about not being a bridesmaid. Kristina said that you kept telling her no when she asked you. So, what changed your mind?” Sadie asked.

Kyra thought about it for a moment, debating whether she wanted to tell Sadie the real reason she had changed her mind. Deciding the truth was bound to come out eventually, she figured she’d tell her the whole story. “Well, Hank came over to my place,” Kyra began, but she stopped when Sadie looked over at her with a knowing smirk on her face. “What?” Kyra questioned.

“So, Hank made you change your mind?” she asked, raising her eyebrows at her best friend.

“No,” Kyra said defensively. “And, if you’d let me finish my story, you’d know that,” she added.

“Fine, finish,” Sadie told her, stopping at a red light. Kyra proceeded to tell her exactly what had happened. “So, Hank used Sophia to change your mind?”

“Yeah, I guess,” Kyra said.

“So, Hank made you change your mind,” Sadie stated, going back to her original conclusion, as Kyra rolled her eyes at her. She opened her mouth to protest, but then she saw that they were already at Kristina’s, and she decided to just forfeit the battle. “Aw, he’s already influencing your decisions. You’ve got it bad for him,” Sadie told her.

“No, I don’t,” Kyra argued, slamming her door shut. “You sound just like Kristina.”

Sadie didn’t say anything as the two walked up the flight of stairs to the apartment. Kyra rang the doorbell, and they were met by Val. “Hey, Val, you here to help us with the plans today?” Sadie asked him.

“At least for a little while,” he told her, moving aside so the two girls could get inside the apartment. “Until I get bored, then I’m out of here,” he added.

“Nice,” Kyra told him with a laugh as she looked into the living room area to see Henrik and Jonathan both sitting on the couch with Kristina. She immediately looked over at Sadie, gauging her reaction to having Jonathan there. She knew they hadn’t talked too much since their breakup, and she also knew Sadie was still in love with him, and seeing him here right now had to hurt her. “Hey, guys,” Kyra smiled at the three of them, and they all reciprocated her greeting. She looked over at Sadie once again to see her practically frozen in place. She nudged her arm and Sadie seemed to snap out of whatever daze she was in.

“Hey,” she told them, making her way over and sitting down next to Kristina, the seat that was across from Jonathan. Val took the seat on the other side of Kristina, leaving Kyra the seat in between Henrik and Jonathan. She knew what they were doing, and she fought the urge to roll her eyes at how obvious they were.

“So, we’re all here to discuss…?” Kyra asked, looking at Kristina.

“The wedding, of course,” Kristina told her.

“Please tell me you’re not going to be one of those brides that has to have every little detail planned out way ahead in advance. And, then if one little thing doesn’t go as planned you’re going to throw a bitch fit,” Kyra told her. “Because if that’s the case, I’m not going to be your bridesmaid. I’m going to go back home, and lounge around,” she said with a smile, letting Kristina know that she was only kidding.

“Do I look like the crazy, obsessive bride?” Kristina asked.

“Well, no, but you never know how people get when they’re the bride. Have you never seen Bridezillas?” she asked her.

Henrik looked over at her. “What is with you women and that show?” he asked, remembering Sadie say something about that show previously.

“Have you never seen it?” Kyra asked him. “Seriously, it’s one of the funniest shows ever. But, I’m pretty sure if I was ever a part of a wedding like that, I would either smack the bride or just refuse to put up with her and walk out.” She heard everyone start laughing at her, and she looked around at them. “What?” she asked.

“Nothing,” Sadie told her. “So, why are we all here?” she asked, looking at Kristina.

“Val and I just wanted to go over a couple of things. First of all, I just wanted to let you know who’s walking down the aisle with who. Now, obviously, the whole bridal party’s not here, but I’ve already filled Ilari and Shannon in,” Kristina told them, referring to Valtteri’s brother, Ilari, and Kristina’s oldest friend, Shannon, who was flying in from Australia.

“Okay,” everyone said.

“Shannon and Ilari are the maid of honor and the best man, so they’ll obviously go down together,” Kristina began. “And, then, we’ll have Fabio and,” she said before she was interrupted.

“Can you please not call me that?” Jonathan cut in. “Can you not just call me Jonathan or Jon or even Ericsson? Why Fabio?”

“Because I like calling you Fabio,” Kristina replied with a smile. “Now, back to what I was saying,” she said with a laugh, knowing Jonathan was angry at her answer. “Fabio will be with Sadie, leaving Hank and Kyra,” she finished.

