We'll Fly Home, You And I

Chapter 3

_______________________________________________________________________

At first, I was wondering how I was going to get there since the Metro was on the other side of town. But my worry subsided when Charlie offered to drive me.

"Oh, really? Charlie you're the best!" A smug smile appeared on his face.

"I try," He said. We were sitting in a little restaurant. It was around 11:00. Charlie was forcing me to eat something, saying if I didn't eat before I went, I would faint from exhaustion. And we didn't wan me falling down into a mosh and getting completely trampled by a bunch of people moving around violently.

"So have you ever heard of these guys before? My Chemical Romance?" I asked before taking a bight of the piece of chicken in front of me. He scrunched his face to think.

"Sorta. I think I saw a video they did on TV once." I became interested.

"What was it?" His face contorted again.

"I don't know. I thought it was a movie commercial. They were in this school and playing croquette and stuff. But it was a long time ago." My face fell and I took another bight of the dead animal. I had forgotten how much I loved food. Once my plate was cleared and he had paid the bill, Charlie said something that caught me completely off guard.

"Let's go get you some new clothes. You can't go to a concert dressed like that."

"Wha-? No Charlie, you've already paid for my meal and you're taking me to the other side of town. I don't want to be a bur-"

"You're not Hannah! You need to learn that it's okay for people to help you every once in a while. You don't have to pay me back. Now come on, we're going shopping."

We were in our fifth store. I didn't know shopping could be so hard. I've never done it before. Charlie had told me that they were defiantly a rock group, so I couldn't wear any frilly things. Which was perfectly fine with me, I wouldn't be able to wear it later anyway.

We saw a girl walk by in dark ripped jeans and a tight black shirt covered entirely of small broken hearts. Apparently, that's the type of thing that I was going to be wearing because Charlie walked up to her and asked her where she bought her clothes.

"Hot Topic," she said matter of factly. Awesome. He asked for directions to the store from here, and we were on our way. I started to get excited. The whole experience seemed surreal. I knew if I had any friends besides Charlie, this would be all we would talk about for months.

Once the store came into view, I was completely drawn to it. The darkness to it was always something I had loved. But I had to learn to love it because it was my life. I ran into the store and my eyes almost exploded by all that I took in. The loud pounding music, the skull covered attire, almost everything in black. I was in heaven.

"Pick anything you want kid," Charlie said from behind me. My smile was so huge, I was afraid it was going to come off my face.

"Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!" I said, squeezing him to death. Charlie was my hero.

"Don't thank me, thank my boss. He gave me a raise a week ago, I just didn't have anything to use it on until this happened." I was about to protest that he shouldn't waste his hard earned money on me, but he stopped me by pushing me towards a rack of shirts. I instantly forgot all about it.

My heart was set on the first shirt I saw. It was black and it had a gun on it that appeared to be shooting hearts. I yanked it off of it's place on the rack and hugged it, although I knew it was a shirt and didn't care if I loved it or not.

"Now pick out some jeans and shoes. I'll be over here looking at posters." I nodded and went into the back where the shoes were. I definantly needed those ASAP. I had been wearing the same pair of heels for almost a year now. My ankles were on the verge of braking. I picked out some black and red converse and pulled some skinny jeans from the wall.

"Charlie, I'm going to go try them on!" I called to the front of the store.

"Okay!" I entered one of the small rooms and changed into my new clothes. The feeling of clean clothes on my skin was foreign to me, as was these last few hours, and I loved it. I left the changing room to go show off to Charlie.

"Hey, check you out!" he said when he saw it. "Way much better than that sorry excuse of a skirt and mini stilettos." I scowled at him. Just then, the girl behind the register screamed. We both turned to see what had happened. She turned a dial, and a song became loud on the speakers.

Well if you wanted honesty, that's all you had to say. I never want to let you down or have you go. It's better off this way. . .

My heart stopped. Those were the words Gerard had written on the piece of paper he gave to me. I ran up to the girl and almost screamed at her.

"Who sings this?"

"The best band in the whole fucking world! My Chemical Romance!!" My face lit up and I turned to Charlie. He had heard her also and now we were both intimately listening to it. His voice was amazing. I had never heard anything like it.

As soon as I was beginning to catch onto the lyrics, a whole horde or teenagers came rushing into the store and screaming out what I was about to.

"I'M NOOOOT OOOKAY!!!" They all began to jump up and down in unison, some holding each other in the process. They must be pretty big.

Charlie and I had bought my clothes and he, once again, forced me to take into another offer of his. He was going to let me clean up at his place, take a well deserved shower, stuff like that.

Once I was dressed and my hair was dry, he placed a stick of eyeliner into my hand. "Charlie!! Quit Spoiling Me!!!" I whined.

"You never let me do anything for you. I can spoil you now if I want." I stuck my tongue out at him and went back into the bathroom to put it on.

"Perfect," he said when I re entered. "Now let's go!!"

_______________________________________________________________________