Status: Active <3

My Heart, It's Calling...You?!

Never-Ending Trails of Tears



Image

*Aimee’s P.O.V.

So here I am, still sitting in that boring white hospital waiting room, the creepiness was killing me. Yesterday, Joe was hit by a car, some jerk hit him and ran away. Sitting here in that hospital room still, except today there was something different. I was currently only sitting here with Anna, Brittney, and Danny (although, now I’ve finally been properly introduced to him). Mr. and Mrs. Jonas were currently talking with Frankie, trying to explain to him what was going on in the easiest way possible. But I guess there is no easy to tell your 7 year old son that his older brother, and role model was hit by a car, and might not wake-up again. It was hard enough for me to understand, let alone my little buddy.

This morning the doctor said we could start going to see Joe, he believes that if he hears familiar voices it might either help him wake up or adjust easier when he does. Why am I not in there? I know I should be, but it was another battle that I was fighting on the inside. Could I really handle to see the guy I love most in the world lying on a bed completely still? Probably not. I sighed and put my head into my hands, I felt a hand rubbing my back gently.

“You should go see him, I know it might be hard, but it might help him. Don’t you want to stay strong for him?” Anna asked looking at me in the eyes.

“You’re right, I have to do this for him. Nick and Kevin are in there now, won’t they mind that I’m intruding on their time with Joe?” I asked thinking of the two emotionally destroyed boys.

“No, I think they’d be happy if you finally went in to see him. Go on.” She said, pushing me off my chair.

I got up and walked up to the hospital door closing my eyes and taking a deep breath of the stale air. The smell of hospitals have never really appealed to me, I guess it doesn’t help that I’ve never been to a hospital for a happy reason. Just for my mom when she was dying, and now Joe. I knocked quietly on the solid wood door. I heard someone within the room get up and come to the door. There were a few whispers and Kevin opened the door slowly, he had dark bags under his eyes from the sleepless nights.

No one had really gotten any sleep, especially neither of the boys. Kevin smiled widely when he saw me standing there. It was the first smile I had seen on his face in what seemed like forever. Everything just seemed so dreary. It was as if nothing mattered anymore unless the boy in that room woke up.

“I was hoping you would finally come to see him.” Kevin whispered.

“I know, it’s just I was afraid to see what he looked like. I mean what if he doesn’t look like the same Joe? I didn’t know if I could take it, but I owe it to him and myself to at least try to.” I said after taking a deep breath.

Kevin put his hand on my shoulder gently, and walked me into the hospital room. Nick was leaning onto the bed holding Joe’s hand and looking very pale. I went over to Nick embracing him into the biggest hug I could manage, which he returned gratefully. I could feel his tears soaking my shirt, but it was okay. I would do anything to help make these boys feel even the slightest bit better, and to get them through this hard time. Tears began coming out of my eyes slowly as well. I felt Nick release me and take a step back slowly looking me in the eyes.

“We’ll let you talk with him alone.” Nick said quietly rubbing my back and he walked out.

“Talk to him, they say people can still hear you even if they can’t respond.” Kevin whispered.

“Yeah, I know.” I responded dazed, looking at the lifeless figure of Joe. Then Kevin too left me in the room so I was alone with Joe.

Joe, oh Joe. There was no color in his cheeks, and IV along with tons of other tubes which did who knows what for him, were all hooked up to him. I could hear the monitor beeping in time with his steady heartbeat. It was a surreal moment, almost like from a movie. Not a good moment though, how could one simple mistake cost him all this. Even if he did make it through the coma what would he be like afterwards? How different would he be? Would he still be the Joe Jonas I fell in love with? Of course he would, what nonsense is that, no matter what happens he’ll always be the Joe I fell in love with. That would never change as far as I’m concerned.

I sat down on a chair and slipped my hand into Joe’s gently, as my hand touched his, the heart monitor began going a little faster. Almost as if he registered that it was me. But that can’t be, I must be imagining things again, I could only wish that he knew I was here for him at that moment. I began talking softly to him hoping he could hear me.

“Joe? I don’t know if you can hear me, but it’s Aimee, sitting here with you. You’re brothers are worried sick about you, literally. I think Nick might be sick, and Kevin looks like he’s going to collapse from lack of sleep. He’s running purely on coffee, which Anna keeps going out to get to keep up with the demand. She’s worried too you know, out of her mind, she’s trying to stay strong as well. Staying optimistic, she keeps drawing sketches of everyone, and designing clothes. I think she’s going to be a clothes designer one day, she’ll make your outfits for touring.” I said and laughed at the thought. It was the first time I’ve laughed in quite a while.

