A Couple Fries Short Of A Happy Meal

Testosterone

I walked into my room, which was basically a closet with two twin beds and one dresser shoved in. This setup only made situation worse. As if staying in a facility full of juvenile guys is bad enough, but to add to it, me and my room mate would be squished up together. No privacy whatsoever.

I went to the dresser with some difficulty due to my luggage, and opened the top drawer, only to finds a mish mosh of underwear and socks. The next drawer was filled with pants and shirts. That meant the two bottom drawers, the hardest to get to, were mine. I opened one of mine and started shoving random clothes in, then did the same with the next, the bottom most drawer. I left everything else, like feminine products and make up, in my suitcase.

I sat down, and my new roommate walked in. He did a double take when he saw me. He’s still not used to having a girl with him.

“Uh, hey,” he said awkwardly, “I’m Jeremy…”

“I’m Rebecka Lee, but you can call me Rebecka. Or just Becka,” I raised a hand in a slight wave, the plopped it back down.

“Uhh…I guess I should introduce you to the guys…,” He ran his hand through his hair.

“I guess,” I shrugged and got up.

He led me back into the room, where everyone seemed to be wither talking or watching TV, But that all changed when I walked into the room.

“Um, guys, this is Rebecka…” he said.

The short one raised his hand, “I’m Frank.”

“I’m Zac,” the chubby one said.

“Josh,” said the skinnier version of Zac.

“Gabe,” came a voice behind me.

I turned and was greeted by and guy with skinny jeans and an over large jacket. He was actually kinda cute…

“We have one more, Gerard, but he’s talking to the councelor,” Gabe smiled at me, and kissed my hand. Chivalry? At a Teen Facility? I wasn’t buying it.

“Okay… So what do we do in this shindig anyway?” I asked.

“Mostly just hang out, but we have counseling sessions, and for those who are naughty, they get Isolation,” Gabe grabbed an apple that Josh was about to bite in.

“Hey!” he said, trying to get his apple back.

“That’s all? How the hell are we supposed to get better?” I sat down in an empty seat and crossed my legs. I might as well get comfortable. I was here for god knows how long.

Everybody shrugged, and then the door burst open, revealing a guy with long dark hair and hazel eyes… Gerard, maybe?

“Hey, guys, what’s up?” he said in a quick rush, “I’ve been assigned cafeteria duty and I--.”

We never found out what he had to do, because his eyes met mine. Then he blushed.

”Uhh, who’s this,” he pointed at me. Rude, much? Why didn’t he just ask me, who new me best?

“Rebecka,” said Josh, who was pouting.

“Oh, uh, here she here to get something?”

“She’s staying here, Gee,” laughed Gabe, who was sitting on the couch next to Josh, eating the apple.

“Staying…here? I thought this was an all guys facility?”

“Well, I guess it isn’t now,” said Gabe, his mouth full oh the juicy fruit.

“Oh… Well, I have cafeteria duty… so talk to you later, Rebecka,” he walked out of the room.

Wow he was… odd, was the word. Whatever, I would have to get used to it, because he would be my block mate. Him and the other guys… No girls… Just me, and five other guys… Whoa.

“So, I guess we should go outside for a while,” suggested Gabe, who had long finished Josh’s apple, and was standing up.

“Outside?” I never went outside. It was bright and buggy. Ew.

“Yeah, it’s six, that’s when all the other blocks go outside and chill before dinner. It’ll give you a chance to show yourself to the entire facility.”

Show myself to the whole place? That may be too much. I don’t want to be overwhelmed by all the testosterone.

“I guess,” and I followed everyone outside, where there were about three dozen other guys talking, laughing, goofing off, and whatever else guys did to have fun.

“Where—,” that’s when I realized I had been abandoned.

I walked to a tree, which was, unfortunately on the other side of the field. Heads turned, conversations went silent, and everybody stopped what they were doing what they were doing, when I passed by. I put my head down, which was no use, I still had my long hair and feminine body to give myself away. From this day on, I was going to be the center of attention; something I didn’t want when the place was filled with male hormones that hadn’t seen a girl their age since they got sent here.

I sat down underneath the tree, and I watched as the guys started talking, probably about me.

That’s when a scrawny boy approached me. He had brown hair down to is shoulders, with eyes to match.

“Hey, I’m Bert.” He smiled.

“Rebecka,” I raised my hand and wiggled my fingers to say hello.

“I couldn’t help but notice you passing by… Are you staying here?”

“Yeah…”

“What block?”

“Seven…”

“Oh, wow. I’m from block twelve. What did you do to get here?”

“Lie, steal, drugs, drinking… Everything I apparently shouldn’t be doing… What about you?”

“Even if I told you, you wouldn’t believe me.”

Hmm. I wonder what Bert was hiding… Whatever he did, it must be bad, if he didn’t want to tell me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yaaay, updatee :)
Thanks for the comments :D
I must say, I kinda like this update:P
Ooh, I got an idea.
i get 4 more comments, I'll update:)