Captivated

Captivated

"Actually, I think that would be kinda cute. Typical, but cute," Michelle observed perkily, dipping her spoon into her cereal and pulling it out again, before shoving it into her mouth.

She did this a few times, before Scarlett actually replied,

"What would?"

"You know how you gave me that email/letter thingy last night, and the whole jacket thing. I think it would be cute when he'd offer her his jacket and shit," Michelle advised.

Scarlett gave me an un-easy glare,

"Yeah. And then you'd think of getting married to the jerk or somethin'?"

Michelle shrugged, then nodded,

"Yeah I guess so."

"U-huh. If he doesn't die of pneumonia first!"

Michelle rolled her eyes,

"Have you ever even been on a date?"

"Yeah," Came the urgent reply from Scarlett.

"Have you ever been on a date with someone even remotely similar to JOS?"

"No," Scarlett shook her head definitely.

"So you can't complain!" She said, a notch stronger than previously.

"Does the Jesus of Suburbia even WEAR jackets?" Scarlett asked sceptically.

"Maybe, I donnow," She shrugged.

"Okay, I give up. Suit yourself. But I have one question,"

"Yes?"

"What would you do if he tries to kill you or anyone you love again?"

"Kill him,"

Scarlett said nothing but raised a doubtful eyebrow and didn't say anything for what felt like forever,

"Can you promise me something?"

"I guess,"

"Don't fuck him again,"

Michelle gave her a dirty glare, before storming out of the room angrily.

***

"Okay, Jimmy, Jimsta, old pal, I-," Mike began, but Jimmy cut him off.

"... Jimsta?" He questioned.

Mike shrugged off the statement, and kept talking,

"... I have self control. I can get through this without committing a crime, okay?" He finished.

"Okay," St Jimmy shrugged, "Don't come crawling back when you shit yourself after catching 'em in the back seat of an abandoned car parked down the road."

Mike gave St Jimmy an evil glare,

"Not if I can stop her first,"

He strided down the road, not looking back once.

***

'Crampton Drive," Mike read aloud, "Crampton Drive. Where have I heard that before."

Mike looked around at all the houses down that street. Well, on one side of the road anyway. The other side was a conservation park. Without a moment's hesitation, he found himself walking up the path of the park.

It was so green and fresh- and fucking freezing. He couldn't help but to shiver. Even the raindrops on the blades of grass had frozen into ice.

It all seemed so familiar.

***

Michelle ran angrily down the street, as it began to rain. She knew she should have gone back to her house before she froze to death, but she didn't.

"I'd feel so stupid," She kept on reminding herself, every time she considered turning back, "There's nothing I hate more than feeling stupid."

"Maybe some public toilets would do as shelter," She mumbled lightly, trying to avoid getting raindrops that were dribbling down her face in her mouth.

A conservation park.

They should have toilets there.

She managed a light smile as she jumped over the small barrier fence that surrounded the conservation park.

"Chill, Mich, chill," She kept on repeating.

There was no one else in sight except for one masculine figure. She shrugged and kept walking.

"I wish JOS was here," She thought hopefully, looking around, as if someone has read her mind and sent JOS to her, "I'm tired of people discriminating him."

***

Mike kicked up some loose bitumen as he walked along, scraping his almost-new converse all-stars.

"And she doesn't give a damn about me. Coz I'm just a teenage dirt-bag, baby," Mike sang.

"I know a teenage slut-bag, baby. I turned down her so I could be with you, maybe," He interpreted, managing a slight giggle,

He looked up at the figure in the distance, and kept a stern, steady eye on it,

"And I'm gonna force myself onto you, baby. I'll do what it takes- even kill him, maybe."