I'll Never Let Them Hurt You (I Promise)

Chapter 8

-Zacky's Point of View-

I watched her run out and I just sat there. I knew she didn't like me. Why did Kristy have to dare me to kiss her? Everyone except Johnny and Val went upstairs.

"You okay Zack?" Val asked.

"I told you she didn't like me."

"I was so sure that she liked you. I mean she-" Val stopped herself from saying anything else.

"She what?"

"Nothing. But what if she did like you?"

"Well we would probably be in a different situation now wouldn't we?"

"I guess you're right.." she sighed.

"Did either one of you ever think that she could have been hurt before and doesn't wanna go through it again?" Johnny asked us.

"What are you talking about Christ?" I called him by his stage name.

"Look I've known Mel my whole life she's been hurt a lot by guys other than Nick. Just give it time maybe she does like you but just doesn't know whether or not you would hurt her."

-Mel's Point of View-

I ran home. Big mistake. I was thrown up against a wall only to come crashing to the floor.

"WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN??!!" Nick yelled at me before downing another beer.

"I-I was at a f-friend's house." I answered while stuttering. He slapped me across the face.
"Bullshit! Why would anyone want to be friends with you? Let alone want to be anywhere near you?!" he spat in my face. What the hell did I do to deserve this? He passed out and I stumbled up to my room slamming the door shut and locking it. I felt tears in my eyes as I went through my drawers before I found my razorblade. I slowly cut my wrist watching it bleed before I cut my wrist again. I was about to cut it a third time when my phone rang. I stared at it blankly before answering.

"H-hello?" I said trying not to sound like I had been crying.

"Hey Mel..Are you okay?" came the voice of the last person I wanted to hear from right now.

"I'm fine Zacky. Why do you ask?"

"It sounded like you were crying. Look I'm sorry that I did that but-"

"Why are you apologizing for it?" I asked with almost no emotion in my voice.

"Well it seemed like you didn't want to kiss me.." he sighed into the phone.

"Well it's not like we're dating or anything and it's not like we like each other like that anyway.." I fake laughed into the phone as I felt more tears form in my eyes.

"Uh..yeah...well I gotta go I'll talk to you later."

"Bye Zacky" I love you...Wait...Did I just think that?

------

------At School------

I slowly walked to my locker alone. A week had gone by since Zacky had kissed me. I guess I was right. He really didn't like me anymore than a friend. I was almost to my locker, when I saw someslut girl pressed up against a locker by Zacky who was making out with her. Kristy just happened to be walking from another part of the hallway and saw me. She went up behind Zacky and smacked him hard in the back of the head. He finally let go of theslut girl I recognized from my Math class. Her name was Maggie. She was one of the popular girls, she was a cheerleader, had blonde hair blue eyes, fake tan, etc. Why the hell was Zacky with her anyways? That's when I remembered, the day before someone had mentioned that he had a girlfriend as of a couple days after he kissed me. I just didn't know who it was before. I sighed a little as I walked closer. At least now I know why he's been ditching me. It's all because of her... He promised he would hang out with me or spend time with me, but then he would call me and say that something came up and would apologize and say that we could hang out some other time.

"Kitty, what the hell?"

"If you weren't so busy with your little whore over here you would have noticed that Mel was coming." She said while giving me a sympathetic smile.

"I'm sorry Mel." he apologized. Sure you are..You're always sorry now aren't you?

"It's fine Zacky" I said putting on a fake smile. Maggie glared at me from behind Zacky.

"Well I better get to class I'll see you later Mel." Zacky said before walking away with Maggie.

"You okay Bella?" Johnny said walking up behind Kristy with Jimmy.

"I think I'm gonna ditch..You guys wanna go to?"

"Sure why not?"Johnny said.

"It gets us away from Zacky's newwhore girlfriend." Kitty added. Jimmy nodded in agreement.

------Johnny's House------

Sarah was still at the house when we got there.

"Shouldn't you guys be at school?" she asked.

"I wasn't feeling too well and Dom and Johnny wanted to make sure I was okay." I lied. I could tell she didn't believe me, but she was cool. It's not like she would yell at me to go back to school.

"I won't tell if you don't" was all she said.

"Mom I thought you had to work."

"Shit I almost forgot. I'll see you later." she said before heading out the door.

"Since when has Zacky been dating one of the many walking STDs?" I asked. My heart sunk as I flashed back to the events earlier this morning. I leaned against a wall before sliding down against it.

"Bella we know you like him but-"

"Johnny you know how many times I've been hurt and Kristy why did you dare him to kiss me?" I asked as I felt tears form in my eyes but I refused to let them fall.

"I don't know..I can't even remember why I did that."

"Well to him that kiss probably meant nothing." Of course it meant nothing. Why else would he be going out with Maggie.

"How do you know it meant nothing to him? Maybe it did but he's just scared you don't feel the same." Johnny said. I just stared at him.

"Well then explain why he's going out with her." I said.

"She's got a point there. I think he went out with her before but she cheated on him. Why the hell would he go out with her again if she hurt him?" Kristy said.

"I have no idea." he sighed.

"And besides why would he wanna go out with me?"

-Zacky's Point of View-

I hadn't seen Mel all day. School was almost over, and I noticed Syn by himself at his locker so I decided to walk over to him. He just looked at me and shook his head as he shut his locker. What the hell did I do?

"Hey Syn..." I muttered.

"You know she's miserable right?" he asked while staring off into space.

"Who?"

"Quit playing dumb Zacky. I mean my sister!" he snapped.

"What are you talking about? She seems fine."

"Maybe to you she does but I can tell she's not okay. You're the one who's causing her to seem so distant from everyone."
Why must I fuck everything up?
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor Mel
Stupid Zacky having to date Maggie.
Comments?