Mind Over You're the Only Thing That Matters.

make all of my decisions for me;

“So, tell me a little bit about you,” Jack said, in between poorly chewed pieces of bread and bacon. I laughed at his contentment, and slowly began to pick apart me own sandwich as I thought of something to say.

“Well, my name is Tia Gray, but I often get called Ace. I’m nineteen years old, I work at a shitty restaurant on what I am sure is under minimum wage. Uh, I live alone, and I have to borrow money from my always vacationing parents because I’m a bit of a loser, and can’t afford rent on my own. I love music, usually that of the punk/pop persuasion and if I had the money, I would spend all my time at concerts, but you know, I don’t.” Jack stared intently at me, his eyes never leaving my face.

“And that concludes the tour of my pathetic life; get your souvenirs on the way out.”

“Wow. Are you really nineteen? You act much older than that!” Jack said accusingly, pointing a finger to accompany his allegation, and I laughed at his childish expression.

“Yes, indeed. I guess I had to grow up a bit, seeing as my parents weren’t around to look after me much. But yeah, enough about my dead boring life, tell me about you.”

“Weeeeeell. I’m Jack, I’m eighteen, I really like your bacon sandwiches. Uh, I’m currently just about to graduate and after that, my three best friends and I are going to make music and tour the world in our band!” He said proudly, and I perked up with interest. The excitement in his eyes was riveting and I realized that Jack seemed to be that type of person that held that childish innocence that you couldn’t help but love. No wonder I was so set on protecting him from the streets the night before.

“Oh! A band! Tell me about that?”

“My best friend Alex and I started it, he does lead vocals and guitar, and I do guitar and backup vocals. Then I conned Rian into playing the drums for the band, and he knew Zack who plays bass and also does backup vocals. Our name is All Time Low, and we have released one EP and one studio album, and we are about to be signed to Hopeless Records. We also happen to be my mommy’s favorite band...” Jack trailed off with a massive grin, and I chuckled, grabbing his plate off of him to chuck in the dishwasher.

“Wow! That is really impressive! I meet you just in time,” I said with a playful grin. “Maybe one day I could come see you play! When I have money, of course,” I added in quietly.

“Are you kidding? Just bring a bacon sandwich and you’re in, babe!”

Once again, he had me chuckling softly. “You are such a charmer.”

Just as Jack was about to reply, a loud vibrating noise sounded from Jack’s pocket as he scrambled to grab out his phone. He flicked it open, and focused on the text he had received. I took that moment of silence to study him more. He wasn’t anything too special to the eye of someone seeing him momentarily on the street. He wasn’t very tall, and he was of a skinny build, with arms that probably couldn’t fight their way out of a wet paper bag. His hair was black with badly dyed blonde streaks through it, and his nose was slightly bent in the bridge, indicating that it had been broken before. His eyes were a welcoming brown and very large as if he was constantly amazed by everything. All in all, he was a very attractive guy.

“Well, that was Alex. Apparently he woke up in a Burger King dumpster and was wondering where I was,” Jack said, laughing at his friend’s misfortune. I joined in, the idea seemed slightly ridiculous.

“So in that case, I must be off. Is there any way I can repay you for your amazing hospitality?”
I started to shake my head. “No, it was my pleasure. It was nice to meet you, Jack Barakitty,” I said with a smile, offering him a hand to shake once more. He took it in between his large fingers and smiled that radiating smile.

“As it was you, Tia Ace Gray. I hope we meet again, yet maybe not in the same circumstances...”

I laughed at this. “As long as you are clothed, I think we’re good. So, how are you getting home?”

“I’ll just walk, I’ve lived in this town long enough to know it like the back of my hand.” Jack went to stand up and suddenly fell forward; his face mere inches away from having an unfortunate meeting with my wooden floor if I hadn’t have swooped in and grabbed him by his torso.

“Whoa... Thanks, again. Wow, you’re like my guardian angel,” Jack said with a cheesy grin and I rolled my eyes in an amused fashion.

“Come on, you loser.”

“What are you doing?” He questioned as I helped him with his shoes, and then to the front door, me quickly grabbing my handbag before walking out.

“I’m catching you a cab, silly, you are still too drunk to get home in one piece. In fact, I’m going to make sure you get home alright, you can’t even walk a straight line!”

“Yeah well...” Jack started defensively before adding, “...you are probably right.”

“I always am.”

“Just one problem, I have no money to pay for this cab.”

“I’ll pay, it’s alright,” I said, flashing him a genuine smile as he looked me long and hard.

“Why? You barely know me! I can’t let you do that! I’ll walk home, I’ll be fine!” Jack patted my arm, trying to take a step before I jumped in front of him, intercepting his step.

“Okay, how about this, next time I turn up shit-faced and puking in your doorway, you pay for a cab back to mine, deal?” I said, leaving out the fact that I wasn’t much of a drinker, and even if I was, I had no one to drink with. Jack seemed to consider this idea, before finally giving in with a small, boyish smile.

“Alright, deal. You are way too good to me; there should be more people like you in the world.” I smiled at his kind words, it had been a long time since someone had appreciated me like that, and it felt good to glow.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I know! Another boring chapter, I'm sorry! But I promise you now, because I'm in the middle of writing it, the rest of the All Time Low lads show up in the next chapter!
Thank you for reading and commenting! It really means a lot to hear your feedback, it makes me smile all big like! :D
Thoughts? (: