Dark Scene of the Crime

Just another reason I could never forget you.

Alex’s POV

After Rowan left, I stood on the corner of the street, watching her walk away until she was out of my sight. I felt a weird pang in my chest near my heart, but I ignored. Alex Gaskarth doesn’t get feelings for girls. Especially beautiful ones who are smart, sweet, and beautiful. I shook my head. NO. I couldn’t be feeling anything for Rowan. That’s not what guys like me do. Besides, I fucked up big time. There was no way she would talk to me again. I sighed as I looked back at the club. It wasn’t worth it. I grabbed my keys out of my pocket and walked to my car in the parking lot. Pulling open the car door, I got inside and started it, driving my way out of the parking lot. I drove home, pulling into the driveway when I got to my house. I got out and locked my car, walking up to the door and unlocking it. I pulled the door open and went inside, closing it behind me.

“Hi sweetheart,” my mom said when I walked into the kitchen.

“Hi mom.”

“Did you have fun at the party?” she asked sweetly.

“I guess,” I mumbled, taking a seat at one of the dining room chairs.

“You guess? What happened honey?” She turned away from the sink and the dishes, turning towards me and giving me a concerned look.

“Well, I told you I invited a girl to go with me, right?” She nodded. “Well I forgot to tell you it was a bet by Jack, Rian, and Zack, and I accepted and got her to go with me, after trying like 15 times. She wouldn’t go with me at first. But I got her to go. And Jack accidentally told her that it was a bet, and she got upset and left,” I mumbled.

“Aww sweetheart, first of all, don’t ask a girl out just because it’s a bet, always think about how it would hurt the girl. And what happened when she got upset?” she asked.

“Well, she ran outside, but I followed her and told her let me explain, but she wouldn’t, she went on about ‘what’s there to explain, that it’s a dare, and she was just there to help me win,’ but then I kissed her and she said that that was probably just part of the bet too, but it wasn’t! And she still wouldn’t let me explain, then she said ‘you’re exactly jerk I thought you were,’ and she left,” I told her.

“How did you feel when she left?” she asked as she took a seat next to me.

“I…I felt a pang in my chest. It hurt to watch her just walk away from me,” I whispered.

“Honey, I think you like this girl,” she said quietly.

“I can’t like her,” I mumbled.

“And why can’t you like her?” she asked. I sighed; I didn’t think she would hear that.

“I don’t know, because I never like girls, mom. I just, I think girls are hot, but I never actually like any,” I told her.

“That’s what makes this girl special. You should apologize to her, whether you want to believe you like her or not,” she said. I groaned.

“Thanks mom,” I muttered. She nodded.

“Anytime dear,” she said as she patted my knee and got up. I sighed and got up, heading for the stairs. I climbed the stairs and strolled into my room, lazily plopping down on my bed. I pulled my phone out of my envy out of my pocket and scrolled through my contacts, stopping on Rowan and opening up a new text message.

Rowan, I’m sorry, please give me a chance to explain tomorrow.

I hit send and held my phone in my pocket, waiting for her to reply. I let my eyes drop closed, as I was very tired. I sighed as I drifted off to sleep.

I woke up to my alarm beeping. I groaned and rolled over, turning it off. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, stretching my arms. When I sat up, my phone tumbled off my chest and to the floor. I stared at it in confusion for a minute before I remembered. Rowan. I picked it up and looked at the screen, hoping there was a text message. My heart dropped when I saw I had nothing from her, just text messages from other girls and a missed call from Jack. I sighed and stood up, setting my phone on my desk and going into the bathroom. I turned the shower on, turning the water as hot as it could go. I stripped myself of my clothes and stepped inside the shower, letting the hot water cleanse my body. I shampooed and conditioned my hair twice before washing my body and getting out of the shower. Wrapping a towel around my body, I stepped out of the bathroom and walked back into my room, going over to my closet. I pulled out a pair of black skinny jeans and a purple v-neck. I quickly dried myself off and slid on some boxers before slipping on my clothes. I walked back to the bathroom and looked at my hair. It was almost dry, so I decided to let it finish drying in its straightness. I went back into my room, putting on socks and Nikes. I looked at my phone, still nothing. I sighed and put it in my pants pocket, grabbing my keys and my backpack as I walked down the stairs. Once in the kitchen, my mom greeted me.

“Good morning Alex,” she said sweetly, setting waffles on the table. “I made waffles for you.”

“Thanks mom,” I said as I sat down, taking a bite out of the waffles.

“No problem, sweetie,” she said. “Have you done anything about this girl yet?”

“I texted her, but she never replied. But I’m gonna try to talk to her at school. It might take a lot of tries, but I can get her to talk to me,” I told her. “As a matter of fact, I better go early so I get more tries,” I said as I got up, picking up my backpack and running to the door.

