Peter Pan

Chapter 2: New Friends

I looked at the family with curiosity, they seemed pretty oridinary. There was a young girl probably five or six and there was a boy older than me, maybe a year or two. A man and a women, middle aged, normal looking, probably their parents. At least there's kids in the new family.. I knew that my mom would get pretty excited and make them a cake or something. I went outside and sat on the porch swing watchign the family, they didn't notice the petite brunnette girl watching them.
Nothing else happened that morning, I watched the new comers unpack their stuff, with the help of the moving-truck-men, and try to not cause a disaster. Finally, I went inside and watched some tv.
Boring,boring,boring.
Will anything ever interesting happen to my life? At least one summer. I sighed and turned off the tv. I went to the kitchen and looked at the small memo pad with the magnet on the back, on the refrigatator, that me and my mom wrote the grocceries on.
French bread
Ground coffe
Frozen pizza crust
Noodles
Pinapple juice
Pomagranete juice
Feta cheese
Pita bread
Organic milk
Bottle water
Yougurt
Watermelon
Cantolope
Lettuce
Cucombers
Tomato
Apple
Oranges
Blackberry
Blueberry
Cherry
Strawberry
My mom and me liked to eat healthy and stuff. Most of the stuff I had to get from Trader Joe's and I couldn't ride my bike there in this rain with this many grocceries. I could probably just go to Safeway and get some of the grocceries there. I re-wrote the list to the things I could get and bring.
Noodles
Blueberries
Cherries
Oganic milk
I stuffed the new list and put the old one back up, I went to the living room and took my jacket and grabbed my bike helmet from my room. Then I jumped on my bike and headed to Safeway.
As I was looking for the cherries I bumped into Victoria.
"Oh, hi Mary! Whats up?" she said smiling.
Victoria can be a bit intimidating, but I smiled anyways, "Hey Victoria, theres a new family on my street,"
"Really cool! Do they have kids our age?" Victoria said excited.
"There's a girl our age and a boy a few years older than us," I added.
"We should talk to them soon! Why don't you come over to my house for lunch? I'm sure my mom won't mind, anyways Margaret is coming over, too. Then after we can go talk to the new kids! Sounds good?" Victoria said giggling.
"Alright," I said nodding my head.
Margaret was a nice girl, kinda shy, but she opens up eventually. I didn't mind her at all.
"Vicki! Lets go, sweetie!" Victoria's mom said from the entrance of the supermarket.
"See ya!" Victoria said waving.
I waved back and then finished my shopping. By the time I was done the rain was just a drizzle and the ride back was easier. I actually felt a bit nervous talking to the new kids. Sure, it would be easy for Victoria, but not for me. Or Margaret. We weren't exactly in the cool crowd, what if the new kids were just some snobby, normal, people? Well, I would actually have talked to them, so that counts for something, right?
When I got to Victoria's house, Margaret was already there.
"Hi!" they both said smiling.
I guess Margaret was already out of her shell!
"Hi! Whats new?" I asked as I took a seat in one of Victoria's bean bags.
"Not much we were looking at these magazines. W're having little contests too! We're looking for ugliest shoe!" Victoria said.
"Here, pick a magazine from this pile," Margaret said pointing to a pile of magazines.
"Ok," I said, I might not be too into fashion but I'm counting Victoria and Margaret as my friends and we were having fun.
After about an hour in Victoria's room, and magazine hunting, we went down to lunch. Victoria's mom had made homemade pizza.
"Mmm... Smelss good!" I said grinning.
"I know!" Maragret said rubbing her stomache.
We all laughed like good 'ole friends and ate our delicous pizzas!
After lunch, Victoria said "Ok, lets go meet the new kids on Mary's street!"
"That makes me a little nervous," Margaret said.
"Me too..." I said.
"I know we're all a bit nervous, but come on! We'll have fun!" Victoria said encouringly.
"Ok..." Margaret and me said.
So then we were off to my street to meet the new kids.
"Are we just gonna go up to their front step and knock on the door?" Margaret asked.
"Maybw, if they're inside. I think they'd be still unpacking.. You said they moved in today, right, Mary?" Victoria asked.
"Yup," I answered.
We got nearer to the house anf I saw the whole family all doing something.
The boy was helping his dad bring sometrhing in a big cardboard box inside. The girl was talking to her mom and her mom looked more in conversation with one of the moving men. Then she turned back to the girl. Finally the girl saw us approaching her house and smiled.
"Hi!" Victoria said, with my and Margaret echoing her.
"Hey," the girl said smiling. She had light brown hair with brown eyes. She had high cheekbones and her hair was in a messy ponytail.
"I'm Victoria, and this is Mary and Margaret," Victoria said mentioning toward us.
"I'm Lora, that's my brother Johni," Lora said.
"Cool, where'd you move from?" I asked, then suprised that I had actually spoke up.
"We came from San Fransisco," Lora said.
"Cool, so have you lived there your whole life?" Margaret said opening up, too.
"Yeah, my dad's company just opened up a new office here in Roseville and he got sent here," Lora said.
Then, Lora's brother Johni walked up to us.
"Hey, I'm Johni," he said smiling.
"Desperate for new friends, Johni? Don't you have someone else to hang out with, John? I have to get a rep here, I can't be seen hanging out with my bro!" Lora said faking a gasp.
Johni chuckled and said "Can't I at least talk, Lora? It is freedom of speech here ya, know. Sorry about that, my sis loves injustice," Johni added chuckling.
"Aw, come on!" Lora said laughing.
We laugehd, too. The new kids were actually pretty fun!
"Well, I'll see you later. My dad's abotu to strangle me if I don't go and help," Johni said smiling then walked away.
"Yeah, I gotto go help, too. Guess I'll see yuo later!" Lora said running back to their house and waving.
"Well, they seem nice..." Margaret said as we stepped onto the sidewalk.
"Yeah, I guess we'll see them again soon. Especially you, Mary! Lucky! That Johni is pretty darn cute!" Victoria said giggling.
"Vic's right!" Maragaret giggled, too.
"Uh... Right..." I said shrugging.
I was really interested in boys... Oh well, Margaret and Victoria can have Johni.
"I have to go back home, I've got piano practice," Maragret said sighing looking glum.
"Don't you need a ride home?" Victoria asked.
"No, my house is three blocks down Mary's. I'll just walk there, bye!" Maragret said waving goodbye.
"i have to go home, too. Bye, Mary!" Victoria said waving walkign a different direction.
I waved back then crossed the street and went back to my house.
Maybe the new-comers weren't so bad after all...