‹ Prequel: Disregard the Lies

Do I Dream Again

Sex

Kyra continued to stare at Henrik. “I can’t believe you freaking knew that Jon had a girlfriend, and you didn’t say anything!” she exclaimed. “What the hell is wrong with you?”

“It wasn’t my place to say anything,” Henrik argued.

“My best friend is heartbroken right now, and you could have prevented that,” Kyra told him, crossing her arms across her chest.

“No, I couldn’t have,” Henrik told her. “Kyra, I didn’t say anything because it wasn’t my place to say anything. I didn’t think Jon was going to go and sleep with Sadie!”

“I am going to kill the both of you,” Kyra told him, narrowing her eyes at him.

“Why are you getting so worked up about this?” Henrik questioned.

“Sadie’s my best friend. I’ve been pushing her and Jon together this entire time, and now I’ve come to find out that he has a girlfriend!” Kyra exclaimed. “What do you expect me to do? Just say it’s fine? No, Hank, I’m pissed off right now!”

“Why are you so worried about their relationship and not your own?” Henrik asked.

“What are you talking about?” Kyra asked.

“You’re so involved in Jon and Sadie’s relationship, and yet you don’t even worry about your own.”

“I’m not in a relationship with anyone! Hell, I haven’t even went on a date with anyone since Lance!” Kyra exclaimed, wondering why he was even bringing that up. He knew that she wasn’t with anyone.

“Maybe we should change that,” Henrik told her.

“What?” Kyra asked, but before she could even attempt to comprehend what he had just said, Henrik’s lips were suddenly on hers. Kyra didn’t know how to react at first, not having had kissed anyone in months. But, her instincts quickly took over, and she reciprocated the kiss, wrapping her arms around his neck without even thinking about it.

They slowly pulled away, and Henrik looked down at Kyra. His eyes suddenly went wide, as if his brain had just registered what he had done. “I’m sorry, Kyra,” he immediately said. “I shouldn’t have done that. I know that after everything with Lance…”

“Hank,” Kyra interrupted, a small smile appearing on her face at seeing him this flustered. She’d never seen him like this. He was usually the calm collected guy, but right now, he didn’t seem to know how to respond to what he had just done. “It’s fine,” she assured him.

“No,” he said, shaking his head. “I know what Lance did to you. And, I know you didn’t want to date. And, then I just…”

“Hank!” she interjected. “It’s fine,” she repeated, leaning up on her tip toes and kissing him lightly. “Really,” she insisted, and then she started laughing.

“What?” he asked slowly, wondering what had caused the sudden burst of laughter.

“I’m sorry,” she said in between her laughs. “It’s just, Sadie and Kristina have been telling me all along,” she told him, and he just looked even more confused by her statement. “They’ve been telling me it’s you, that you’re the one that I should be with. And, I kept telling them no. And, now look! I’m kissing you, and I’m liking it! And, I’m liking you! And, you’re so good with Sophia. And, I just don’t get how I didn’t figure it out sooner,” she continued rambling on and on.

Henrik tried multiple times to interrupt her, but she continued talking. Not knowing any other way to get her to stop talking, he leaned forward, pressing his lips to hers. She pulled away, a smile on her face. “I guess that’s your way of getting me to shut up?” she asked him.

“Sorry,” he apologized. “And, somewhere in that rant, did I hear you admit that you like me?” he asked her, smiling.

Kyra bit her lip, embarrassed that she had admitted it out loud. Not that it wasn’t like he didn’t know that already when she had kissed him back. “Yeah, you did. I like you,” she told him, looking at the ground.

“I like you, too,” he told her, putting his hand under her chin, causing her to look up at him. “I guess Kristina was right all along. She kept telling me that I should ask you out, that we should be together. In fact, she said she was going to get us together,” he added with a laugh.

“So, are you going to?” Kyra asked him.

“What?” he asked, confused.

“You said Kristina told you to ask me out. Are you going to?” she clarified.

