I'll Never Let Them Hurt You (I Promise)

Chapter 20

I ran back down the stairs and out the door as fast as I could. How could he do that to me? I thought he loved me… I’m so stupid for thinking that for once someone actually cared and that I could actually trust someone like that again. How could I be so stupid? I ran all the way back to my house and locked myself in my room. I wrote a note to Zacky before dropping it to the floor. I didn’t care at this point that I promised I wouldn’t do it. I needed to.

I needed to cut again.

Zacky had been the only person to stop me. But now because of everything going on, he was going to be the one that caused me to do it. I was crying so much to the point I couldn’t even breathe. I picked up a pocket knife that looked like Zacky’s up off the floor as I stared at it. Before I knew it, I was cutting again. I winced a little and bit my lip as I felt the knife go deeper. At this point, I didn’t care. I stared aimlessly at the blood through tear-filled vision before I heard a knock on the door.

“Mel?” I heard someone call out as they tried to open the door. I bit my lip and held onto the knife.

“Mel? Come on, open the door.” I heard another voice as I slowly got up from the bed. I pulled my sleeve down trying to cover up what I had just done, but I began feeling really dizzy.

“Mel, if you don’t open this door…” The third voice began to fade out as I collapsed on the floor. That’s when everything went black…

----Kitty’s Point of View----

I had left work early to see how Mel and Syn were doing. On the way, I ran into Frank and explained everything Mel told me earlier. Okay, not everything, but I did explain what happened to her mom. We had reached Syn and Mel’s house and walked in. Syn was on the couch laying down staring up at the ceiling.

“Hey Syn, how are you?” I asked as I walked over to him to give him a hug. He looked at me before moving to stand up and hug me back.

“I could be better. I feel like I should be more upset because she’s my mom too, but I’m not. I’ve only known her for close to a year and Mel’s known her her whole life. Mel is probably feeling a whole lot worse.” He replied. I nodded and gave him a sympathetic look.

“Should we go and check on Mel and see if she’s okay?” Frank asked.

“I think we should, but is she home?”

“We might as well find out.” Syn shrugged as he led us upstairs.

“Mel?” Frank called out as he reached her door and tried to open it. It appeared to be locked.

“Mel? Come on, open the door.” I said as I began to get worried about her. I really hope she’s okay and isn’t doing anything stupid.

“Mel, if you don’t open this door-“Syn cut himself off as we all heard a loud thump from the other side of the door. He somehow managed to finally open the door and we walked in before stopping and looking in horror at Mel. Frank rushed out of the room to call an ambulance.

“Mel, why?” I could hear Brian’s voice beginning to shake. I bit my lip and looked over at him blinking back my own tears when I saw him crying. He really didn’t need this right now. He’s already losing him mom. He doesn’t need to be losing his sister too. I moved closer to her and noticed the blood. I pulled her sleeve up a little before frantically looking for something to try and stop the bleeding. I found something and wrapped it around her wrist before noticing that looked like a note or a letter beside her. It was to Zacky.

Dear Zacky,
Just when I started to think that someone actually cared about me, I found out that I’m not good enough for you. I loved you so much, but apparently you didn’t feel the same way like you said you did. I hope you and whoever the hell that whore you were with earlier are happy together. Please don’t forget me while I’m gone…Oh wait, you already have when you were moaning earlier. My mistake.
See you in Hell,
Mel


“I’m gonna fucking kill him.” I could feel my blood starting to boil as I stared at the note. He fucking cheated on her?? That’s why she did this?? It’s bad enough she’s losing her mom, but this? This is just really fucked up.

“I’m going to tell Zacky.” I said getting up from the floor, taking the note with me and walking out the door.

----------
I made it to Zacky’s house in less than five minutes. I walked in and saw Zacky sitting on the couch next to some girl. I walked over to them and he smiled at me. You’ve got to be fucking kidding me.

“Hey Ki-“ he was cut short as I smacked him hard across the face. “Oww, what the fuck was that for?”

“What the fuck is wrong with you? A girl finds out her mom is dying and you’re here with this whore? How could you do this to her?”

“Look, I think you have the wr-“ I turned my glare over on the girl next to him. “Um, I think I’m gonna go Zacky. I’ll call you later.” She said before getting up and quickly leaving.

“Wait, what do you mean?” he looked really confused.

“Quit playing dumb Vengeance, Mel’s mom got into an accident and is on her deathbed, and all you can do is cheat on Mel with some random whore? I thought you actually loved her.”

“I did, I-I mean I do,”

“W-Well it’s too late now and because of you, she might not even be here tomorrow.” I said trying to fight back tears.

“What do you mean by that? Why wouldn’t she be?”

“She fucking tried to kill herself and for all I know, she might be dead now and it’s all your fault!” I shouted at him as a few tears fell from my eyes.

“N-No, she can’t be. I haven’t even seen her since earlier today and s-she was fine then.” I noticed tears welling up in his eyes, but I didn’t care. One of my friends was on her way to the hospital and might not even make it out alive. I gave him the note before moving to leave.

Mel, please be okay. Syn doesn’t need to lose you too.

---- Zacky’s Point of View ----

Kitty left after handing me a note. I looked at it as tears fell from my eyes. Th-This is her way of breaking up with me? What did I do to deserve this? I did care about her. I do care about her. If anyone’s not good enough, it’s me. I wasn’t doing anything earlier. What is she talking about? There has to be some sort of misunderstanding. I didn’t want to lose her, but what was I going to do? There was a chance that I might not ever see her again. Not if she’s dead. Even if she is alive, she probably doesn’t want to see me. Even if I were to try and explain that I wasn’t doing anything, she probably wouldn’t believe me. Especially if Kitty already got to her first.

What am I going to do?
♠ ♠ ♠
Only a couple chapters left and I'm already working on the next one which will probably be out really really soon. I'm probably gonna do a sequel for this one, but coming up with a title isn't the easiest thing for me lol

Was Zacky cheating?
Who was the girl he was with?

Comments = <3