Open up Your Eyes, I Want to Watch You Cry

The Killer.

Today was the day. The day Mary died. I wasn’t entirely sure how but it was going to happen. I had been following her around for the past two weeks, watching what she did, where she went, who she was friends with, if she was in a relationship, if there was anything she did on a particular day.

She ran on a schedule. And wasn’t in a relationship Which made things a hell of a lot easier for me, though a little challenge for my first kill wouldn’t have been bad. I wasn’t completely sure why I had chosen Mary for my first. There was just something about her that screamed that she thought she was better then others. You could see it when she looked at you it was in her eyes. I guessed that was my reason. Proving that she wasn’t better then anyone, she was just as sad and alone as the rest of us.

I shifted on the branch I was sitting on, attempting to get more comfortable while I waited for her to get home. She should be getting here anytime now. I was glad for the big tree in her backyard. It gave me a good view into all the windows in the back of her house. And a nice place to hide while I waited for her to get home.

She arrived home a few minutes later. Her business suit still wrinkleless. Her black pumps clicked against the stone pathway as she walked to her front door. I could hear her the entire way. I knew she would go up to her room, strip down, and take a shower. As she did everyday after work.

I watched threw her bedroom window. She entered the room and flicked on the light. I saw her let out a large sigh as she started to undress and make her way into the bathroom that was attached to her room. Now was the time for me to enter the house.

I climbed out of the tree and made my way over to the garage as I had done once before when I walked threw the house. There wasn’t much in the garage aside from a bike, a lawn mower, and three cans of gas.

I walked threw the door that lead into the kitchen. I looked around and saw a wooden block with knife handles sticking out of it. I decided that a knife was an acceptable murder weapon so I grabbed the one that felt the best. I continued my walk up the stairs to her bedroom.
Mary was still in the shower. I could hear her singing. She sounded lovely –surprisingly- her voice, though slightly muffled, was smooth like honey.

I looked around her room once again. She had black and white photos of different places hung over her bed, on her light purple wall. Her room was clean and tidy, as was the rest of the house. There wasn’t much to look at really. So I sat on the foot of her bed and waited for her to finish in the bathroom.

Around thirty minutes later she opened the bathroom door. She was clad in only a towel, which suited me just fine. She had a lovely body, curvy in all the right places. She was a beautiful person, too bad the inside didn’t seem to match the out.

I smirked as I cleared my throat, “hello”

Mary’s head snapped up in my direction in shock as she grasped onto her towel. She only looked at me for a second before she made a break for the door.

She was fast, but I was faster. I grabbed her by the arm and threw her on the bed face down, then quickly cut the back of her ankles so she couldn’t try something like that again.
Her scream was like music to my ears. It made my stomach do a happy back flip.

“Come on now. Why are you in such a hurry to leave?” I teased, “You’re my first! That’s got to be some kind of honour”

I laughed when she didn’t respond only slightly sobbed in terror and pain. I grabbed her left leg and proceeded in dragging her out into the hallway and down the stairs. She was kicking, screaming, and thrashing about making my job a little harder. I didn’t mind. The harder she made it, the more rewarding it was going to be in the end, I figured.

I managed to drag her into the living room. I dropped her in the middle and walked over to the window.

“Don’t try anything stupid” I sighed as I started to close the curtains, “please.”

I heard her sniff, “my name is Mary Miller, what’s yours.”

“Bruce Campbell” I chuckled, like I was actually going to tell her my name.

“I have two brothers and a sister” she stated, her voice horse and cracking from holding back some tears, “do you have any siblings Mr. Campbell?”

“Yes six brothers” I lied as I finished closing the curtains. I had none.

I knew exactly what she was doing. She was trying to make conversation with me so I would see her as a person and not kill her. It wasn’t working. It was actually a little annoying.

“Really? Where are you in the m-mix” she took a deep breath, “the middle? The end?”

I rolled my eyes as I turned to look at her, “that’s irrelevant. Now! Down to business!”

I grabbed all the fancy gold coloured ropes that were holding the curtains back and walked over to the silently sobbing women. I grabbed her hands and brought them behind her back so I could tie them.

“No!” she cried as she franticly tried to get away from me.

I laughed as I easily broke her right arm. She screamed in agony but stopped struggling and let be tie her up. It was nice how obedient she became once I caused her some pain, it was like giving a dog a scolding tap on the nose when they did something wrong.

I stepped back and walked over to the coffee table where I took a seat. I watched Mary lay helpless, naked, and sobbing on her living room floor. She probably didn’t feel better then anyone else now.

I still wasn’t sure how I wanted to kill her exactly. Stabbing her didn’t feel right. I didn’t have a gun… but I did have a lighter. And as if a light bulb came on in my head I knew what I wanted to do.

“Stay put and be a good girl,” I teased as I walked out of the room.

I pulled my black leather gloves down on my hands absentmindedly as I walked threw the kitchen and into the garage to get the three red gas jugs I saw earlier. I lifted up the first one to feel that it was empty. I was a little disappointed but I lifted up the other two, which were apparently full.

I splashed a little gas here and there as I made my way back to Mary. When I got to the living room Mary was struggling to crawl across the floor over to the phone.

I sighed as I walked over to the phone, picked it up, and smashed it on the side table. I walked back over to Mary who was now curled awkwardly into a ball bawling her soft brown eyes out.

“I thought I told you to stay put” I grunted as I grabbed her left foot and flung her into the middle of the room once again.

The scream that ripped from her throat brought a smile to my face. But I wasn’t done yet. I took the medium sized jack knife I had brought with me out of my back pocket and flicked it open. I knelt down beside her and quickly shoved the entire blade into her stomach.

She let out an ear piercing howl as I slowly twisted it in her gut for a moment before I pulled it out as quickly as I had pushed it in, making sure to slice her open more as I did so.

I closed the knife and put it back in my pocket as I stood up. I walked over to the gas jugs and picked the open one up. I spilled gas all over the room before I poured the remaining gas on Mary. She weakly yelped as it entered her wounds.

I chuckled again as I walked over to the other jug of gas. I looked at Mary as I pulled out my pack of cigarettes and placed one between my lips. I put the pack back as I picked up the gas jug and pulled out my lighter.

I lit the cigarette and inhaled the smoke deeply letting it fill my lungs before I blew the smoke out in the shape of an o, a trick that always made my girlfriend laugh. I tossed the still lit lighter into the living room. I somehow managed to hit Mary with it and laughed again as she screamed with shock as flames suddenly engulfed her.

I watched for a couple seconds as she screamed and floundered around on the floor, before I started to douse the rest of the house with gas.

Mary’s bedroom was saved for last. I opened the window and climbed onto the tree branch, I then closed the window behind me and crawled further into the tree and watched as the house burned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?