Status: Active <3

My Heart, It's Calling...You?!

A Bear Affair

*Aimee’s P.O.V.

I felt really hot. And gross. And sweaty. It must have been 80 degrees in the car, minimum. I mumbled for someone to turn down the heat in the car. Was it really necessary for it to be that hot? Who the heck was setting the heat in this thing? Finally in frustration I opened my eyes. Why didn’t one of these idiots turn on the air conditioning? It wasn’t getting any cooler.

But instead of being inside a car when I opened my eyes, I was in a stuffy tent. I looked around in confusion. How did I get here? The first thought that came to my mind was Joe. There really was no other boy who could ever take care of me, the way he does. I pushed my hair off my face and put it into a bun quickly to get it off my neck. I looked around and found my suitcase lying next to me. I opened it and slipped on a pair of jean shorts along with a ¾ sleeved shirt.

I unzipped the tent and walked out. I and then re-zipped just the screen up so no bugs could get in, but the tent could air out. The heat inside of there could have killed someone. I noticed another tent was set up along with a screen tent over a table. I looked near the screen tent and there was a fire put and a little farther along there was a grill which Kevin was apparently making eggs in a pan over. Kevin caught a glimpse of me and threw me a small smile. Clearly someone’s tent hadn’t been on the verge of flames when he woke up this morning.

“I didn’t know you could cook.” I said, putting my hands on his shoulders.

“Well I can, quite well in fact.”

“I second that! He definitely can cook!” Brittney shouted from inside the tent, holding up her fork which had a piece of a pancake on it. I laughed and unzipped the mesh tent, walked in, and re-zipped it. I walked up behind Joe and placed my hands on his shoulder, leaning in to whisper in his ear. He turned his head slowly at me and gave me a small smile, which was too sweet.

“Thank you for bringing me into my tent last night and for being so good to me.” I whispered and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. He looked up at me with that glint in his eye that I loved. He knew just how to make my heart beat like crazy.

“You’re welcome. I’m glad that you were comfortable.”

“I was until I woke up.”

“Why?”

“Do you know how hot it was inside that tent?!” I huffed, sitting down on the bench next to him.

“Oh.” He said and laughed a little bit.

I gave Anna a grateful smile as she put a plate of eggs in front of me. I ate them hungrily while we all talked a little bit. Then I heard a lot of rustling coming from the boy’s tent. Nick unzipped the tent and went to run out of it, tripping onto the floor. He looked like a ruffled chicken. Poor kid. He re-zipped the mesh, but not the full flap so the tent could air out. He opened the tent we were sitting in with a plate of pancakes and sat down to my left in a huff.

“Hot tent?” I asked and he nodded his head yes grumpily. “I’ll never understand how it gets so hot.”

Once breakfast was finished Kevin and Joe offered to clean everything up for us. Meanwhile, Brittney and Nick went to their separate tents to change into bathing suits. They had been okay so far. Not too much awkwardness, they seemed okay as being friends. Granted, I knew that Nick wanted to be more than that, but at this point I had no idea what Brittney wanted. So if they could stick to being at least somewhat normal around each other, we could deal with it. As long as they didn’t go for each other’s throats.

The second Brittney came out, I walked into our tent and changed into my bathing suit. We all went into our tents one-by-one to change into our suits. Once we were all ready and the camp site was closed up and set up safely to stop animals, we put on sunscreen, and left for a lake that was nearby. People said that it was supposed to be beautiful and it even was said to have a gorgeous waterfall. From the pictures it looked picturesque. It seemed like the perfect spot to relax, mess around, and have a great time.

We pulled up into a parking lot and parked. I looked around warily, thankfully there were no cars parked anywhere in site. We could have some alone time, and not have to worry about fans or anyone who may have followed us. I ran up to Joe and gave him a peck on the lips and dragged him to the lake, slipping off my flip-flops and dropped my towel on the ground. Joe and I slid into the lake, the water went up to just below my chest, and it was warm. The trees surrounding it made the scenery beautiful. And the parking lot was far away, blocked by the plants and trees, so it didn’t ruin the view. I spotted the waterfall just as Joe did and he led me behind it. It was hard, but not enough to hurt someone, but thick enough so that everyone couldn’t see us.

“So, do you like it?”

“Like it? I love it. And I loved it just as much 2 weeks ago when I picked up the pamphlet for this place and showed you.” I said and tilted my head, giving him a smile.

