My Superman

Chapter One.

Gerard's POV:

When I was growing up, birthdays were special. They were a huge celebration, something to be happy about. For Frank, birthdays were nothing more than an excuse to get presents. He hated the recognition of birthdays, he hated how people he never talked to went out of their way to wish him a happy birthday, he felt that the recognition was inadequate the lesser of a friend you were.

Frank was always the pessimist of the group, finding something to be wrong with or fucked up with any situation we got ourselves into. It seemed as though he was constantly just looking for something to be upset over, looking for something to complain about. Despite the pessimistic attitude he always had, he was compelling, he was confident, he was funny.

And I was in love with him.

I wanted him to be mine, I wanted to be able to hold his hand everywhere we went, kiss him goodnight, hold him all night, wake up to his head on my chest and kiss his forehead, I wanted him to be mine, to be my boyfriend.

And to prove it to him, to prove I was the one for him, I was going to get him the best birthday present ever. Ever since I had met Frank, about six years ago, there was one thing he constantly talked about. A comic book. Batman, The Code: Edition One. It was a limited edition comic book, one that he had been trying to track down since he was thirteen years old, today he was twenty six. Almost half his life he had been searching for this comic book, and now? Now I was going to give it to him.

SInce I had written several comic books a couple years ago, I was granted a pair of red glasses. Those glasses, they gave me access to purchase any comic book in the world, at any time, ever. And today, today I was going to get Frank his comic book. I had made the call several weeks ago, just to ensure that the comic book was going to arrive on time.

I had been told to go down to the shop down the street to pick it up, I walked down after I made a stop at Starbucks, coffee was my addiction and I couldn't stop myself from picking up a Venti Black Coffee. I made my way down to the comic book shop and walked in, I went in, located the counter, and walked up to the boy working the desk.

He had black spiky hair, several visible piercings, I didn't even wanna know about his hidden ones, and had a full sleeve of tattoos on his left arm.

As soon as I walked up to the desk, the boy gave me an annoyed look and I could smell the cigarette smoke billowing from him.

"I'm here to pick up a comic book for Gerard Way?" I asked, annoyed by the way he looked at me.

"Yeah, right here," He handed me the comic book, giving me no eye contact whatsoever. I handed him a handful of twenty dollar bills and waited for my change, tapping my fingers on the countertop.

He handed me my change and I turned on my heel, walking out of the store.

I walked back to Frank's house, where the rest of our friends would be waiting with their presents and ready to wish him a happy birthday, despite his pessimistic birthday attitude.

I finally arrived and I knocked on the door. Frank answered and enveloped me in a hug.

"I have a...present for you," I told him as soon as he released me from his grasp.

"Lemme have it then!" Frank said excitedly.

"Can we go somewhere...private for it?" I asked, suddenly feeling nervous and strange.

"Sure," He chirped, "Let's go to my room,"

Frank led me to his bedroom and we sat down on his bed. Awkwardly I handed him the bag from the comic book store and let him open it.

Frank pulled the book out of the bag slowly and I watched as his eyes grew wide in sheer delight. "Gerard! I've been looking for this for thirteen years!"

"I know," I said shyly.

"Gerard?" He said.

"Yeah?"

"As much as I love Batman, I have something to tell you," He said, picking at his cuticles nervously. "You're my Superman,"

And then he kissed me.