Status: Active <3

My Heart, It's Calling...You?!

The Necklace



Image

*Aimee’s P.O.V.

Nick came by the other day, he after Kevin got me to calm down, he explained everything to me. And also made me promise to let him tell Brittney himself, which I’m sticking to. I wouldn’t want to get into the middle of that anyway. I took a deep breath, he wasn’t coming to make things right again. And on the inside I was happy, because maybe I was better off without him. But I’m not sure what the ache in my heart was saying. I walked up to the window and saw the mailman stick the mail in the box, so I went downstairs grabbing a glass of orange juice on the way outside.

I got to the mail box and when to open it and then I saw almost as if a dream, Joe began to cross across the street guitar in his hand when Bam! My dream was smashed when a car slammed right into him. He hit the windshield with a thunk and then slid to the ground. I dropped the glass in my hand, it shattered to pieces, and I sprinted to Joe with tears in my eyes already. I knew it on the inside that he was most certainly not conscious.

Joe!” I shrieked, as I ran towards him. I grabbed him and turned him over, the guitar he had was cracked and laid near his side. People had run outside and were panicking, I was hysterical, I never in my wildest dreams had pictured holding him in my arms like this. It was like my worst nightmare, except it was real, which made it all the more painful. It was something no person should ever have to experience. I saw his head was bleeding heavily, I ripped off T-shirt I was wearing to reveal a spaghetti strapped tank top and wrapped it around his head to help stop the blood. I sobbed, calling his name. He couldn’t leave me like this!

Some people were shouting ‘Call 911’ others were crowding around Joe and I. The tears were falling faster, you could see the droplets landing on his shirt, which was also stained with blood from other cuts he had. Finally, an ambulance arrived, when they lifted him onto the gurney I followed close behind and noticed when a small silver item fell from his hand, I picked it up and hopped into the ambulance with Joe knowing I wouldn’t be able to leave his side. When we reached the hospital they ran him inside and I ran alongside the journey holding onto Joe’s hands praying that he would be alright. Then the doctor pulled me off of Joe to bring him into the emergency room, I sank to the floor crying.

The nurse bent down patting my back for a minute or so, and then I asked if there was a phone I could use. She led me to the front desk, and I think we all know who I called first. It felt like a dream. This couldn’t be real. I could hear Mrs. Jonas cry on the phone, and she said she’d be there in a minute. Then I called my parents to let them know I probably wouldn’t be home when they got home and what was going on. I sat down on one of the waiting room seats and sighed, when I remember the silver piece and took it out from my pocket.

The tears began falling again when I saw what it was. The most beautiful necklace I’ve ever seen, and on one of the hearts it had and engraving on it. The engraving said, ‘Love is too simple of a word to describe how I feel for you –Joseph’ I turned over that heart to the back and noticed another inscription in which said ‘Always and Forever Yours’.

The tears were hysterical now, I was so absorbed in this that I practically had a heart attack when I felt a hand fall on my shoulder. I jumped and turned to see Kevin standing there looking at me with hurt in his eyes. I sprang up from my seat and gave him the biggest hug I could possible manage. He hugged me back, rubbing my back gently. I took a deep breath giving giant hugs to the rest of the Jonas clan. They all sat down, Frankie walked over to go get a drink knowing we would be here for a while.

“What happened?” Mrs. Jonas asked cautiously.

“He was crossing the street in front of my house...I don’t know why he was there…and he-he-he got hit, really bad.” I said and began crying as the event replayed in my mind. The picture was haunting me. It was engraved in my memory.

We stopped talking once Frankie got back, no one wanted the littlest Jonas to know the true circumstances of what was going on quite yet, until Joe’s condition was known for sure. He sat down sipping his soda and handed Nick a diet coke, I grabbed Kevin’s hand gently and tugged him away back to wear the soda machines. I needed to talk with him badly, I looked him in the eyes his were filled with sadness and pain. Mine probably looked just as harsh.

“Kevin, why was he at my house? I want to know.” I said showing him the necklace.

“He was going to try and win you back. It was killing him Aimee, he just wasn’t the same Joe anymore.” Kevin said calmly.

“Gosh Kevin, what if he isn’t all right? It would be my fault, I could’ve forgiven him, but-bu” I said and Kevin hugged me while I cried into his chest. Then I took a step back and looked at myself, I was covered in Joe’s blood and looked like a mess.

“Oh I’m sorry Kevin, this is terrible and it’s-”

“It’s not your fault, I should’ve drove him.”

“No Kevin it’s not yours either, honestly I think the responsible falls on the idiot who hit him.” I said calming down.

“Aimee, I think it might be a good idea if maybe you went home, took a shower, and maybe relaxed for a little bit. You’ve been through a lot, I’ll call when we find out what’s wrong.”

“I don’t think I can Kevin, I can’t leave him, not now.”

“I really think it would be a good idea,”

“Alright, if you say so.” I said and we began walking back to where the waiting chairs. The next thing I heard a bunch of crashes and a familiar voice screaming, “Move, Move!” Then a familiar and very missed face slid into view. Brittney was practically running towards us pulling a very cute blonde haired boy with her. Nick’s mouth dropped open and his eyes popped open, as a very upset Brittney ran over to us dragging some stranger with her who looked just as confused as we were.

“I’m here! And why did no one think to call me?” Brittney asked seriously looking at me dead straight in the eye.

Before anyone could come up with a correct or sane response, a doctor walked in and looked at our gigantic mob of people. He spoke carefully, “Are you the family of Mr. Jonas?”

“Yes.” We all responded.

“We’re Joseph’s parents.” Mrs. Jonas said standing up and gesturing towards her and her husband.

“Would you like to speak in private?” the doctor asked.

“No,” Mr. Jonas said looking at everyone there, “I believe everyone here deserves to know what’s going on.”

“Well, your son is…”
♠ ♠ ♠
It keeps me motivated when you comment, so please continue!! Also, I’m sorry for the part being so short, it’s just that the ending was too good to pass up, so I had to leave you all hanging! Please comment with what you think is going on with Joe! Thanks for reading!

~dancerbabe365