Peter Pan

Chapter 1: Here Comes the New Comers

Drip, drip, drip.
The rain fell softly on the roof of my old house. It felt soothing, although it was summer and most people rathered having sun. Maybe, I was a bit different. I went to a normal middle school in the small town of Roseville, Virginia. I wasn't really accepted in any group, there were populars, in the middle populars, and not populars. I don't really know where to go, I'm hopeless in social life. But, that all changed this summer when a new neighbor arrived.

"MARY!" the yell of my mom's voice woke me up on Saturday, it was the second week of summer.
"Yes mom?" I answered only sitting up in my bed.
"Can you feed Marley?" my mom yelled.
"Yeah!" I replied then got out of my bed.
Marley was the golden retriever we got right after the movie "Marley and Me", me and mom loved that movie so much we decided to get a Marley too. But our dog isn't as hyper as Marley in the movie, thankfully, or I wouldn't know what to do. After I fed Marley my mom grabbed the car keys and gave me a kiss on the head.
"Pancakes are on the stove, you know where everything else is. Have fun sweetie!" my mom said cheerfully and ran out of the house.
"Have fun doing what?" I mumbled but I wasn't in a bad mood, at all.
I starred out the window and saw a moving truck in front of a house that was for sale for more than a year. Weird.. Well, it's a nice house so I'm sure it's not too weird not someone's buying it. The new owners of the house weren't here yet, and the moving guys from the moving trucks looked confused and awkward. I put on a hoodie and took my keys and my cell phone. I locked the door on my way out and made my way to the woods.
The rain fell softly on my head and I didn't bother to put my hood on. It felt peaceful, but I knew I was getting restless. Not just today, Roseville was the most boringest town ever. The last crime was last year and that's when Mr. Jonson's (see they even have lame last names!) dog, Pluto, stole a hot dog from the hot dog cart. I needed adventure. Maybe I should visit my aunt in New York City? That'd be fun. Except for the fact we're broke and I have absolutly no way to get there. My aunt's lives alone and is a author, she seemed to have an old secret life or something long ago. Nothing I know about, but I've always been curious about that. Something about a broken heart, hm? I pushed the thoguhts out of my head and thought about the summer. The carnival came in July, that's nice. But's it's only for the second Saturday & Sunday of July, so I needed better plans right now. My mom would suggest I would hang out with my friends, but what friends? I have a kinda friend, Victoria, but she's the kind of girl that's friends with everyone. Oh and there's my pen pal, Naomi who's from Tokyo, Japan! She was really nice, we had pen pals from all over the world assigment in fifth grade and Naomi was my partner. We've been in touch with e-mail, IM, and we talked a few times on the phone. (she speaks English, too)
I walked for another twnety minutes, looking at the trees and animals, before heading back to my house. The moving men were still standing there wondering what to do, and the rest of the neighborhood seemed quiet except for Mr. Jonson walking Pluto.
"Hi Mr. Jonson!" I said waving.
"Good morning, Mary. How's everything?" Mr. Jonson said smiling.
"Fine, thank you," I said smiling.
I petted Pluto and then said good bye as I went into my house. I went on my old computer and checked my mail, there was one from Naomi, Victoria announcing a pool party next Saturday, one from Aunt Lori (the one from NYC), and that was it. I replied to my mail, then I shut down the computer and settled on my bed with a new book. I read for awhile but I couldn't keep my mind on the book. Who are the new people that are going to move in across the street? Will they have a kid my age? Will that (maybe) kid be nice? Will he/she be my friend? Will they bring me adventure? Or maybe it's just some boring old people. I sighed and tried to not get my hopes up to high, but I was too excited. Then the phone rang and it was Naomi, so that was pretty exciting too (it was a long distance call so we don't get to call each other every day). I talked to her for an hour andf a half and then she had to hang up because the phone card thing was going to get expired or something. As I hung up the phone I saw a SUV pull up in front of the newly bought house and a family got out. Here comes the new-comers...