Henrik smiled at her. “Kyra, would you like to go out to dinner with me tomorrow night?” he asked her.

“Can we switch it to another night?” she asked hopefully. “Sophia has a ballet recital tomorrow night, and I can’t miss it.”

“Is there any way you can get an extra ticket?” he asked her.

Kyra looked up at him, an amused expression on her face. “You want to go to Sophia’s dance recital?” she questioned, and he nodded his head. “Yeah, I can get another ticket. But, are you sure you want our first date to involve my daughter?” she asked him.

“Kyra, I know Sophia’s a part of your life, the biggest part of your life, in fact. And, if I’m dating you, then that means she’s going to be a part of my life, too. But, to answer your question, yes, I want to go to the dance recital. And, afterwards, if it’s okay with you and Sophia, maybe we can all go out to dinner somewhere,” he suggested.

“You’re amazing, you know that?” she asked him, and he smiled at her. “I would love that. And, I can already tell you that Sophia would love to go out to dinner afterwards. She loves you. Thank you,” she added.

“For what?”

“For being so nice, so caring, so considerate. For actually thinking of my daughter. For everything,” she told him, softly kissing him. “But, don’t think that this means I’m still not going to kill you for not saying anything about Jonathan having a girlfriend,” she added jokingly.

“Do we really have to talk about that right now?” Henrik asked.

“You’re lucky that I have to go pick up Sophia right now from ballet,” Kyra informed him. “I’ll call you later with the details on the recital for tomorrow.”

“Okay,” Henrik told her, giving her a kiss goodbye.

***

Kyra knocked on Sadie’s door, Sophia standing next to her. Sadie opened the door, plastering a smile on her face when she saw Sophia, but Kyra could tell she had been crying. “Sophia! Hey!” Sadie exclaimed. “What are you two doing here?”

“Mommy said she had to come talk to you,” Sophia informed her.

Sadie lifted her head, seeing Kyra nod in agreement. “Sophia, why don’t you go watch tv, if that’s okay with Sadie.”

“Of course it’s okay,” Sadie told her, walking over to the couch and grabbing the remote to turn it onto a channel that had cartoons on it. As soon as they saw that Sophia was settled in, they moved over to the table, sitting down across from each other. “What did you need to talk to me about?” Sadie asked her.

“So, I went to go find Jonathan and kick his ass,” Kyra began.

“Kyra!” Sadie exclaimed. “I told you to leave it alone!”

“Well, I went to Hank’s after I went to Jonathan’s when he didn’t answer because that was the only place I could think of. But, he wasn’t there.”

“Wait a minute,” Sadie interrupted. “Did you go to Hank’s to try to find Jon or did you go there because you wanted to see Hank?” she smirked.

“Will you let me finish!” Kyra exclaimed.

“Sorry, go ahead.”

“Well, I told Hank that I was looking for Jon and he asked me why. So, I told him what he did to you, and he didn’t seem too surprised. It turns out that Hank knew all along that Jonathan had a girlfriend,” Kyra told her. After a few moments, she looked over at Sadie. “Don’t you have anything to say about that?” she asked.

Sadie shrugged her shoulders. “Not really. What should I say? I mean, I’m not that surprised that Hank knew, him and Jon are really good friends.”

“You’re not mad at Hank for not saying anything?”

“Why would he say anything? I mean, there was no reason for him to say anything,” Sadie pointed out. “There’s more to this story, isn’t there?” she asked Kyra.

Kyra nodded her head. “Hank and I may have gotten together after that,” she told her.

“May have?” Sadie asked with a laugh. “Okay, I want details. Now,” she told her. Kyra went on to explain everything that had happened at Hank’s, from the kiss to him asking her out on a date. “He’s going to Soph’s ballet recital?” Sadie asked. “That has got to be the sweetest thing ever!”

“Yeah, it is,” Kyra agreed, smiling.

“Where can I find a guy like him?” Sadie asked her.

“I’ll let you know if I find any spare ones around,” Kyra joked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?