Status: Welcome to finals week, Marybeth. Unfortunately, you will have no time to update if you want to pass.

Coma

Golfing and More Stalking

“Seriously Emma, I know I’m hot and all, but if you follow me again, I won’t hesitate to call the cops,” a voice Emma was beginning to recognize called out during my back swing. Emma scowled in annoyance as I completely missed the golf ball.

“Don’t you know not to talk in someone’s back swing?” she hissed, putting her club in her bag.

Sebastian grimaced. “Shit, I’m sorry; I was just surprised to find you stalking me again.”

Emma sighed, “I think it is you who is stalking me, what are you doing here anyways?” It had officially been two months since Mark was in a coma, and the doctors told Emma that there was a slim to none chance that he would ever wake up. Of course Emma had been a wreck. To calm herself, she got her clubs and headed to the local country club to golf. Golfing had always calmed Emma for some reason, and it didn’t hurt that she was good at golfing.

Sebastian smiled at Emma. He thought she looked amazing her Bermuda khaki shorts and a pale yellow polo. “I work here silly,” he motioned to his outfit, causing Emma to finally take notice to it. Sebastian had on plaid navy shorts, a bright pink polo, and a sweater vest that was different shades of pink.

“Do they make you were that outfit?” Emma found herself asking.

Sebastian’s grin widened. “Nope,” he said, “but I felt like I had to dress the part. I look good don’t I?”

Emma nodded without realizing she was. Once she realized what she was doing, she immediately stopped and blushed, hoping Sebastian didn’t notice; he saw the whole thing. Emma couldn’t lie to herself and say Sebastian didn’t look good. Somehow, his strange outfit fit his body perfectly and it looked like it was made for him. “So, what made you decided to come golfing?” Sebastian asked.

Emma shrugged. “I golf when I’m stressed; it calms me.”

“What happened?” Sebastian asked, curious.

Emma hesitated. She didn’t really want to load all of her problems on a stranger. “The doctors say Mark isn’t going to wake up,” she heard herself whisper.

Sebastian sent her a sympathetic look before walking up to her. He pulled her into a comforting hug, noticing she smelled like vanilla. “It will be okay, he’ll make it,” he soothed. Emma didn’t say anything; instead she just hugged Sebastian back. “I know something that will make you feel loads better,” Sebastian said, enthusiasm in his voice.

“What’s that?” Emma asked, removing herself from Sebastian’s arms.

“Come on,” was all Sebastian said before he grabbed Emma’s golf bag and walked away. He turned and motioned with his hand when he noticed Emma wasn’t following him. Emma sighed and followed him, grumbling to herself the whole way. “Hop on it Emma!” Sebastian yelled, sitting in the driver’s seat of a golf cart. “We’re going to take a little cruise,” he said when Emma sent him a confused glance.

“Can’t you get in trouble for that?” Emma asked, unsure.

Sebastian nodded, “I could probably get fired,” he said happily.

“I don’t want to cause trouble,” Emma said.

“Nonsense,” Sebastian said, patting the seat next to him. Emma sighed before sitting down. “Haven’t you ever wanted to take a ride in a golf cart? And besides, it’s nice to take a walk on the wild side now and then.”

Emma didn’t say anything because she knew she never ‘took a walk on the wild side’ as Sebastian put it. Emma preferred to follow the rules. “So, what do you do at the country club?” she asked as Sebastian started the cart.

“I get to pick up all the balls after closing!” Sebastian yelled excitedly.

“That’s an interesting job,” Emma lied.

Sebastian grinned and looked at her from his puerperal vision. “We all can’t be famous chefs,” he said in a joking tone. Emma laughed and was about to say something when Sebastian suddenly sped up and narrowly avoided an older lady.

“Sebastian!” Emma yelled, grabbing her seat for dear life.

“What?”

“Watch where you’re going! You almost hit someone!” Emma continued to yell.

“Relax Em,” Sebastian said, giving Emma nickname, “I am a licensed driver.”

“Not for golf carts you aren’t,” Emma muttered, but Sebastian heard her.

“Do you want to comment on my driving some more?” Sebastian narrowed his eyes at Emma, not paying attention to his driving one bit.

“Pay attention!” Emma screamed, closing her eyes and they came closer and closer to a tree.

“I’ll take that as a yes!” Sebastian huffed and threw his hands up in the air, completely letting go of the wheel. Emma screamed again and he smirked. Sebastian put his hands back on the wheel and slammed his foot on the gas, making the cart speed up even more. Everything was fine until the cart flew over a sand trap, causing them to land bumpily on the other side. Emma didn’t expect any of this, so the land made her fly out of the cart. She landed directly on her back and she groaned out in pain. Sebastian slammed on the breaks and sprinted to where she was laying in pain. “Fuck, Emma! Are you okay? What hurts? I am so fucking sorry,” Sebastian cried, his hands fluttering around Emma.

Emma laughed and sat up; the pain only lasted for a minuet. “Sebastian chill, I’m fine. That was so much fun!” she yelled, and continued to laugh.

Sebastian stared at her with a confused expression. “Did you hit your head or something? I almost killed you.”

“Well besides that part, it was so much fun!” Emma was still laughing. “Thanks Bass, I haven’t had that much fun in forever.”

Sebastian smirked at her. He grabbed the black Sharpie he had in his back pocket for some reason and grabbed Emma’s left arm. “Call me if you ever want to almost die in a golf cart accident again,” he said as he wrote his number with permanent marker on her skin. Emma smiled, knowing she would need more near death experiences now that Mark had a slim chance of recovering.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha, I like this chapter. :)