“Oh yeah, well I get points for remembering don’t I?” he said, and I laughed at him.

“I love you.” I said, with a grin.

“I love you too.” he said, walking closer to me. We kissed, passionately for a few seconds. The moment was so perfect, fragile, and I loved the feeling. I wrapped my legs around his waist so he was holding me, as we kissed some more. We ended with our foreheads leaning against each other while I smiled. I loved this boy. He was the best thing that has ever happened to me. I would never let him go again.

*Nick’s P.O.V.

I watched as Aimee and Joe ran into the trees excitedly. Anna and Kevin grabbed each other’s hands and walked slowly towards the water. I just shrugged my shoulders and Brittney and I began running towards the lake. We both did cannon balls inside and the water was surprisingly warm. I lifted my head out of the water just as Brittney lifted hers. She ran her hands across her head, pushing her hair out of her face. I smiled without thinking, she was just so beautiful. I wanted to reach out and touch her hand, but I couldn’t. And it killed me that it was my fault that I couldn’t. Then I realized that her lips were moving. She was talking to me.

“Nick. What are you smiling at?” She asked, looking around her.

“Oh, nothing.” I said. “Race you to the end of the lake and back.”

“You’re so on.” And then we both took off. I beat her, but just by a little bit. She was a pretty good swimmer, but not good enough.

We talked for a little while, eventually we began splashing each other until Anna and Kevin swam over to us. They joined in on the splashing until we all realized that none of us had seen Aimee and Joe since they ran into the trees. Sneaky, sneaky. We looked around until I saw Aimee’s curly blonde hair flash out from the side of the waterfall and then it disappeared once again. I told them and we all swam over there quietly. Once we were there it was silent, the two of them were having a moment, they began talking about what to do after this when we all popped out.

“BOO!” We shouted at the same time, and Aimee let go of Joe and went straight into the water. Oh well. Joe just laughed and helped her get back up again. She huffed and moved her hair out of her eyes. Everyone just laughed at her, and then we all got out of the lake and wrapped ourselves in towels.

After everyone had dried off for the most part we hopped back into the van once again. Kevin and Joe sat in front while Anna and Aimee sat in the middle, leaving Brittney and I sitting in the back. Although she was talking with Anna and Aimee the whole time, so they turned to face us. The whole time they were talking Brittney was smiling and it made my stomach go insane. And on the inside it irked me that we weren’t an us. It just wasn’t fair.

If only she knew how much she meant to me, and how sorry I am.

For the rest of the car ride all I could do was watch her and think. I needed a plan to get her back. It had to happen soon, because I couldn’t go on much longer like this. I needed to fix things between us. It was tearing my heart apart bit by bit with every single second that she wasn’t mine. I loved her, and I needed her to know it. I tried to run so many different plans through my mind, and nothing seemed worthy. So instead, I tried to finish a song that I had been working on for a while. But it wasn’t finished yet, and I probably wouldn’t be able to anytime soon. There was no way I could get her to forgive me for all that I put her through, it didn’t matter if I wrote her the best song in the entire world. It still wouldn’t matter nor would it make up for anything. I sighed in defeat, and finally gave up once we neared the camp site.

“Alright so we’re going to make this quick, get your clothes, then we’ll drive down to the showers. After that we’ll go get some lunch. Okay team, break!” Joe said like we were in a huddle.

“Gosh you are such a weirdo.” Aimee joked, and gave Joe a quick kiss on the cheek.

We all got our clothes quickly like Joe had suggested and then we all took showers. Once we were done we headed out to get some lunch at a local diner. Luckily the town that the camp site was in was a very small town, and practically deserted. In the diner there were only a few people there, mostly old couples. We were seated almost immediately at a booth right across the way from an older couple. Aimee caught a quick glimpse of all the people in the diner and began laughing. I’ll never understand how she is the oldest out of the three girls.“Oh my gosh. Where did you take us? Oldpeoplesville or something? Should I go get a cane or a walker?”

“Mature Aimee.” Joe said, rolling his eyes in an attempt to seem mature. It was very good of him. “We are not in Oldpeoplesville. We are on the pathway between the Living, the Dead. And they are most definitely the Living Dead. Although, I think that one might just be dead.” He whispered, jerking his thumb quickly towards one of the older men sitting on the table that was leaning over.

