We'll Fly Home, You And I

Chapter 14

_______________________________________________________________________

The whole house was silent, except for the loud thumping of my heart. Did he just. . . ask me to be in his family? Maybe I never woke up. This could just be a dream. Or he could just me joking with me. If he is that is the cruelest thing anyone has ever done to me. I glared over to him. His smile quickly faded.

"I mean it." He said. "I really really want to be your dad." Dad?

"Are you sure? Because you hav-"

"I've never wanted something so much in my life. Please, Hannah." Tears began to sting the rim of my eyes, and I could barely make them out in his own. I jumped up from my seat and rushed onto him, embracing his neck as hard as I possibly could. Breathing wasn't important right now. Tears of joy were flowing freely from my eyes now.

"Yes, Yes, A Thousand Times, Yes!!" We laughed with each other and Mrs. W—Grandma came over and joined in our hugging fest.

"Oh, I've always wanted a granddaughter! I'm going to call everyone and tell them the news!"

"Wait, I though we were going to keep this a secret," Ger- Dad said. I looked confused at him. "I don't want to pop up and say 'Hey! I have a daughter!' right as a new CD is coming out. I don't know what the outcome would be."

"I understand," I told him. "But I can still come with you right?"

"Of course! I wouldn't want to leave you here!" A wave of hyperness suddenly rushed over. I ran down the hall into Mikey's room then ran back into the kitchen.

"Is it okay if I call you Dad now?"

"As long as it's okay if I can call you Hannah." I grinned and went back to Mikey's room to change into normal clothes then sat in the living room waiting for Alicia and Mikey to come. They were already running one and a half minutes late and I was growing quite impatient. Dad came in with his coffee and sat down next to me. Dad. . . I could get used to this. "Are you going to call him Uncle Mikey?" he asked.

"I don't see why I shouldn't. We should surprise them, don't you think?" An evil grin appeared on his face. The sound of the front door opening was heard.

"Hide behind the couch and follow my lead," he whispered quickly. I obeyed and ducked behind it just as they walked in. He started to fake cry, which I have to admit he was quite good at.

"Gerard, what's wrong?" Mikey asked, concern dripping off of his voice. He sniffled.

"I-I asked-d her if I could b-be her D-dad and she got all m-mad at me and left!!" He cried. I looked over to see Grandma standing in the kitchen door way. She could see me and gave me a questioning look and I put one finger to my lips. She winked at me and went back into the kitchen. I could hear her mutter an "Oh boy," and had to keep myself from laughing.

"What!?! How come you didn't go after her?!"

"BECAUSE SHE CAN RUN SO GODDAMN FAST!!!" I saw Mikey look at Alicia for help.

"I'm sure if we take a car and go look for her we can find her," she said.

"No, you won't be able to find her."

"Why not?" I took this as my queue.

"'Cause I'm right here!" Gerard stood up and began to laugh at the looks on their faces. He hugged his brother and I joined him.

"Oh, Mikey, I'm Dad now!!" His eyes expanded.

"What? I'm an uncle?!" Mikey looked down at me and I nodded.

"Hell Ya! I'm an aunt!!" Alicia yelled, joining us.

"When?" Mikey asked.

"Like, just a few minutes ago. I thought he was kidding," I said.

"Oh my god! This is so awesome!" Mikey pulled out his cell phone. "I'm gonna call Ray and Bob."

"Can we call Frank and Jamia, pleeease?" I begged Dad.

"Go for it. They might not pick up, though."

"I don't care!" I shouted, running to the phone in the kitchen. One of Grandma's eyes raised at me as I began to dial. "Calling Frank," I explained. She grinned and left the kitchen. It began to ring. Once. Twice. Goddamn it, pick it up asshole!

"Why the fuck are you calling me so goddamn early?" I heard a groggy voice say on the other end.

"Frank?"

"What Hannah?"

"I have important news to tell you." I paused as if I was going to say it.

"Then fucking tell me!" he yelled.

"No, I don't think you deserve to know something so secret, the world would explode if they knew." The other end was silent.

"I'll go buy you a present if you tell me." Oh, present? For moi?

"What are you going to get me?"

"GODDAMN IT HANNAH!! FUCKING TELL ME!!!"

"Gerard's my Dad." I hung up the phone right after I said it. Hehe. I'm so evil. I walked back into the living room.

"What'd he say?" Mikey asked.

"I don't know. But he said he's going to get me a present!" I began to jump and down and ran over and hugged Dad again. I was in a hugging spree.

"I think I should get you something too." Two presents? Man, today has to be the greatest day of my life.

"What are you going to get me?" He looked over to Mikey then back to me.

"Do you know when your birthday is?" My eyes fell to the ground.

"Sometime in October."

"Then that's when you'll get it."

"What!? Why can't I have it nooow??" He glared down at me.

"No whining." His fatherness was starting to show. "Do you have a specific date that you want to have your birthday on?"

"Um, how about. . .October 17!"

"Okay. October 17 is when you get your present." I studied his face for a moment.

"Did I say October 17? I meant October 1."

"Of course you did," he said jokingly patting me on the shoulder. Fuck, I want my present now!
_______________________________________________________________________