‹ Prequel: Disregard the Lies

Do I Dream Again

Åtta

Jonathan stood in Henrik’s condominium, still in pain from Kyra kicking him two days beforehand. “Seriously, where does your girl work out?” Jonathan asked him. “Does she take karate lessons or something?”

“I’m pretty sure it’s just the fact that she’s so pissed off at you. And, she took that anger out on you,” Henrik said with a laugh, remembering the way Kyra had kicked him. “What’s going on with you and Sadie anyways? I mean, I thought you were over her. That’s why you started dating Lori, right?” he asked, referring to Jonathan’s girlfriend.

“I still love Sadie. I never stopped loving her,” Jonathan admitted.

“So, why are you still with Lori then?”

“I’m not. I broke up with her,” Jonathan told him. “I just wish I would have done that two weeks ago. Then there wouldn’t have been all this shit with Sadie, and her and I would be back together again.”

“Have you told Sadie that you broke up with Lori and that you want to get back together with her?” Henrik asked.

“Not yet. She won’t talk to me.”

“I can’t say I blame her,” Henrik said, and Jonathan glared at him. “What? You slept with her while you were still with Lori. You can’t blame her for being pissed off at you,” he said as his doorbell rang. He walked over, opening the door, seeing Kyra standing there. He gave her a quick kiss before she walked inside and saw Jonathan there.

She bit the inside of her cheek in order to not say what was on her mind. “Jonathan.”

“Hey, Kyra,” he said, taking a step backwards away from her.

“Kyra, Jon needs to know where Sadie is. He has something to tell her,” Henrik said, walking over to Kyra.

Kyra spun her head around to look at Henrik. “And, you expect me just to tell him where she’s at?” she questioned. “After all the shit he pulled with her?”

“I broke up with my girlfriend,” Jonathan spoke. “I told her that I cheated on her and that I didn’t love her, but I love my ex-girlfriend instead.”

“Well, that’s a start,” Kyra mumbled.

“Kyra, I know that Sadie’s your best friend, and you want to protect her. But, I love her, I really do. I know I messed up, and it doesn’t look like I love her, but I do. I just want to tell her I’m sorry and tell her how I really feel. Please, just tell me where she’s at,” he begged.

Kyra stared at him for a moment, trying to decide if he was being sincere or not. “She’s at home right now,” Kyra sighed. “Go there now, and I’ll call her and make sure she talks to you. But, I swear to God, Jon, if you fuck her over in any way at all, or if I go over there later and find her crying, I will, without hesitation, cut your dick off,” she stated.

Jonathan’s eyes widened at the statement. “I don’t want to hurt her anymore. I love her,” he assured her.

“For your sake, I hope you’re telling the truth,” Kyra said, grabbing her cell phone out of her pocket and dialing Sadie’s number. “Go now. I’ll tell her to talk to you.”

“Thanks, Kyra,” Jonathan called out as he ran out of the condo.

“I better not regret this,” she muttered.

As soon as she hung up the phone, Henrik looked over at her. “Thanks for doing that for Jon,” he told her.

“He seems pretty sincere about getting back together with her. And, I know that Sadie still loves him, even after all the stupid things he’s done. They deserve a chance at happiness. He better not fuck it up, though,” she told him. Henrik smiled at her, and she looked over at him. “What?” she asked suspiciously.

"Nothing,” he said, kissing her temple. “So, where’s Sophia at?”

“You know, sometimes I think you’re only dating me so you get to spend time with my daughter,” she joked.

“You caught me,” Henrik smiled.

“But, seriously, she’s at her ballet class. I have to go pick her up in about an hour,” she told him.

“So, we have a whole hour to ourselves?” Henrik asked, and Kyra nodded her head. “What will we do?” he asked her with a smirk.

“Watch tv,” Kyra replied with a smile, making her way over to his couch and grabbing the remote, turning the television on. Henrik sat down next to her, wrapping his arm around her as they both got comfortable.

***

Sadie shook her head as she sat on her couch. She had just gotten off the phone with Kyra, who had told her that Jonathan was coming over and that she needed to talk to him. She wasn’t ready to talk to Jonathan after everything that had gone on.

But, she couldn’t dwell on it any longer as the doorbell rang. She slowly got up to answer the door. She saw Jonathan on the other side, and she silently moved aside to let him enter. They both stood there in silence for a few moments before Sadie took a deep breath. “What’d you want to talk to me about, Jon?” she asked him.

“I needed to apologize to you,” he told her.

“Okay, you apologized,” Sadie said. “Now, you can go,” she added, motioning towards the door.

“Sadie, I love you!” Jonathan interjected. “I never stopped loving you.”

Sadie spun around to look at him. “How can you say that?” she questioned. “How can you say that you love me? Or that you never stopped loving me? Jon, we both know that’s complete bullshit. You slept with me when you were dating someone else. You don’t love me,” she said, shaking her head as she looked down at the ground.

“Sadie,” he said, but she continued to stare at the ground. Jonathan slowly put his hand to her chin, pushing up so she was looking at him. “I do love you,” he insisted.

“It doesn’t matter,” Sadie told him.

“What do you mean by that?” he questioned. “Sadie, I broke up with my girlfriend. I told her everything, that I slept with you, that I love you, everything. I don’t want to be with her. I want you. Sadie, you’ve got to believe me.”

“Jon, I don’t know how I’m ever supposed to trust you again,” Sadie said truthfully.

“After everything we’ve been through, after all the lies you told, you’re now going to tell me that you don’t trust me?” Jonathan asked incredulously.

“I’m sorry,” Sadie apologized, not knowing what else to do. “Can you just please go?” she begged.

Jonathan looked at her for a few moments before slowly nodding his head. “If that’s what you really want,” he said.

“That’s what I really want,” she said quietly.

***

“What happened?” Kyra asked as soon as Sadie opened the door. She didn’t even bother with a greeting, she just wanted to know what had happened between her and Jonathan.

“What are you talking about?” Sadie asked, intentionally being oblivious.

“Don’t play dumb with me,” Kyra told her. “What happened with Jon. Your eyes aren’t bloodshot, so I’m assuming you haven’t been crying, which means I don’t have to chop his dick off,” she muttered more to herself than Sadie.

Sadie looked at her with wide eyes. “What did you just say?” she questioned.

“Oh, I told Jon that if I came over here and found out that you had been crying because of him, I’d cut his dick off,” Kyra said casually.

“And, deprive the world of mini-Jonathans?” Sadie joked.

“Seriously, what happened?”

“Nothing,” Sadie shrugged. “He apologized, told me he broke up with his girlfriend and that he wanted to get back together.”

“And?” Kyra asked, wanting more information.

“And nothing,” Sadie said. “I told him I couldn’t get back together with him right now because I can’t trust him.”

“Do you love him?” Kyra asked suddenly.

“Of course I love him,” Sadie said without even thinking about it.

“Give him another chance,” Kyra told her.

“Wait a minute. Just a few days ago, you kicked him in the balls and were getting ready to kill him because you hated what he did to me. And, now you’re telling me to give him another chance? I don’t get you sometimes, Kyra. I think Hank’s softened you up a bit,” she added jokingly.

Kyra glared at her. “Shut up!” she laughed. “Seriously, though, I can tell the boy loves you. And, I know you love him. It just makes sense to give him another chance,” Kyra reasoned.

“I can’t yet,” Sadie told her. “I’ve got to trust him before I can date him again.”

“Okay,” Kyra said, nodding her head. “I understand that. Just give it some time, then.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I just wanted to thank you all for reading and for all the comments! I really appreciate them!

Let me know what you think!