I Fell In Love When I Least Expected to...

Chapter 13

Two weeks later, I awoke to the sound of a wolf whining.
I couldn’t really figure him out at first but I concentrated on communicating through my mind. I couldn’t transform and I know that it would be painful since I was so weak and everything… but why not try at least communicating?

Are you Selene?

Who are you?

I’m a friend of Lucian’s, Nate. Your brother sent me to help you out…

Why should I believe anything you have to say?

He told me you probably wouldn’t be able to trust me since you two haven’t seen each other in a long while and since I can’t really tell you what’s going on… he told me to tell you a name…

A name?

Nyx…

That was… how Lucian called me when I was little. Fine, I believe you… how are you going to help me escape?

Easy… just wait.

The door to my room opened and a boy stepped in. He was tall, muscular… and I have to admit, quite handsome. But he was nowhere near Alex…
My heart hurt just at the thought of him… those beautiful green eyes…
Oh God, did I miss him…

I ran out and I heard a ‘pop’ behind me, and soon he was running next to me.
As I ran to where I thought was the exit I saw dead bodies everywhere… guards and prisoners alike…
Had Nate done that?

Did you…?

Yes. They would have caused a problem. Either of them…

Oh…

I was quiet as we finally left the castle… Nate suggested I got on his back so we could leave faster… I didn’t think it was right but I couldn’t transform so it would have to do for now…

After a while he stopped and I sat down. I concentrated on transforming so hard that tears fell from my eyes. It was very painful but I managed.
Nate turned surprised to look at me.

What?

Nothing… I just… didn’t expect a girl to be so strong… and get over the pain so fast…

Well I’m not any girl, am I?

No Princess, you’re certainly not…

I cringed at that… my brother might be the Alpha of the pack… well that and the King of all the other lycan packs…
But I hated being a Princess… I had to have guards with me and I had to set the perfect example…
That was not me. I couldn’t be stuck in a situation like that…

I’m not… I never was…

But, now that you’re back, why not?

You did fine without me in the past… I don’t think I’m needed…

Lucian might not be happy to hear that… anyway, let’s leave now. They might be searching for us…

They’re too slow to catch up… but you’re right… let’s get going…

We snickered at the vampires and ran off. Nate led the way but we raced some of the way.
He was a good guy and I probably would have considered him as more than a friend… if only my heart was not elsewhere.
♠ ♠ ♠
i just got back 2 hours ago & i decided i couldn't wait to update later! =) sorry for making you guys wait..... =/

i'm sorry to see that one of you guys gave up on this.... ='( i'm REALLY sorry but i couldnt find a pc....... ='(

please tell me you didn't give up on this too... ? =(

~Ria~