We'll Fly Home, You And I

Chapter 10

_______________________________________________________________________

I was bouncing up and down beside Bob's bunk. He was the only one not awake and we were going to arrive at the Way's in less than half an hour.

"Come on! Get up! Get Dressed! Get up!" He threw a pillow at my feet and I nearly slipped, but caught myself. "Don't make me come in there!"

"I'd like to see you try." I was about to, but Frank jumped from his bunk and into Bob's and pulled both of them out.

"No more sleeping Bob! Just because you don't live in Jersey doesn't mean you have to stay on the bus. You're staying at Ray's apartment!" Ray's head popped up from the front of the bus.

"Since when?'

"Since now." I rolled my eyes. I had grown much closer to all of the guys in the last 24 hours. Discovered Frank is really hyper, Mikey's quiet, Ray's a video game junkie, Gerard's a nerd, and Bob is strong. He nearly broke three of my ribs while I was trying to brake up a fight with Mikey he was having with Frank over which movie they were going to watch.

"Hannah? Could you come here for a sec?" Gerard called. He was in the back of the bus somewhere.

"Sure." I walked to where he was and he motioned for me to sit down next to him. When I did, he began to rub some sort of compound onto my face. "What are you doing?" I asked, backing away for a second.

"Your face still has the," he did a circular motion around his face, "things on it. I don't want my mother to freak out right off the bat." He continued to smear the make up across my face, covering the red circular marks.

"Do you think she'll like me?"

"I don't see why not." I sat silent for a moment, thinking.

"What if she thinks I'm. . . . I'm a groupie?" I almost thought of myself as one, but Gerard reassured me,

"You're not a groupie. You're here because we care about you and you’re the raddest chick we've ever met." I smiled slightly, but wasn't completely convinced. "Here," Gerard handed me a mirror.

"Oh my god, I look dead!"

"Heh, ya sorry about that. We don't have any . . . normal make up." I looked pale. My normal skin was lightly tanned. This was. . . . actually kind of cool. I pulled a weird face at my self in the mirror.

"So, I've never dealt with mothers before. Are they nice?"

"I don't know about all mothers, but mine is. But our family is kind of strange-"

"Really strange." Mikey added. He came in and sat on the couch next to us.

"We're not that strange, Mikes."

"Well, if you weren't in the family, I'm sure we'd be pretty nor-" Gerard had attacked him before he could finish. He flipped him over onto his stomach and sat on his back. My mind flashed images of old memories in front of my eyes. Screams. Laughter. The shocking torture of my childhood. My ears filled with the laughs of Mason and Gerard, along with the cries of myself and the pleads of Mikey. The soft coos of my care taker. "Hannah Banana. . . . . Hannah Banana, come here precious…

"STOP!!" I collapsed onto the couch and reality returned to me. I rolled up into a ball and held myself. Terror filled Gerard's eyes and he went over next to me and replaced my arms with his own.

"I'm sorry, Hannah. I'm sorry," he said rocking me back and forth. Although, I'm pretty sure he had no idea what he was sorry about. I wish my past would just disappear so I wouldn't have to deal with it anymore. I wish it had never happened. I need to be strong. I need to get through this.

I slowly sat up and wiped away the tears that had fallen from my eyes. "We're sorry Hannah," Mikey said across from me. I shook my head.

"It's fine."

"Are you going to be alright?" Gerard asked. I nodded.

"How much longer til we get there?" I was desperate to change the subject.

"Ray! How much longer?!" Gerard yelled to Ray in the front.

"Five minutes at the most!" Five minutes? I started to get nervous. What if I made a fool of myself? Gerard grabbed my hand and led me to the lounge area. We sat next an angry looking Bob and an overly hyper Frank. Frank noticed that my eyes were slightly red. He looked at Gerard, but he shook his head, telling him not to talk about it.

"You excited?" Frank asked.

"I think 'anxious' is a better word." He smiled at me.

"You should come by my apartment and meet my fiancé!" I gave him a confused look.

"You have a fiancé?" He nodded and lifted up his shirt and pointed to his chest. In small cursive writing was the name 'Jamia'. "She sounds sweet."

"She's sweeter than sweet! She's the best fucking girl ever!"

"Who else has girlfriends?" I asked.

"I'm married!" Mikey beamed. My jaw dropped slightly.

"To who?" He pulled his phone out of his pocket and showed me a picture of a girl his age with medium length black hair and dark eye shadow smiling back at me.

"Her names Alicia. And she's better than Jamia," he whispered.

"Okay," I whispered back.

"The rest of us are single at the moment. I plan to get a girlfriend while we're back though," Ray said.

"You do that RayTo," Gerard said. I grabbed the bottom half of him as the bus violently pulled to a stop. Oh shit. "WE'RE HERE!!!"

_______________________________________________________________________