Status: Comments get fater updates!!!

Ghost Town

What Must Be Done

My throat burned as I sobbed, roaring as I ripped my room apart. Everything smelled of him. The closet, our shower, the sheets. Even me. I couldn't bear it. Every time I inhaled I smelled him, I remembered him. I grieved him. I had let my mate die, even if it was a mistake. I hesitated, I shot for him. But I had grabbed the wrong man.

"Angel?" Selene's voice struck my ears, making my cries of agony silent for just a moment. "Angel, is there anything we can do?" I just shook my head, getting a whiff of another decaying body, one that smelled male, and not like her brother.

No. There was nothing she could do. She didn't know what it was like to lose your mate. To lose the one you love with all your heart. With all you being. Even your soul. I had felt his pain, felt the sun lick at my skin, then my bones, and finally my insides. I experienced everything with him through the mating bond. But I hadn't cared. It was agonizing, but I only cared to save him. And I didn't.

The smell of decay was replaced with something else. The smell of man. The smell of the blood that created this whole mess. "Get out!" I howled, throwing the candle that laid on the bed side table at him. "Angel, I-"

"Get out!" I hissed in his face as he tried to take another step. "Have you any idea what you've done?!" I cried, beating on his chest. "What you've taken from me!"

"Yes." He all but choked. "I do. I killed my wife out there today. My pregnant wife."

I scoffed at him, it coming out more as a furious hiss. "Your pregnant wife. The wife that you'd been with for how long, hmm?"

"4 years." His voice cracked with tears.

"Jason and I were together for 3,000 years. 3,000 fucking years! And He died, because of you!"

His eyes flashed red at my accusation, but he kept silent not wanting to cause anything more.

"You will never know what you have taken from me. Now. Get. Out." I spat, launching him through the door before I slammed it, and shut it.

-----------

The final rays of sunshine disappeared as I knelt by the spot where....

The red tears flowed before I could stop, and I fell to trace where they had drawn his blood, making his death far more painful than it had already been.

"You know what must be done." James' voice sliced through the silence. I nodded, kissing the blood stain before I rose to my feet, returning the the human village.

They all froze in their tracks at the sight of me, every villager, young and old grabbing weapons for another attack.

All their eyes were already on me as I began to speak.

"I apologize to all of you, but this won't hurt a bit. And none of you will remember. Any of it."
♠ ♠ ♠
so if you didn't understand she 'dazzled' them or whatever the vampires do and made the village forget about Ghost town, and the A7X boys and all that were lost in the battle.