We'll Fly Home, You And I

Chapter 21

"Hi!" I said energetically into the receiver. There was a silence on the other end.

"Um. . . Mikey?"

"No, this is Hannah. His niece."

"Niece?" Oh fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

"Alicia's brother's daughter," I covered. "Are you busy? Am I bothering you?"

"Um, I guess not."

"Okay. Good. I really like your band. Wicked music."

"Oh, thanks! What's you favorite song?"

"I don't know. I've only heard two of them." There was another silence.

"Who did you say you were?"

"Mikey's niece. I'm sitting back stage at one of their shows right now. What are you doing?"

"We're on a break right now before we start working on our next album."

"We as in Jepha and Bert are there with you?"

"Um, ya. Sure."

"Can I talk to them?" He was quiet for a moment.

"Considering who you're related to, I don't know if that's such a good idea."

"Who are you talking to Quinn?" a voice said in the background.

"No one! Just go finish up your movie Bert," he said.

"Nuh uh. It's boring. Let me talk to them." A muffled sound came from the phone and it sounded as if it was being thrown around. A different voice, I'm assuming Bert's, came on.

"Hello?" he said in a French accent. I giggled.

"Bonjour," I said back.

"Oh my god Quinn! You know a hot French girl! What's your name." I racked my brain for Alicia's maiden name.

"Hannah Simmons."

"That doesn't sound French," he complained. I put on a phony accent.

"Oh no, dat eez my American name. My real name eez Madeleine Eloise D'Aubigne."

"Welcome to America Maddy. Or Hannah. How did you get Quinn's number?" I felt like joking around with these guys. Bert seems like fun.

"He is the father of my child. Duh!" Bert made an over dramatic gasp.

"Quinn, you're a father," he whispered.

"What?!" he said from the background. "I've never even met her!"

"How do you know? We did have some shows in France. I do recall you eyeing some girls over there."

"For Goddsakes! She's not fucking French! She's Mikey and Alicia Way's niece!!" Bert was quiet for a moment. "Alicia's brother's daughter," he explained. "She's at one of their shows right now." A swishing noise sounded and I could hear him whispering until he came back to the phone.

"I'm watching the "Under Pressure" video. You have an amazing voice Bert," I said.

"Why thank you," he said sweetly. "That video always makes me laugh. If you look at the very back of the crowd when they pan out, you can see a guy holding a sign that says 'Fuck me'." I laughed and started from the beginning of the video.

"Okay, I'll look for it," I told him.

"So where are you guys right now?" he asked.

"San Diego." I kept my answer short trying to find the guy with the sign.

"Wow, really? We're not too far from there. Where exactly?" I heard Quinn say something in the background, but didn't pay enough attention to know what it was.

"The Cox Arena." It sounded as if he was starting to move.

"I haven't seen the guys in a while. I'll come over." The jingle of keys played noisily.

"Okay. Bert I can't find the 'Fuck me' guy."

::Mikey's POV::

We finished up our Revenge set with "Helena" and exited the stage. It was an amazing first show. The crowds energy was so abundant that the whole place was about to explode with it. Too bad Bob wasn't here. I really hope he's getting better and doing okay.

I ran back to the dressing room before the rest of the guys. I had promised Alicia I would call her to tell her how the first show went. I opened the door to Hannah talking.

"Wait, hold on, I don't see it. Oh, there it is! ….. In the very back? Ya." Had Alicia called me instead?

"Hannah," I said.

"Oh, hey Mikey! Ya, he just walked in," she said into the phone. "No, you can talk to Mikey later. So did you see him after the show?" Who the hell is she talking to?

"Hannah, who is that?"

"Bert."

W-ww-what?! Oh fuck no. No fucking way.

"Well if he was holding a sign that said that, don't you think you would at least say something?" she told him.

"Hannah," I said, my voice in a warning tone.

"Well he obviously wanted some."

"Hannah," I was becoming angrier by the millisecond.

"Well what about Quinn?"

"HANNAH!" She jumped.

"Fuck, Mikey. What?"

"Phone. Now," I demanded. She gave me a 'what's-up-with-you?' look, but handed it over anyway. "Bert?"

"Oh, hello Mikey! So nice to hear your lovely voice again. How's Gerard?"

"Don't fucking talk to me you fucker! What the hell are you doing talking to Hannah?!"

"She called me. Well actually she called Quinn. We're on our way over right now." I pushed the end button, almost breaking it from the rage building up inside of me, and threw it down on the couch next to Hannah. I glared down at her. I was about to scream my head off, but Frank walked in.

"Guitar Hero! You are going down Hannah!!" A smile shown on her face and she stood up to go over to the Playstation. I pushed her back down.

"What the hell Mikey? What did I do?" she asked innocently.

"You know per-" I stopped. My phone was ringing. She looked up at me, grabbed it, and ran out of the room.

"Hannah!!" I chased her out, almost running into Ray and Gerard. They glanced at eachother and followed me.

"Go around to the back!" she yelled into my phone as she was running from us. I turned around to see Frank joining in on the chase also. She ran out a door that led to a marked off area that fans couldn't reach. The empty parking garage.

"What's going on?" Gerard asked as he had caught up with me. I didn't have time to answer. A green truck drove up the ramp and into the garage, parking next to where Hannah was standing. My fear had come true. Bert, Quinn, and Jepha got out, and Quinn and Bert hugged Hannah.

Gerard stopped dead in his tracks.