We'll Fly Home, You And I

Chapter 28

::Next Morning::

I woke up with a sudden jolt as the bus hit a bump in the road, thus causing me to hit my head on the bottom of Ray's bunk.

"Ooooow," I complained. Fantastic way to start another glorious day. And I can rhyme. How fucking cute. I fell out of the bunk, onto the floor.

"Hannah?" Bob was leaning out of bunk. The left side of his face was solid. He couldn't move it one bit, but according to what I heard, it will get better. But it will never heal completely.

"I'm fine," I mumbled pulling myself up, but then buckling over. Well that was a lie. I could feel something warm sliding up my throat and rushed to the bathroom to empty my entire stomach in the toilet. What the hell?

"Hannah? What was that?" I guess no one else was awake yet.

"Nothing Frank. Go back to sleep." I flushed the toilet and walked out of the small bathroom. Bob gave me a questioning look. I guess he was awake. "The bus messed up my stomach while I was sleeping and made me sick." And dizzy. And even more tired. He nodded his head briefly and went back to reading some magazine. I went into the lounge area and sat on one of the couches. Deep down, I could feel something wasn't right. It was probably just what I had done with Bert that made me so uneasy. I needed to talk to someone. And not the guys.

Alicia

I got up and went over to Uncle Mikey's bunk. His sidekick was resting silently beside him. It was the reason all of this had happened. I didn't want to use it. I switched over to Dad's bunk for his cell phone. He most likely had Alicia's number since she was, of course, his sister-in-law. I knew his phone was in the side pocket of his bag on the foot of his bed, so I quickly got it and went into the back room.

My fingers clicked to the contacts and found her name first. "A" was at the beginning of the alphabet, or so I've been told.

I clicked send and waited as it rang. She answered after the second buzz. "What are you doing up? Isn't this a little early for you?" Alicia answered.

"No. . ."

"Oh, hey Hannah! What's up?" I didn't want to tell her all my problems right off the bat. Conversation first, consolation later.

"Nothing. Felt like calling. What are you doing?"

"Promise not to tell?" she whispered.

"Sure."

"I'm packing. I'm going to surprise Mikey for his birthday!"

"His birthday?" I questioned. Nobody told me this. "When?"

"It's in four days."

"Shit! I have to get him something."

"No worries. I'm sure Gerard and the rest of the guys are going to do last minute presents. You can go get something with them.

"Alright. Sounds like a plan. So when are you coming?"

"Three days. You will be in San Antonio ."

"Oh, okay." I sat in silence waiting for her to say something, but she remained quiet as well. "Alicia?"

"Hmm?"

"I-"

"If this has anything to do with Bert, Mikey already told me." My jaw dropped slightly. How the hell could Mikey tell her? This was my life. He didn't have to go and spread it around. "Don't worry about it sweetie. I'm sure everything will be fine." Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

"No, you don't get it. I'm worried because I've been on and off birth control for as long as I can remember, and this morning I threw up. And if I. . . ." If I'm pregnant with Bert's child, Dad could disown me. "I can't be pregnant can I? I've been doing this forever and it's never happened to me before! But what if I am? What will the-"

"Hannah. Calm down. Look, if you are pregnant, we can help you through it. It doesn't matter who the father is. It's still your child. And secondly, if you're not, then no worries!" My eyebrows furrowed.

"You don't sound as freaked as I thought you would. This is Bert we're talking about. I can't have his kid. How can you be so down to earth about this? It's a huge deal!"

"One of my friends went through the same thing, only it was her ex." She made it seem like this happened to everyone.

"But I'm pretty sure she wasn't thirteen."

"She was seventeen. Look if you're really that scared, I can come down earlier and bring Donna with me. She said that she might come with me anyway." Grandma?

"Would you? But I don't want you to ruin the surprise for Uncle Mikey."

"It won't ruin it. None of them still don't know that we're coming. We can even bring Jamia! It will be like a family reunion. Sorta." I poked my stomach. The thought of a smaller version of the man of my nightmares growing inside of me made a cold shiver run up my spine. "We can be in Albuquerque by tomorrow. Do you know exactly where the show is?" There was a list of all of the locations on the mini fridge out in the hall.

"Hold on, I'll go check." I put the phone down and went out into the hall. Ray was up and pouring some water into the coffee machine.

"Good morning. Heard you talking back there. You aren't going crazy are you?"

"No, I'm on the phone with Alicia." One of his eyebrows rose slightly. "Girl talk."

"Girl talk as in. . .?"

"If Kotex or Tampax tampons work bet-"

"Okay! Got it. Girl talk." I laughed for a second before getting a look at the list on the fridge and heading back to Alicia.

"Kiva Auditorium."

"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow. Remember not to tell the guys about it!"

"Sure thing. Can you call me on Dad's cell phone when you get here?"

"Dad? Oh, Gerard! Right. Okay. Eat lots of crackers!"

"Do cheetahs count?" I could hear her sigh.

"Men," she mumbled. "They'll have to do until we get there."

"Alright. And let's hope I'm not pregnant." It hit me again. I could be pregnant! Oh god. Oh god. Oh god.

"Okay. Bye Hannah!" She sounded positive that I was.

"Bye."