We'll Fly Home, You And I

Chapter 12

_______________________________________________________________________

I stood at the front door, bouncing on my heels. This was my first time to actually go shopping, and apparently I could get "whatever I want". Heaven, right?

"Just. . . Don't overdo it too much," Gerard told Jamia and Alicia.

"Ya, ya, whatever. Come on Hannah!" I was already out the door. The jacket that I had bought in Chicago wasn't doing much help though. I climbed into the back of one of their cars and we drove over to the mall.

"So, where do you want to go first?" Alicia asked. My mind went back to the time when Charlie had taken me shopping.

"Hot Topic," I smiled.

"Good choice." We turned to our left and started for the store.

"So are you going to go on the tour with them?" Jamia asked.

"Um. . . I guess? I don't know. Most likely."

"Then we'll have to get you a lot of shirts and tennis shoes." We entered the store right as "Helena" started to play on the speakers and almost got completely trampled by a wave of teenagers. What is it with me, Hot Topic, and walking in when they're playing My Chem songs? "Oh the irony," Alicia whispered to us as we looked through the racks of clothes. The crowd, who had before been screaming the lyrics were now whispering to each other. Uh oh, they're quiet. That can't be good.

"It Is Them!" One of them shouted and they all ran over and began to ask a bazillion questions at once. The only ones I caught were,

"Is Ray really tall in person?"
"Would you leave Mikey for Gerard?"
"Did Frank get any new tattoos?"

I sank into the back of the store and continued to get stuff off of the shelves why the dealt with their own problems. One of the older clerks that worked at the store had to break them up and told them to either buy something or get the hell out. When they walked back over to me, the looked like zombies.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"That's never happened before. Has that ever happened to you Jamia?" her speech was barely above a whisper. Jamia shook her head. "Well, let's finish up before it happens again."

::Gerard's POV::

I sat at the kitchen table, a mug of coffee in hand even though it was late in the afternoon. Ray and Bob had left about an hour ago. Frank and Mikey were in Mikey's room playing an old Nintendo 64 game.

"Gerard, you shouldn't drink coffee so late. You won't be able to sleep tonight." I won't be able to sleep either way.

"It's fine, Mom. I'll take something to make me sleepy." She eyed me for a moment before taking a seat next to me.

"Honey, I'm proud that you've taken on the responsibility of a child-"

"Teenager," I corrected her.

"Teenager, but you have to understand that you can't just take her. It's not that easy."

"I know, but if I ask her, I don't know if she'll say yes."

"Gerard, quit lying to yourself. You know she will jump at the opportunity." She was right, but I didn't know if I was ready to have that kind of responsibility.

"WE'RE BACK!!" Jamia called from the front door. I got up from my seat, but saw that just Jamia and Alicia were in the living room.

"Where's Hannah?" I asked.

"She's going to take a shower." Oh ya, she hasn't had one yet. "Can you believe that we got mobbed by a bunch of your fans? And they weren't the nice ones who respect you, they were those stupid teenies."

"Haha, so what, like, are you famous now? Should we go get you a limo and buy you over priced sun glasses?"

"We already have over priced sun glasses, and so do you, so you shouldn't be talking."

"Where are Mikey and Frank?" Jamia asked.

"Mikey's room. Video games. Go before they get too addicted and won't be able to stop until they fall asleep." They both ran down the hall. I went back into the kitchen for my coffee, but found it cold and stuck it in the microwave. When I pressed the start button, it did nothing. What the. . .

"It's still broken. We haven't gotten a new one since Mikey experimented on it. Never found the need for one."

"After twelve years, you still haven't bought a new one? Did you get a new vacuum?"

"Of course I did. If I didn't this house would be covered in a thick layer of dirt and dust." True. Frank walked in and went straight to the pantry, grabbed a bag of chips and left. He was overtaken by the video games. That sometimes happens while we're touring. He almost missed a show once because he was one level away to the last level of Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter.

"Hey!" Hannah stood in the door way. She was wearing ripped jeans, a My Chem shirt, and the ever popular, always in style, black converse. "I don't know if I like the shirt though. It's kind of creepy," she said, her fingers scratching at the design, that I had personally drawn, on it.

"Well, I like it. It looks much better than your old clothes." She came over and hugged me. I didn't want to let go of her, and neither did she. But the rest of the guys walking in separated us slightly. She was now hugging my hip.

"Hey, we're gonna go. We'll come back tomorrow morning though," Mikey told us. "Wow, Hannah, you look clean!"

"And I smell clean too!" She smiled.

"Alright. Bye!" They all left to their separate apartments. Now, it was just me, Hannah, and Mom.

"Where do I sleep?" she asked.

"Mikey's room. They should have tidied it up a little."

"Alright. I think I'm going to go ahead and go to bed. I'm pretty tired."

"'Kay. If you need anything, I'll either be in here or down in my room," I pointed to the door that lead to the basement.

"Got it. G'night," she waved.

"G'night." Once she was out of earshot, I turned to my mom. She stopped me by putting her hand in front of her.

"Tomorrow," she said. I nodded. "I'm sleepy too. Don't stay up too late Gerard."

"I won't." She exited the kitchen. I wouldn't be able to fall asleep for hours. I was too antsy to sleep for fear and excited for what tomorrow would bring.
_______________________________________________________________________