We'll Fly Home, You And I

Chapter 31

::Frank's POV::

"Sweetie, Hannah's pregnant." No other sentence has ever shocked me the way that one did.

"What?" Gerard asked, as if he hadn't heard her, although it was obvious he did. We all did.

"She's pregnant. Bert's the father, dear." I watched in horror as his face hardened into a loathing expression. His fists clenched and he lashed out and hit the wall. Gerard leaned his forehead against it and slowly slid down to the ground into a squatting position. I could barely hear him whisper a small "No." He was grief stricken. This was hard for him to have to handle. The one person he cared about most in the world had the hardest life anyone of us has ever heard of. And now she was pregnant with the man we all hated and the man she feared.

None of us knew what to say. Or do.

"Dad?" We turned around in unison to face Alicia and Hannah. She rushed over and sat in front of Gerard. "Daddy?" He looked up. She plunged into his chest and squeezed his neck. "I'm sorry I ran away. I'm sorry that this happened." He placed his hand on top of her head.

"I'm sorry too. But we can. . . . get through this." Mikey was holding a whispering conversation with Alicia, so I decided to say something.

"Are you going to keep it?" What? Why did I say that? Damn, my curiosity was getting the better of me.

"If I can't then I'm going to give it the best family we can find. I don't want it to end up like me." Gerard wrapped his arms around her and pulled Hannah closer to him.

"And it won't." His hand fell on top of hers and he began to massage her wrist. "I want Bert to have nothing to do with this."

"But don't you think he should a-" Gerard cut Ray off.

"Nothing." No arguing with him on the subject. "This is your baby Hannah. I want you to do what ever you want to with it." Tears welled up in her eyes.

"Thank you," she whispered.

"Anything for you."

::Two days later::
::Hannah's POV::


Tomorrow was Uncle Mikey's birthday. I had nothing. I was freaking. It was eight o'clock in the morning. Dad was sitting calmly at the "kitchen counter" drinking a cup of coffee.

"Dad?" I asked franticly.

"Hmm?"

"What did you get him?" He looked at me.

"Get who, hun?"

"Uncle Mikey, for his birthday!" I said impatiently. The only reason I said it so loud is because he was still in the hotel, checking out for us.

"I drew him a picture," he stated proudly. I scowled.

"I can't draw."

"Oh, you mean what should you get him." No duh, Sherlock. "I think Ray and Frank are going shopping in an hour. You can go with them." I glanced over at the two.

"You're going to the mall?" I asked. They nodded. "Don't you know who you are?" They stared at eachother.

"Yes," they said.

"Don't you know about the magic of big ass sunglasses and hoodies?" Frank asked. Oh. That made since. "Besides, you're going into the stores. We're just telling you what to buy."

"What!? I'm not your servant. Get your own damn presents!"

"Frank's kidding. We'll help you get something for Mikey," Ray told me. Thank god.

::One hour and thirty minutes later::

The three of us stood in front of the sacred store. Hot Topic.

"Are you sure you're going to go through with this?" I asked. Frank let out a shuttered breath.

"We should have brought Worm," he said.

"The mall just opened. Most people aren't even awake yet. Come on," I led them into the shop. It was empty, except for the clerk who sat mindlessly behind the check out counter reading last month's Kerrang! Issue.

"Okay, let's make this quick," Ray said. Frank and I nodded. "Do you know what Bob got him?"

"Ya, a Nightmare Before Christmas jacket," Frank replied. Damn, I was eyeing one of those on our way in here. "What did Alicia get him?" he asked me.

"I don't want to know," I said. He nodded.

"Good call. Hey! Look! A My Chem shirt. Let's get him this."

"Frank, you idiot, we can get those for free." His shoulders fell. "How about that Smashing Pumpkins CD you broke a week ago. He worshipped that thing."

"We can't get that here."

"Then le-"

"Frankie?" the girl from behind the counter called. He turned around slowly and waved. She squealed and came over to us. "Hi! What are you guys doing here?" Wow. She's not attacking.

"We're getting a present for Mikey's birthday."

"Oh, cool! I already got him mine. I'm bringing it to the show tonight. Who's the girl?" I looked up. Shit. Help!

"Alicia's niece. She came to visit," Ray covered for me. That lie seemed to work for everything.

"Alicia's here? Tell her I said hi. So what are you guys getting him?"

"I'm getting him a Smashing Pumpkins CD. These two are kind of stuck though," Frank said pointing to us.

"I can help you, if you'd like?" Ray and I practically screamed 'Yes!' at her. "Alright, follow me." She led us out of the store.

"Don't you work there? You could get fired."

"Meh, this is more important." She turned around and smiled and pointed to Ray and Frank. "Autographs. Later. So what kind of gift are you looking for?"

"Anything really."

"You could get him a stuffed unicorn?" she offered. What? We all looked at her like she was crazy. "Hmm. Maybe that's just a fan rumor. Alright, how about an iHome."

"Oh th-"

"I CALL IT!" Ray shouted before Frank could say anything. "Stick to the CD Iero. The iHome is mine." Frank pouted, causing the girl to laugh.

"I liked that stuffed unicorn idea," I said.

"Alright, let's go buy it!"