Sadie and Jonathan both began protesting at the same time, knowing it wouldn’t be the best idea to have them walk down the aisle together. “Kristina,” Sadie began.

“Listen, I know you guys aren’t exactly on the best terms right now. And, I don’t care if you think I’m going all Bridezilla on you or not. It’s my wedding, and I want you guys to walk down the aisle together. What’s the big deal anyways? You’ll be standing next to each other for what, thirty seconds while you walk down the aisle? Can you two not just suck it up and do it for me?” Kristina asked.

Sadie and Jonathan looked at each other and then back at Kristina. “Fine,” they both sighed at the same time.

“Thank you,” Kristina told them, as she continued talking about the wedding for a little while longer. She saw that Sadie and Jonathan were obviously avoiding each other, not responding when the other said something and not looking at each other. “Okay, this is ridiculous!” she finally exclaimed.

“What?” Henrik asked, not knowing what she was talking about.

“Sadie and Fabio. This is stupid. You can’t keep avoiding each other for the rest of your lives. I don’t know what your problem is. I get that you two broke up, and I’m sorry about that. I really am. I think you guys made a mistake for doing it, but it’s obvious that you two aren’t even going to try to talk things out and get back together. But, can’t you even be civilized instead of sitting here like five year olds and ignoring each other?”

Sadie looked over at her with wide eyes. She knew that Kristina was her and Jonathan’s biggest supporter, and she had been upset when they had broken up. But, she hadn’t expected her to explode on them like that.

“I have to say I agree with her,” Kyra spoke up. “You two need to sit down and just talk everything out. Come to an understanding or make a truce or something. This is really getting out of hand.”

“Why don’t we give them some time alone,” Valtteri suggested, and the three others immediately agreed.

“I’m not asking you two to get back together, though I wouldn’t complain about that,” Kristina told them as they made their way to the door. “Just talk.” She followed the others outside, shutting the door behind her, hoping that the two of them could just work everything out.

Sadie just sat there, staring at Jonathan, waiting on him to say something first. She didn’t know what exactly Kristina expected of them, but she figured the least they could do was be civil towards each other, if only for the sake of their friends. It wasn’t really fair to them that they ignored each other, especially when they were going to be spending a lot of time together, at least until Kristina and Val’s wedding was over.

“So,” Jonathan began, and Sadie looked over at him. “I guess we should talk.”

“Yeah, we should,” Sadie agreed.

“Sadie, I don’t really know what to say. You hurt me,” he told her, deciding he should be honest and let all of his feelings he had been holding inside out. It could only be beneficial for both himself and for Sadie. “You lied, and I don’t know why you felt you couldn’t trust me. You could have told me the truth from the beginning. I would have understood.”

“Would you have?” Sadie questioned. “Think about it, Jon. I was only an Ice Girl so that I could get a story. I couldn’t tell anyone. And, if I would have told you, you wouldn’t have been able to tell anyone either.”

“I could have kept the secret, Sadie. I would have done anything for you. I loved you, Sadie!” Jonathan exclaimed.

“Loved?” she asked. “As in past tense?”

“What do you want me to say, Sadie?” Jonathan asked.

“I want you to say you still love me, Jon,” she answered truthfully. “Because I still love you,” she stated. She couldn’t believe that she had just confessed that to him, but she figured it couldn’t hurt at this point. He deserved to know how she really felt. “I never stopped loving you. I’m sorry that I lied to you and that you had to find out the way you did. I’m sorry for everything, Jon. I really am. But, I still love you,” she repeated.

He looked into her eyes, and he could tell that she was being truthful, and he decided she deserved the same from him. “I still love you, too,” he admitted, closing the gap between them. He put a hand on the back of her head, pulling her close and pressing his lips to hers.

Sadie hadn’t realized how much she had missed that feeling until she was kissing him once again. His tongue slipped into her mouth, and both of them fought for dominance. She put her hands on his chest, feeling his muscles as he put his hands on the small of her back, slowly going underneath her shirt, lifting his hands higher. “I think we need to go somewhere else,” Jonathan said, briefly breaking their kiss.

Sadie looked up at him curiously. “What?” she asked.

“As much as I’d love to take you right here, right now, I think you need to remember where we’re at,” Jonathan told her, and Sadie started laughing as she realized they were standing in Kristina and Val’s apartment. “Let’s go back to my place,” he told her. “It’s closer,” he added before reconnecting their lips. Sadie nodded her head as he quickly led her out to his car.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is for all you Sadie/Jon supporters out there.
I hope you enjoyed it =)