I'll Never Let Them Hurt You (I Promise)

Chapter 19

Syn and I rushed to the hospital. I couldn’t lose her too. It was bad enough I lost my step dad who was always like a father to me when I was younger, I didn’t need to lose her too. Not now… I didn’t know anything that happened other than that she was in an accident. We made it to the waiting room and saw our dad pacing back and forth. He stopped when he saw us and I noticed the tears in his eyes. I hurried over to him and gave him a hug.

“Have you heard anything?” Syn asked as he walked over to us. I looked up at our dad as he shook his head.

“She got into a car accident. The driver in the other car was drinking and passed out. I don’t think he’s in a better condition than your mom but-”

“Do you know who did it?” I asked as I looked up at him. He shook his head.

“The only thing I know is that your mom said she had an idea of who it was.” That’s when it hit me like a ton of bricks. It was Nick… He was the one who was driving. For all I know she could’ve gone home to get something, saw him and tried to escape, but he got into a car too and forced her to get into an accident. I don’t know if that actually happened or not, but it would make sense. Not to mention, the person was drinking and driving. If it was him that caused the accident and she doesn’t make it, I hope he rots in Hell for what he’s done to us. If he's in the hospital and doesn't make it himself, he'll have gotten what he deserved. I came out of my thoughts as a doctor had walked in our direction. I bit my lip as I watched my dad walk over to him.

"Are you the family of Helena Addams?" the doctor asked. My dad nodded.

"Is she okay?" he seemed as though he was expecting the worst. I can't say I didn't blame him.

"I'm afraid there isn't much we can do at this point. At the most, she might have a couple days left if not less." the doctor replied followed by an 'I'm sorry' before walking away. Tears flooded from my eyes. I began to feel sick to my stomach again as I ran towards a bathroom I passed on the way in. I hurried to a stall before I vomited. Why does this have to happen to me? What did I do to deserve any of this? I flushed the toilet before I walked out of the stall and looked at myself in the reflection of the mirror. The first thing I looked at was my stomach. I moved a hand to it as I gazed at my reflection. What am I going to do if I am pregnant? What if I mess something up? What if Zacky wants nothing to do with me? My mom won't even be here to see her first grandchild... My thoughts were interrupted as someone entered the bathroom.

"Mel?" I heard a familiar voice call out. It sounded like Kitty. I turned as I saw her walk in.

"W-What are you doing here?" I asked her as I moved a hand to wipe my tears away.

"I got a job here part time as a secretary. I have to work with my mom, but at least I get paid for it." She laughed a little before probably noticing the tears in my eyes. "What are you doing here? What's wrong?" she asked with a concerned tone.

"I-It's my mom, she was i-in an accident a-and they say sh-she doesn't have much longer to live..." I cried as tears fell from my eyes uncontrollably. I felt her pull me into a hug as my body started to convulse a little from sobbing so much.

"I'm so sorry, if you need anything I'm here for you okay?" She said as she looked at me with a sympathetic expression. I bit my lip a little and nodded.

"Okay,"

"Is there something else bothering you? I mean I know what you just told me is really huge but-"

"I think Nick might've been the one to cause the accident. I-I don't know for sure if he did o-or not, but they s-said the other person in the accident w-was drinking and driving and i-it sounds like something h-he would probably do...H-He's hurt my mom before, wh-what if he did that b-because he knew she didn't w-want to be with him anymore?" I stuttered as I continued to cry.

"Well, whoever did it is going to get what they deserve okay? If they die, they deserve it, and if they go to prison and get raped by some fat guy, they deserve it." she said. I sniffed a little and couldn't help but giggle at that. I moved my hand to wipe my tears away again. I noticed her staring at me.

"What?" I asked as I sniffed again.

"Is your stomach hurting or something?" She asked as she raised an eyebrow at me slightly. I looked at her confused and shook my head.

"No, I'm fine, why?"