“You just have to wake up Joe, for Kevin, for Nick, Frankie, Anna, your parents, Brittney even came to come see you. Her and Nick haven’t said anything to each other, I think it might be for the best right now, and it’s even more tense since she brought a ‘friend’ with her. They’re not dating, but I know he likes her. So you need to wake up and be alright for them, you’ve got get the strength for them. For me too, I guess I didn’t realize it until now, but I really do need you. I miss you, a lot, I didn’t even enjoy touring because you weren’t supporting me.”

“I felt terrible because you weren’t there for me to enjoy it, no matter how much I denied it. I came home because of it, I think I secretly hoped when I came back you were just going to take me back and everything would be okay again. I should’ve known better, and look where me coming back got you. Here lying on for all we know you’re death bed. You have to wake up Joseph you’ve got to. I even wrote a song for you, I’ll sing it for you.” I said taking a breath wiping my tears and I began singing.

What do you expect me to do,
Do without you?
Who’s gonna hold me at night,
Make sure I’m okay
I just can’t make it alone
So just tell me who
Is gonna keep me safe and warm
And now I’m asking you, baby please


Stay with me, don’t leave not now
Please not ever, never again
I understand now I need you
Don’t make me live one more day
Not one more without you
Just stay, stay with me
Because even though I hate
Hate to admit it, to myself
That I need you, so just stay


Why did you leave me like this
Fate, I can hear you say
But why, ‘cause I know
There is no one to hold me tight
No one to see that I’m okay
The pain still hasn’t dulled
It grows more and more
Every single day
Now I’m crying, crying for you
So please, baby, baby


Stay with me, don’t leave not now
Please not ever, never again
I understand now I need you
Don’t make me live one more day
Not one more without you
Just stay, stay with me
Because even though I hate
Hate to admit it, to myself
That I need you, so just stay


I’ll count my blessings, wish on stars
I’ll even cry my eyes out
If that’s what it takes to keep
You here with me from now
Until forever, and ever, and ever
From now until forever and ever
I’ll do it all if it keeps you
Here, so stay here with me,”


I put my head onto the bed and cried still holding Joe’s hand, then I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to see Chelsea standing there, I was shocked. Why should she be there? I took a deep breath, put Joe’s hand back down and stood up. I looked at Chelsea confused, why was she here? Wouldn’t she be mad at Joe? Oh my goodness, they’re still dating! But then what about the necklace? I had no idea how to react, well until she ran up to me and gave me a huge hug, which I returned kind of awkward1ly. After she felt the hug was long enough she took a step back and looked at me with sincerity in her eyes. She looked humble and visibly upset.

“Oh Aimee, I swear I wouldn’t have dated him if I knew you dated. I thought you were just friends. I really didn’t even realize that he loved you so much until recently. And then when I heard about him getting hit I-” Chelsea said rambling.

“It’s okay, forgive and forget, you didn’t know. How could you? Also, it’s not like you can’t date him just because I did. Don’t worry about it, anyways we have more important things to worry about right now,” I said looking at Joe, wishing he would wake up soon.

“Sorry for interrupting, I’ll uh, go so you can be with him.”

“No, it’s okay, I was done for now anyways.” I sighed and walked out of the room with Chelsea. She had already said ‘hello’ to everyone, I chose to sit next to Danny since he was all by himself. Then after a minute or so he stood up asking me to come with him. Once the two of us were near the main entrance he look at me nervously.

“Is there a reason you wanted to speak to me?” I said kindly trying to help him out.

“Well, I like Brittney, and I was sort of wondering if you think she would say yes if I asked her out.” Danny squeaked out.

“Ha, of course she would! I just don’t think it’s quite the right time to ask her.”

“Oh no, definitely not now. It’s just I didn’t know if I’d ever get the chance to ask for your opinion again. And, I was kind of wondering if I could have a couple of autographs or something. My friends have a huge crush on you.”

“Nice to know. Sure, anything for the fans.” I said and laughed.

After a few minutes of searching, the two of us managed to track down a piece of paper and a pen. I signed a few autographs, and even personalized them for his friends. I told him that if he wanted he could send me posters, or whatever and I would sign them for him. When all this was done and over with, we went back to the waiting area where everyone was sitting because visiting hours were over. I sat near Anna putting my head on her lap, she was leaning on Kevin’s shoulder, who was asleep with his head on hers. I sat there for a few minutes thinking and slowly tiredness fell over me, and I finally fell asleep. But definitely one of the worst sleeps I’ve ever had.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopefully you’re loving the sequel as much as I am although nothing good has really happened. The song in here is called ‘Please Stay’ and it is written by me, strictly for the purposes of this story, so I hope it’s good and really portrays the moment well! Love you all and please comment and subscribe!

~dancerbabe365