I Fell In Love When I Least Expected to...

Chapter 1

I growled as I was thrown in a cage. I hated cages. I bared my fangs at the owner of the shop who laughed and kicked my cage. I growled loudly again when surprisingly the owner rushed away.
I cocked my head to the side surprised… but then I heard it.
“Yes sir let me show you these…” the owner was saying.

Here we go again…

A tall man walked in. I immediately understood that he was a vampire… an important vampire to say the least.
“Your Majesty” a woman who was nearby said as she bowed deeply.

So… he’s the King? Huh… yeah right

He turned to look at the other cages but his eyes stopped when he saw me.
“I want her” he said as he walked over to my cage.
I glowered at him but he just smiled.
“Yes I definitely want her” he said to the owner who looked frightened.
“But Your Majesty… she is wild...” the owner started blubbering.
“My son can tame her. She’ll be his after all” the King said dismissively.
“How much?” the King asked again as the owner sighed in defeat.
“Oh she’s free sir! A present for the Prince!” the owner said bowing deeply.
The King nodded and walked over to my cage.
I snapped my jaws at him.

I am not going to be a present to a vampire... especially to a Prince…

Why not?

I looked up at the man standing in front of me and cocked my head to the side… I was confused beyond belief…

You can hear me?

Of course I can. I’ve been trained well you see…

Ok then… I’m not going to be your kid’s birthday present!

Why not?

I want to be free… I don’t want to be some toy for a small brat!

You have no choice. And you’ll go without a fight I presume

When hell freezes over…

Let’s make you a deal… you will come with me to the castle and you’ll be my son’s pet. But you’ll be allowed to go to the gardens whenever my son doesn’t need you and you’ll also be allowed to go outside the castle grounds… but only when my son is with you.

Will I ever be allowed to change back to my human form?

Only when I say so… And after that it’s up to my son to give you an answer to that question.

I stood there and thought… what did I have to lose? I’d at least be able to go outside… even for a short time. And even if things don’t work out… they’ll probably take me back here.
The man looked at me expectantly and I sighed.

Deal

Excellent… now please don’t try to run away

I wasn’t planning to…

The cage door opened and I walked out and stretched. I allowed the man to untie the stupid leash the owner had made put on me and then I walked outside with him.
“Here we go” he said as he pointed towards a limo.
I stared at the limo in surprise. I knew he was royalty but this was too much!

I got in and sat down opposite him. I looked outside of the window only to see vampires walking around with their pets…
I sighed and looked back at the man who was examining me.
“So what’s you name? I suppose you have one…” he said looking at me.

It’s Selene.

“That’s a beautiful name. Well… Tonight there’s a ball in order to celebrate my son’s 18th birthday. You can come as well… in your human form” the King said.

I can?!

“Of course you can but you’re going to be introduced as my daughter’s best friend… and of course you’ll stay with her during the course of the night” he said.

And when will I be… given to him?

“At midnight. You’ll leave the ballroom and go to the kitchens. There, you’ll be put in a sort of box. The box will be taken back to the ballroom… and well my son will unwrap his present… and that’s it” the King said.

Fine then… how old is your daughter?

“Amelia? She is 17 years old” the King said.

So am I…

“That’s nice. Then I suppose you’ll have a lot in common” the King said smiling at me.
After a short while I turned my attention back to the King.
“Well we’re almost there. I’ll immediately take you to my daughter’s room where you’ll change back to your human form and she’ll help you get ready for tonight” the King said.
I nodded and looked outside the window. The view was mind-blowing.
A castle on the opposite side of a big lake stood in all it's glory in front of me. It was far better than any castle Cinderella could even dream of...

Wow… it’s amazing

“Welcome home, Selene” the King said smiling down at me.
The car soon stopped in front of two big double-doors.
I got out and the King hurried me inside. Since he was a vampire he was very quick so I ran behind him, careful not to make a sound.

He stopped in front of a red door which had a black rose on it. He knocked and after a short while walked in. He let the door open so I assumed I had to follow him.

When I walked inside I smiled. The room was black and red… roses were all around the room and the decorations were great. The theme was black, red and white.

“Dad… what are you doing here?” a girl asked as she walked towards him. She gave him a quick hug and glanced at me.
I examined her closely… for a vampire, she seemed quite nice.

“And who is she?” Amelia asked as she walked closer towards me.

Fearless isn’t she?

Yes. I’m afraid she is…

She kneeled down next to me and I subconsciously sniffed her.
She giggled and pet me.

“She is beautiful… where did you find her, Dad?” she asked turning back to her father.
“She is a gift for Alexander… I just got her” the King said.
“Oh! This is so great! We can be friends!” Amelia said smiling down at me.

She can’t hear me… can she?

If you trust her enough then you can let your guard down, dear. She doesn’t know how to break in… Now that I think about it, she wouldn’t break into your thoughts even if she knew how to…

I looked up at her and she smiled.
“Dad can she turn into a human so I can see her and talk to her?” Amelia asked.
“Of course. Tonight she’ll attend the ball as a human. You’ll introduce her as your best friend Destiny, to everyone” the King said.
“And when will she… well you know… be given to Alexander?” Amelia asked.
“At midnight. She’ll go to the kitchens and turn back into a wolf. There, they will put her in a box… and they will bring her back to the Ballroom where Alexander will unwrap his present” the King said.
Amelia nodded and smiled down at me again.
“Alright I’ll leave you two alone. Don’t let your brother see her until the ball” the King said.
We both nodded and he left.

This is going to be interesting…
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! This is my first story here!
Please tell me what you think!!!!!!!

~Ria~