Well, there goes being mature. Kevin and I just looked at each other and sighed causing the girls to all start hysterical laughing. Our waitress came over and we began ordering. We talked for a little while until our food came and then we ate it all quickly. Apparently we were hungrier than we thought. I finished my meal and wiped my face off with a napkin, while Aimee laughed. She gestured that I still had something on my face, and after a minute or so of charades I finally was able to clean off that spot. Everyone looked at each other happy and satisfied, so we asked for the check.

“So, what are we doing for dinner? I was thinking barbeque, like burgers and stuff.” Joe said excitedly.

“Joe, honey, we just ate lunch.” Aimee said.

“Yeah, so? There’s no harm in thinking ahead.”

I rolled my eyes once more and then us boys, being gentleman paid the check, but the girls insisted on giving the tip. Then we all piled back into the van and headed back to the camp site once again. When we got there everyone piled out of the car and outside. I sat down on a chair that I brought out of the mesh tent and breathed in the beautiful fresh air. Despite how much I had dreaded it before, I liked being in the outdoors, it was nice. I closed my eyes and leaned my head back when I felt someone sit on my lap. I opened my eyes to see Aimee sitting on my lap smiling at me. I laughed and rolled my eyes when Joe walked over and looked at the two of us.

“Care to explain why you’re hitting on my girlfriend?” Joe asked.

“Oh didn’t you know, we’re having a secret love affair behind your back.” Aimee deadpanned, and hugged me close.

“Are you serious?” Joe shouted and Aimee just rolled her eyes and walked away. “How messed up is this!”

I rolled my eyes once more and took in the sun. The hours passed quickly as we talked, played games, and did tons of other things on the camp grounds. The whole time all I could do was keep glancing at Brittney as the day went by. Eventually it was dark out and Joe and Kevin grilled everyone some burgers which we had picked up on the way home thanks to Joe’s brilliant idea. After that, we started a fire and I went with Anna to go get some sticks to roast marshmallows, and make some smores. We walked together into the trees and I began picking up sticks while she did as well. I watched as she looked at me, as if studying me.

“What?” I asked.

“It’s just sometimes I wonder.”

“You wonder about what?” I asked curiously.

“How you pretend so well.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I replied simply looking down. Although, I knew exactly what she had meant by that. I felt her eyes looking at me once more and I looked up in frustration. “What Anna?”

“Why don’t you just tell her? I know you really want her back.”

“It’s not as easy as that.”

“It is as easy as that.”

“She turned me down the first time, remember? Why would things be different now?” I asked, and I thought I got her for a moment. But I was wrong.

“Now is so much different than before. As crazy as this may sound, she has matured a lot since then, and she was scared Nick. Now that everything has settled down, it’s so much different. In fact I’m positive that it’s different now. Sometimes when I look at her, I notice that look in her eyes, babe. That same one you had all day when you caught a glimpse of her. She misses you. Don’t you see the way she looks at you? It just kills me seeing you two like this. Please Nick, don’t do this.” She said getting closer to me and placing a hand on my shoulder.

“I don’t know. Because you are right, things are a lot different than the way they were. And maybe that’s what is keeping us apart.” I said, and began walking back to the camp site with the sticks. Anna was following behind me silently, with her sticks in her hand. I could tell the conversation hadn’t gone exactly how she had wanted it to.

I sat in a chair and made smores, not making eye contact with anyone, especially not Anna. It just made too much sense, and so little sense at the same time. I did want to get back together with Brittney and I knew it. I couldn’t question my feelings towards her at all, they were all pointing in the same direction. But there was just something was holding me back, and it was torturing me on the inside.

*Anna’s P.O.V.

I looked at the boys as I sat on Kevin’s lap making smores. Aimee and Brittney had gone to bed a little while ago after saying goodnight to everyone. I couldn’t help, but to notice how Nick didn’t even look up when he murmured goodnight. I felt terrible on the inside. I guess I shouldn’t have said anything, I think it just made things worse for them. Stupid me and my incessant meddling. I really need to learn when to keep my thoughts to myself. If things were meant to work out between those two, then they would. I just needed to stop sticking myself in!

Finally I just shook my head out of it and placed the marshmallow in between the piece of chocolate and graham crackers. I let Kevin have a bite of it and I ate the rest. I leaned back onto Kevin and looked at the stars with him. I felt his arms wrap around me and it felt amazing. I loved being with him, and I loved him. Everyone should feel as special as I do when I’m around Kevin.

“I love you.” I whispered quietly.

“I love you too.” He whispered and kissed my cheek and I yawned. Eventually I gave up on struggling to stay awake, so I said goodnight to the boys.

I ruffled Nick’s hair a little bit as I walked by, just hoping to make him smile. It didn’t work. I just sighed, the guilt was going to consume me. I’m such an idiot. I unzipped the tent and got in. I changed quickly into my pajamas and got into my sleeping bag. I cuddled into the sleeping bag and then I fell asleep just a few minutes later, into a deep sleep.

I slept on until I felt someone shaking my arm enthusiastically. I groaned, but opened my eyes to see that it was still dark outside. And then I realized that Aimee and Brittney were freaking out, and clutched onto each other. I looked at them curiously, and then I heard some rustling outside the tent and then a low, deep growl. I immediately screamed, knowing that was what the girls were freaking out about.

I jumped next to the girls as we gripped each other tightly. I looked to the direction of the growls, and saw the shadow of a bear on the side of the tent. It made me clutch closer to the girls. And then the next thing that popped into my mind was the boys. My maternal instinct kicked in and I felt that I needed to warn them. I told the girls of my plan and we opened the tent flap slowly and quietly. It was eerie silent, and then another growl broke through the silence. We ran as fast as we could into the boys’ tent and I quickly re-zipped the tent. Oh my gosh, this was not okay. This was so not okay.

I noticed there was only one body in the tent, but I didn’t care. Aimee was lying on top of the body, all I could see was the eyes, but I just assumed it was Joe. But at this point I didn’t care. Brittney was crouched against the body, holding onto their shirt, and I dived into the other side grabbing some shirt for myself. I was freaking out. I heard a few more growls and then a whole lot of rustling. I squeaked while Aimee screamed. I got closer to Joe hoping for some protection. Plus I needed to be able to shove him in front of us for protection in case the bear crashed through the tent.

Finally after a few more minutes of eerie silence, Joe became very unsettled and just wouldn’t stay still. So we all just got closer to him in fear. I heard footsteps come closer to the tent and I began freaking out even more. I started quivering in fear. Here I was going on a camping trip in hopes of having a great weekend with my friends and then I get mauled by a bear. I can see the headlines now. Teen Camping Trip Goes Wrong After Bear Attack. Who would die first? I bit my lip. Joe would be the first one to go, because I’d let the bear have him first. It would give me some extra time to run. So much for my motherly instincts.

Then the flap zipped open to reveal Kevin and Joe get into the tent looking at us weirdly. Oh my. That’s not Joe. They shined a flashlight on us, and I saw Nick’s very shocked and confused face, as if he had just woken up. Oops. And then I noticed how close we were all to him, especially Brittney. Awkward.

“So you are having an affair with him!” Joe shouted while pointing a finger at his girlfriend.

“Shush!” Aimee hissed. “Get down and zip that tent! There’s a bear!”

“No there isn’t. I think we would have seen it while we were walking to the tent if there was.” Kevin said rolling his eyes. “Anna, why are you molesting my baby brother?”

“I’m not a baby.” Nick mumbled, still clearly out of it.

“There’s a bear!” I whisper-yelled at Kevin, motioning for him to get closer to the rest of us.

Kevin and Joe laughed at us, clearly not believing that we had seen the bear, and zipped the tent closed. They came close to us and Nick pushed Aimee off of him and she fell with a thud. She shook it off and ran to Joe, nestling herself in his chest still freaking out. I noticed how Brittney hadn’t really moved, it almost seemed as if she had cuddled closer to him. Well, that’s a new development.

I pulled closer to Kevin and we formed a tight group, all attached to each other closely. I heard some more rustling and it started another set of screams from us. I hate wildlife. Stupid animals. Who’s idea was it to go camping anyway? I just moved myself closer to Kevin, knowing that he would protect me if something went wrong. Or if that bear wanted to kill me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey loves! So, I’m not going to lie. I’m not really feeling the love and it’s making me start to wonder. This story is somewhat getting to it’s end. I do have another sequel in the works, but I have a question. Would you guys want to read it? If not I’ll switch up the ending. Let me know what you think! Plus, I also want your predictions for how this camping trip is going to end!

~dancerbabe365