"You have your hand on your stomach." She shrugged a little. I looked down and sure enough, my left hand was on my stomach. I bit my lip a little as I felt the tears continue falling from my eyes before I could stop them. "Mel, what's going on?" I let out a sigh as I bit my lip a little. I needed to tell someone.

"I-I think I might be pregnant.." I finally said as I bit my lip more. Her eyes widened as she looked at me.

"What?!"

"I-I don't know for sure, but i-it would explain why I've been getting sick so much out o-of nowhere and why my emotions have been all crazy."

"You need to talk to Zacky, I know you might not want to but he needs to know if you are pregnant or not."

"J-Just please promise you won't t-tell him or anyone? O-Or at least not yet..." I begged as I looked at her.

"I won't, but you know they'll find out eventually whether I say anything or not." she replied as she pulled me into another hug. I hugged her back as I tried to stop the tears from falling.

"I know," I said. "I should probably let you get back to work." She just nodded and we both left the bathroom. I walked back to the waiting room where I saw Syn and my dad.

"Are you okay?" Syn asked me as I got closer. I shrugged.

"I'm as okay as I can be right now." I answered as he just nodded in agreement.

"W-We can go see her if you want to." he said.

"I-Is it okay if I go see her alone?" I asked as I bit my lip. He nodded. I walked down the hallway for a few minutes before finally finding her room. I walked into the room and sat in the chair next to the hospital bed. I saw her move a little before she opened her eyes a little.

"Mel?" Her voice sounded so weak as she said my name.

"Y-Yeah Mom, it's me...I-I'm so sorry." I couldn't help the tears that were falling. She slowly moved one of her hands to hold mine.

"It's not your fault sweetie. You're not the one who caused the accident."

"W-Who did?"

"N-Nick did it." she replied. I knew it. I knew he had to have been the one to cause the accident. "I tried to get away but I couldn't." I didn't know what to say. There was nothing I could say at this point.

"M-Mom, I have something to t-tell you, but p-please don't tell D-Dad or Syn." I needed to tell her. I didn't know for sure that I was actually pregnant or not, but if I was, she needed to know.

"What is it?" she asked. I let out a shaky breath as I looked at her.

"I-I think I might be pregnant." I finally said.

"Really?" she asked. I bit my lip as I nodded a little. "I guess it would explain why you've been sick so much. It could be morning sickness."

"W-What am I going to do? I mean I d-don't want to get rid of it b-but what if Zacky doesn't want anything to do with it?"

"Sweetie, everything will be okay I promise. Maybe not at the moment but things will get better eventually okay?" she smiled weakly at me. I sniffed and nodded.

"I'm g-gonna let Syn and Dad come in here okay? I love you." I said to her as I stood up from the chair and let go of her hand.

"Okay, I love you too sweetie." And with that, I left the room.

-----

I left the hospital and started walking to Zacky's house. I needed to talk to him. He had been the only person to stop me from my habit of cutting. Sure Johnny was the only one to know about that habit and I promised I would stop, but ever since I moved here Zacky had really been the only reason I stopped doing it. If it weren't for him being here, I probably would've continued doing it. I finally made it to his house as I bit my lip. What am I going to say to him? How am I going to tell him? I pushed those thoughts out of my head as I walked in.

"Zacky?" I called out. I didn't hear anything. I called his name again before I heard something coming from upstairs. I walked up the stairs as the noises just got louder. There were coming from his room. The noises sounded like moaning. I felt tears form in my eyes as I stopped walking.

How could he?
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes I know, another terrible place to stop. There are only a few more chapters. I'm debating whether or not to make a sequel for this story or not. I can't remember if I actually ever mentioned her mom's name before but because it was the first thing I thought of, I just decided it should be Helena. That, and I was listening to the song. Anyways please comment and the next one should be out soon.

Anyways, is Zacky cheating on her? Or is it something else?
You'll just have to wait and see what happens