“Good luck!” my mom shouted as I ran through the door and towards my car. I jumped inside, setting my backpack on the chair next to me and starting my car. I back out of the driveway and raced to school, quickly finding a parking spot and getting out of the car. I slung my backpack on my shoulder and ran inside the school, searching for Rowan. I spotted her by her locker and ran towards her. She was listening to her ipod again.

“Rowan,“ I said as I pulled one of the earphones out. She sighed.

“What do you want? Did you get dared again?” she asked sarcastically. I sighed.

“Rowan, give me a chance to explain, please,” I begged. She looked at me and sighed.

“Alright fine, you have 1 minute to explain,” she said as stopped going through her locker and turned towards me.

“Look, yes it was a dare, and I asked you out because it was a dare. But then I actually met you, and saw you, and I figured out I would have asked you to come with me even if it wasn’t a dare. You’re a beautiful girl, and you’re funny and sweet. I didn’t know that, and I thought it would be easy to just ask you out because of a dare, even if you got hurt. When I watched you walk-”

“Times up,” she declared. I groaned.

“Rowan!”

“Alright, fine. Go on.”

“When I watched you walk away last night, I felt an unfamiliar pain in my chest. I--I’m just sorry, okay? I didn’t mean to hurt you,” I finished. She nodded.

“I see that Alex. But that doesn’t change the fact that you have a rep, that says you’re a jerk and only want to sleep with girls. I can’t help believing that, I’ve heard all the talk. I know you’re one of those cocky jerks, and I’m not willing to put myself on the line and get hurt,” she said quietly.

“Give me one chance. Let me take you on a date. Give me a chance to show you that I’m not just some jerk who wants to get in your pants. Please, Rowan, it’s the least you could do,” I pleaded. She sighed.

“I’ll think about it,” she mumbled. I smiled.

“Thanks babe,” I said with a wide grin. She groaned.

“Do you call every girl babe?” she asked. I shook my head. She rolled her eyes, “I’ll see you later Alex.” She turned around, but I grabbed her wrist. She turned back towards me. “What?”

“Where are you going?” I asked.

“Art class. Why?” She cocked an eyebrow.

“Can I come with you?” She sighed and nodded.

“Sure why not.” I smiled and slid my hand down from her wrist to her hand, grasping it firmly in my own. She groaned and tugged on my hand, leading me towards the art room.

“So you take art?” I asked. She nodded.

“Yeah, its my favorite class,” she told me. I nodded as she opened to door to the art room. “Good morning Mrs. Finnigan.”

“Good morning Miss Winters,” the teacher said, smiling at Rowan. “And who is your friend this morning?”

“Alex Gaskarth,” Rowan said, holding up our intertwined hands. Mrs. Finnigan smiled.

“How adorable,” she said with another smile. Rowan shook her head.

“Oh no-” Rowan started.

“Yep, that’s my little Rowan,” I said, kissing the side of her head with a smile on my face. Rowan glared at me and pulled me to the back of the room by the canvases.

“Why did you let her think we’re together?” she whispered as she a seat in front of one of them.

“Why tell an old teacher that she’s wrong?” I asked with a smirk. She groaned and dropped my hand, picking up a pencil. She started drawing, so I decided to watch her. “What are you drawing?” I asked after a while.

“You’ll see when I’m done,” she replied. I groaned and leaned back in my chair, letting my head hang back. “Do you want to see now?” she asked after a while. I nodded and sat up in my chair, looking at her picture. She had drawn a strange picture of a tree. I gasped.

“Rowan…” I whispered.

“You don’t like it?” she asked nervously. I shook my head quickly.

“It’s amazing,” I whispered. She blushed.

“Thanks,” she mumbled. I nodded as the bell rang.

“Come on, I’ll take you to your first class,” I said as I stood up and grabbed her hand, pulling her out of her seat.

“Have a good day Miss Winters, I’ll take care of your drawing for you until you come back,” Mrs. Finnigan said as we left the classroom.

“I didn’t know you were such a good artist,” I said to her as I pulled her through the halls.

“You don’t know a lot about me,” she mumbled.

“So give me a chance to figure out those things,” I said. She sighed.

“Alright, fine.”

“Really? You’ll go on a date with me?” I asked excitedly.

“Sure, I guess,” she said with a nod. I grinned at her.

“Thank you so much. I promise I’ll try my hardest not to fuck it up,” I said.

“Okay, now get to class,” she told me, stopping in front of her classroom door. I nodded and put my hand on the side of her face, giving her a kiss before skipping down the hall towards my classroom, leaving a stunned Rowan behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Rowan is the name I decided on, obviously.
I don't necessarily like this chapter.
Sorry, it sucks.
Next one will be better, I hope.
Comments make me update faster.

Alright, know the song the lyrics are from?
Tell me in a comment :P

Get to 15 comments before I update again?
That would be lovely.