We'll Fly Home, You And I

Chapter 27

::Hannah's POV::

I watched in horror as some guy ripped Bert off of me and began to savagely beat him, making several blows to his head.

"Hey!!!" I shouted in protest. They didn't seem to notice and grabbed him by his hair and punch Bert straight in the face.

"Hannah!!" I heard someone say my name. Frank and Mikey came over and put a blanket around my naked body. I looked up at them. They looked so sexy right now. Gah, I couldn't take it. My mouth plunged towards Frank, but he pulled back so that I hit his shoulder. My teeth clenched around the fabric of his t-shirt. "Hannah! What the fuck are you doing?!" he asked pulling me off. I moaned.

"He drugged her. That's the only explanation for this." I looked up. Quinn had said it. Drugged? No, Bert would never do that. My eyes wandered over to him to find the man now kicking his rib cage. I bolted up from the couch and stood in the center of the living room.

"STOP!!" He obeyed, to my surprise, and turned around. It was Gerard. Dad. Everything suddenly hit me. That I had run away, yelled at him, and had sex with the one man he hates most. He probably hated me. He must hate me. I would. My fingers tightened their grip on the blanket as his eyes bore into mine. A muscle in my chin jumped and the rims of my eyes began to burn with a tingling sensation. "Daddy?" I whispered in a meek voice.

"Oh Hannah." He came over to me with arms wide open and caught me before my body could hit the floor from the overwhelming feeling that had rushed over me.

"Daddy?" I heard Jeph and Quinn ask eachother behind us. Ray and Frank most likely explained to him everything as I heard Uncle Mikey cuss Bert out. I couldn't make out the words.

"Shhh, it's alright sugar. I'm here. We're taking you back. You don't belong in this place," he comforted me. His grip on me tightened and I let out a small whimper. He let go. I didn't want anyone to touch me. Too many people already had. I stood up, catching my balance on the sofa, but quickly pulling away after remembering what I had just done on it. Mikey and Bert stopped yelling at eachother and I could feel everyone's gaze on me as I slipped my clothes back on, making it even more uncomfortable.

"Hannah. . ." I turned around to Bert. His boxers had returned to his body. My lip quivered, but I held back the tears. "Please. . . Forgi-"

"You don't even know what she's been through!" Ray shouted. I looked over at him.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"She used to be a prostitute in Chicago before I adopted her." Bert's face showed no sign of emotion. No sign of regret for what he had just done to me. "She was raped by people just like you Bert-"

"And I thought you were different!" I interrupted. "I thought you were better than that. Boy, did you prove me wrong."

"I'm sorry, Hannah. I didn't know!"

"But that still doesn't make it right! We could send you to jail if we wanted to," Dad said. He turned to where Quinn and Jeph were. "But we're not. Come on Hannah, let's go." He reached for my shoulder, but I pulled away. I heard him sigh as he sent one last glare before leaving the cursed place forever.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

::One Day Later::

I sat alone on the couch. Everyone else was asleep. I had told them not to stay awake with me, but, of course, Dad had protested and said I couldn't tell him what to do. So he was sitting across from me typing on his computer. The movie The Breakfast Club was still playing from earlier in the night. I had watched movies and slept all day. I didn't want to talk with anyone yet. Tomorrow they had a show in Phoenix. That's why I didn’t want Dad staying up so late either. He needed his rest. I switched my attention back to the movie.

" Do you know how popular I am? I am so popular. Everybody loves me so much at this school," Claire said.

"Poor baby. . ."


I always wondered what high school, or even middle school in my case, would be like. Only having to deal with social status and how to get that one cute guy to notice you in your calculus class. The only things I had ever learned, I had taught myself. I knew the basics of reading and writing and math. But History and Science were my downfalls. E=MC squared? Whatever you say Einstein.

"Hannah?" My head shot up. I must have been dozing off. "You know that I love you right?" I nodded. "And that I want what's best for you?"

"Of course."

"Then why did you run off like that?" I stared down at my hands trying to think of a good answer. But, I had none.

"Honestly, I don't know. Something just came over me." His eyes glanced down to see me massaging one hand with the other and wincing slightly as I hit a bruised area. I could tell he was worried.

"Are you hurt?" I pulled them away from eachother then let out a small sigh of discomfort.

"A little." He got up from his seat and was about to come over and hug me, but saw me lean back as he inched closer and put his arms back to his side.

"You should go to sleep. Rest will make it better."

"If I go to bed, will you go to bed too?"

"Yes. But we should go now."

"Alright." He walked over to the TV and turned off the movie and then his computer, leaving us with little light source as we felt our way back to the bunks. "Night Dad."

"Night Hannah."