Status: Completed.

False Pretense

Seventeen.

"Hey, where have you been?" Tre asked as I took a seat next to him on the basement floor.

"Oh, throwing up. I had to take a shower." I smiled sheepishly and Tre leaned down to kiss me. Nothing like guilt to prove you're alive.

"Are you feeling better now?" He asked in a hushed tone. I looked up at see Billie coming down the stairs with Mike.

"Yeah, yeah....I think I am." Billie smiled at me as he sat down in the circle as well; across from me.

As I watched everyone around me get stoned, I started thinking about what happened with Billie. I was never the type of girl who was saving myself for the right guy. I never cared much about relationships or having a boyfriend. I didn't day dream about marriage or kids; I wanted a life for myself. So I didn't feel emotionally tied to Billie, but I definitely felt something.

~ ~ ~

My mind was hazy and my eyes were bloodshot and I felt satisfied. Genuinely happy with my life; I smiled.

"God, I love weed." I passed the bong to Mike, who was smiling cheekily.

"Me too, man, me too." I looked around the circle of stoners, I recognized most of the people from Gilman's, but then there was Kat. Who was the only sober one.

She was leaning against Tre's shoulder and seemed to be lost in her thoughts. She must have felt my eyes on her, though, because she looked up and smiled. Her hair was dried by now, and it flowed around her shoulders beautifully. I shook my head and fell backward; clearing my mind as I stared at the ceiling.

~ ~ ~

After the last bowl was cashed, everybody started goofing around. Tre grabbed a pillow off the couch and hit Traci in the back. She giggled as she grabbed the pillow from his grasp and she began to chase after Mike.

Mike grabbed the other pillow as he ran around to the back of the couch. Traci jumped onto the back couch; putting her right foot on the back of it and leapt off. Mike backed up and I watched his horror as she landed on her knees, pushing him furiously backward. He hit his head on a water pipe and began to fall backwards; hitting his head on the concrete wall before landing with a violent thud.

"Oh, my god!" I screamed, running behind the couch to see an unconscious Mike and a guilt-stricken Traci.

"I'll go call 911!" Tre yelled before hurried footsteps could be heard.

Billie walked slowly behind the couch, clutching the back for support. I noticed the evident worry on his face; I frowned.

"Billie, he's going to be okay. An ambulance will be here soon." I tired my best to soothe him as I pulled him into a hug.

* * *

An hour later Traci, Billie, Tre, Ollie and I were sitting in the waiting area of the hospital. Ollie was trying to negotiate with the receptionist to get more information on his status. Traci was crying still, which caused my heart to ache. Billie was pacing back and forth; muttering obscenities to the receptionist. Tre was lying down in multiple chairs with his head in my lap. I was scared, anxious and guilty all in one.

I needed to break up with Tre, but our current situation didn't make it any easier. I wasn't going to get with Billie, and that's not why I had to break it off. Tre is hilarious, sweet, caring and trustworthy. Trustworthy. Something I'm not. He deserved someone who was going to be able to return everything, and I was no such person.

The elevator chimed as I watched the doors open and the doctor we had met earlier came into view. I shook Tre lightly to wake him up and I giggled as he wiped his mouth. The doctor was an elder man with light white hair and kind blue eyes. He was smiling sympathetically as he approached, and that didn't help any of us.

"Dr. Wheeler! Please, can you tell us now?" Traci jumped out of her chair and he smiled kindly at her.

"We've ran tests, and did x-rays, and I'm afraid your friend has broken both of his elbows. He has a few bruises, and abrasions, but the only serious damage are his broken bones." Traci gasped and I hurried to her side before she fell over. Billie's eyes widened in horror and he whimpered.

Tre looked at Billie in horror and said exactly what was on both of their minds.

"The band! Doc, please tell us he's going to heal." I'd never heard Tre sound so desperate and I watched as he ran both his hands through his hair.

"Relax, son, your friend is going to be fine. He's just going to be...disabled till he reaches full recovery." We all sighed in relief and Dr. Wheeler laughed lightly.

"Can we see him?" Traci asked, holding both my hands in hers.

"Yes, he's in room 316. I must warn you that he's under heavy sedation and it'd be best for you to go in one at a time."

Billie headed toward the elevator as Traci thanked the doctor. Tre and I chased after him and he pressed the up bottom.

Once we were all in the elevator, Traci started sniffing and leaned closer to Billie.

"Billie," She sniffed, "You smell like...sex."

I felt my heart beat faster as we all looked at Billie. He seemed to be speechless, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Well, uh.." He looked up, flipping his palm face up.

"Did you sleep with Sam and not clean up afterward?" She asked, disgusted, stepping back to her original spot.

"Yeah." He spoke slowly; smiling sheepishly.

I giggled as he turned bright red and he glared at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, yeah, but quicker updates.

Thanks for reading!