We'll Fly Home, You And I

Chapter 22

::Gerard's POV::

I watched as Bert fucking McCracken hugged my daughter. My hands balled into fists as the violence inside of me wanted to burst out of my chest and rip his fucking arms off of her. All of us stood there, deathly frozen onto the pavement. Bert turned and sent us a smile.

"Mikey, I love your niece. Can we keep her?" he said squeezing her closer to him at which she giggled. She fucking giggled. I couldn't even fathom the fact that Bert was so close to her right now. She has no idea what she's done.

Wait. My eyes shot over to Mikey. He knew that Hannah was. . . I'll keep my mouth shut about it incase he doesn't know the complete truth.

"No, you can't fucking keep her. Hannah, go back inside."

"But-"

"NOW!" I shouted. Her eyes fell to the ground and she slowly left Bert's arms, but he pulled her back.

"She doesn't have to go anywhere. I like her," he smirked at me and Mikey. That stupid motherfucker. His arms moved down to her waist and his head laid on top of hers. Fuck. Fuck. Control yourself Gerard. Don't go into a killing spree.

"Bert, I don't thi-" Quinn started, but stopped. Frank had finally caught up with us and had stopped many yards behind us.

"Oh shit," I heard him mutter. Oh shit was right.

"So, how was your show?" Jeph asked, as if it was something he always asked us. Bert began to make himself and Hannah sway back and forth. A smile appeared on both of their faces, but Bert's appeared to be more of a smirk. Quinn had a sympathetic smile on his face and almost seemed as if he was asking for forgiveness.

"Hannah." She looked over at me, the smile falling from her face. She pulled away from him, finally, and started to walk over to us.

"Why are you here?" Mikey asked as calmly as he could.

"We were in the area, and Hannah told us you had a show. It would only be polite to come and pay you a visit," Bert said. "What is she anyway? Your groupie?" I lunged forwards to scrape his face off, but Ray held me back. Hannah walked back over to Frank, not even glancing my way.

"She's Mikey's brother-in-law's daughter," Quinn said. Mikey turned around to look at Hannah. She was talking to Frank, probably trying to figure out what was going on.

"And you leave her alone. And leave us alone. We want nothing to do with you. You've paid your visit, now leave." Mikey had to say all of this for me. If I did it, they might get suspicious, even if they are complete idiots. Quinn pulled on Bert's sleeve towards the car. Jeph was already walking back, but he turned around to say one last comment.

"Nice costumes." I looked down and saw that we were still in our Black Parade clothes. Ray slowly let me go. I brushed off the invisible dirt on my "costume". The engine to their car roared up and Bert stuck his head out of the window.

"Bye Hannah!" I saw her start to wave, but Frank pulled her arm down. Fuck, why did this have to happen?

Hannah sat on the leather couch staring at her nervous hands. Ray and Frank were sitting in seats behind Mikey and me. We were standing in front of her, mentally discussing what we should do.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know," she whispered.

"Well you fucking should of!! And I can't believe that you hacked into Mikey's phone and invited people you don't know here!" I was so furious with her. My stance on the ground was strong, as was the continuous glare I was sending her. I still couldn't believe that this had happened. And the way Bert was holding her. . .

"I didn't hack into his phone," she protested. "It was just laying there. And they sounded really sweet. Especially Ber-"

"Bert's the worst! He's the one that got Gerard into drugs and farther into alcohol. Whenever they were around eachother it was like their brain cells just evaporated in their heads!" Mikey shouted. I started to remember all of the things we had done together. We were. . . really close. But he ruined it all during Warped. And he took credit for "Three Cheers" being such a hit because of his cover on one song. He also destroyed our shows and would pick on Frank and Mikey for their flaws. It wasn't their fault that Frank was short and Mikey was shy.

Mikey's phone started to sing. I glared over at him as he looked at the Caller ID and picked it up.

"This is a ba-" he was cut off by the other person. "Oh. Ya, okay. Here." He handed the phone to Hannah then turned to answer the question I was about to ask. "It's Alicia. She says Quinn wants to apologize and he takes all of the blame for this." Of course it was his fucking fault! But, Quinn was the only sane one of that group and at least he tried to make up for his actions. Hannah was holding back tears, I could see it. Her words were barely audible as she talked to Alicia over the phone. She handed it back to Mikey who put it to his ear then gave it to me.

"Hello?"

"Gerard, you have to forgive her. I know you hate Bert, but she hasn't seen that side of him. You remember the sweet Bert that you used to be with 24/7?" I didn't answer. I didn't want to remember. That just made everything he's done to us ten times worse. "Well that's what Hannah saw. You know she's new to all of this. You have to give her some slack. Okay?" I wasn't in the mood to talk to her. So I ended the call.

"Bye." I gave Mikey back his now forever cursed phone and turned to Hannah.

"Do you admit that what you did was wrong?" I asked sternly.

"Yes, every bit of it." I could hear the lie in her voice and did what I knew any parent would.

"For using Mikey's phone without permission and inviting strangers over, you have lost your iPod and the use of Mikey's computer for a week."

"What?!"